What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm really excited for Lei and his multiple rage drives by stances looks phenomenal.
I wonder what the possibility is of every character having multiple rage drives. In yesterday's trailer, you can see Steve perform a rage drive d/f+1+2 that launches and transitions into DCK.

As far