What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Looks like the patch notes were here then the site crashed.
Got to see the stuff from Avoiding the puddle not sure if they are the same though.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/9/3/tekken-7-upcoming-season-2-balance-changes-unveiled.html

EDIT: If this is right from what I am looking at (Quick scan):
- A lot of Paul's main stuff is on hit has been changed whether this is good or bad is unknown (Looks bad so far.)
- Deathfist nerf.
- b+2,1 is more unsafe on block (-12) but 0 on hit.
- u/f+2 is the wall bounce move with faster startup and more plus frames etc.
- SWY 4 is less plus on block, counterhit changed.
- u/b+2 counterhit changed
- d/f+1+3, deathfist throw now combos without JF but you do more damage if you can get the JF input (choice of throws at wall for wall splat)

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Looks like the patch notes were here then the site crashed.
Got to see the stuff from Avoiding the puddle not sure if they are the same though.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/9/3/tekken-7-upcoming-season-2-balance-changes-unveiled.html
Been looking at that shit as we speak lol. They gave Lucky Chloe not 1, not 2, but 3 NEW MOVES!?!? They really trying to push this character....and Im here for it ;)

But my main man, Eddy.....they.....I dunno. Its pretty mixed. They nerfed some of his moves, but buffed some of em. He's pretty neutral from the list.

They really got on Jack tho. Even though it was slight nerfs to his damage and increased his ranged, they put alot of moves more negative on block. I actually agree with that. Fuck Jack :)

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
"Opponent reaction on hit was changed"

Is quite the fkn cliffhanger. We'll just have to wait and see but for example Devil Jin is basically the same but then his hellsweep has that phrase attached to it. Just makes you wonder...

Is quite the fkn cliffhanger. We'll just have to wait and see but for example Devil Jin is basically the same but then his hellsweep has that phrase attached to it. Just makes you wonder...
Imagine how I feel hahaha, for a lot of Pauls stuff i see:
"Opponent reaction on mid-air hit was changed"
"Opponent reaction after counter hit was changed"

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Kaz got buffed. Nice.

f3 changed on ch so maybe no mix up or electric launch anymore.

B1+2 not safe on block anymore.

apart from that all good

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I wonder if f1+2 will still give crumple state on hit cause if it does that is very nasty.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Devil Jin Hellsweep was nerfed back to Td DR/T6
he can only launch you if it hits as a clean hit, if its made from distance the animation its going to be similar to Hei's on regular hit.

This whole season two changes are:
Buff Fuking Heihachi to heaven so JDCR can pick him up
Buff King and Law for random reasons
Buff Asuka for random reasons
Nerf Fucking Paul and Bryan because reasons
Nerf Dragunov so JDCR stops playing him
Nerf all Jin memes, including Avenger Setups and Bf23~zen 1+2 which has been there since TTT2 only because people don't want to think and wanna duck everything he does.
Nerf all other characters as an indirect buff to Jin so Jin mains can stop complaining about T-Rex Arms and chicken legs since we will not give him anything anyways.
Buff Mishimas EWGF so ppl start ducking them.

This season its going to be fun.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I played a little bit online with Eddy and the only thing I've notice is his "Attack interaction changes" thingy that was cryptic in the notes basically means they temporarily took away his up close camera angle to his f f 3 move.

I guess the only time when the camera is all cinematic is when the move counts as a counter hit. Eh, no biggie

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Bryan's ws1 nerf means at point blank range quite a lot of characters get to launch it but at slightly further away you may not be able to. Df1,1,1,1 will now be punishable by the whole cast.

However... 2nd hit of 1+2,2 is now a counterhit launcher same as 2nd hit of df2,3 and CH 3+4, you get the fully charged fF3 follow-up for some really heavy damage. On normal hit the 2nd hit gives you the 3+4 normal hit knockdown which has to be tech rolled in order to prevent the run up db2 float pick up but if you tech you can be hit with a taunt. Recovery changes to 4,3,4 and the spin kick screw after backfist means you get to hit max damage combos easier and some new combos are available, such as being able to do b3f into qcf2,1 ender after 1+2 - db2 - 4,3,4 S!. 2nd hit of ws3,4 gives an untechable buttflop stun on CH which doesn't give anything guaranteed mid-screen, but at the wall you get the fast unblockable f1+4 and taunt guaranteed and there is no way to get out of it. Rage art gets stuffed, Jin can't parry etc. You can't do anything but take the taunt or f1+4

As for Heihachi... oooooh man, thank you lord god Harada :D ; FC df4 and cd df3 now give you a guaranteed fF2 that flips over. If you try to quickstand or hold b after full crouch sweep, fF2 will launch you fully. FF2 hits on the ground at all times. OTGF has the same range as f3 and flips over, doesn't hit on the ground but easily possible after d1 CH 2, f1+2 and ws1 for a flip over and 4 points more damage over the bnb qcf2. OTGF is possible after rage drive combo ender. FF2 flip over is possible after normal hit f3, timing is strict but it's doable. Best way to get up after eating f3 is to hold back and hope you can block the fF2. However due to the range at which the fF2 is blocked in this case, pushback is basically maxed out and in a Heihachi mirror setting, qcf2 wasn't able to punish the blocked fF2. After power crush, fF2 flip over is guaranteed. At the wall, the full crouch sweep into fF2 means you must tech after eating it or risk eating more damage. The sidestep after Raijin stance comes out reasonably fast and if you try to launch Heihachi for going into empty Raijin stance into SS, you may end up getting punished yourself, however, if you stuff the raijin stance with jabs on reaction, you will most likely be successful in doing so, though you should be wary of the mid/high mix-up Heihachi has out of it.

Basically in summary, you can't stay on the ground against Heihachi. You must tech every time you can or risk eating the OTG fF2. Attacking off the ground is totally out of the question. Heihachi can push you almost to the wall from midscreen after anything that knocks down. Power crush into fF2 carries you for almost 2/3 of the stage on any stage. When you tech you must face the full crouch sweep vs mid (I use f4) mix-up.

As for some knockdowns like df1,2 and f2,3 I didn't explore the options yet... but... I think it can be said that Heihachi towers over all the other characters in A tier and is quite possibly S tier in this patch.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm not good at Tekken by any stretch of the mean, but man why did they nerf my boy Paul...

I pretty much live for Deathfist, so I'm sad to hear about that being nerfed. But also B+1,2. This is probably one of my most used moves. Sad to see.

What do you think of the changes, @JJvercetti ? I'm not good enough to know how big all the changes are in the grand scheme of things.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
so since I am still new I have seen wide ranging thoughts on my main Kazumi and not sure what to believe lol. i have heard things from her being dead to being fine but now more varied. Curious to know what people with more knowledge say on how she was handled.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
so since I am still new I have seen wide ranging thoughts on my main Kazumi and not sure what to believe lol. i have heard things from her being dead to being fine but now more varied. Curious to know what people with more knowledge say on how she was handled.
First of all most people are stupid lol

Second, the patch has only been out a day and a half so theres plenty of things to discover. She was really dominate with her poke game before the patch. Now, i dont main her, but she seems more "fair" i guess you can say.

Immortal

Blind justice....
This patch is quite horrible unless youre Heihachi main or Lars (lol) then you're golden.

It's like Harada wanted every Mishima player switch from Jin.... to Heihachi... What's the fucking point.

Also while i still think Dragunov is decent enough (no way he is top tier now) he got overnerfed. D2 doesn't force CR now on hit and im -1 of it. So my oponnent on hit is standing and has advantage... like yeah.... what the fuck? Armor is now -14 on block... So it's launch punishable by pretty much anybody now.

And to top it all off - range on f+1+2 CMT was nerfed to hell, it now often wont reach/whiff on oponnent right next to me. Facepalm.

People always complained that Dragunov is 2 moves character, well guess what... Now he is 1 move character coz it's like WR2 whole day... coz there's absolutely nothing else left to do.

He's like the only character i really enjoy playing in T7 and he got nerfed every single patch, like seriously there isn't anything left to nerf and more likely he got overnerfed.

Also WB is the dumbest mechanic ever, some character on smaller stages of one hit/counter hit can now take you to the wall and do WB in one combo for 70% of HP.

All in all Harada must be high and been that way for a while now.

@TheGabStandard - she's still fine, easy to pick up, easy to play, decent tools nothing really changed for her, she will still see quite a lot of tournament play.

Last edited: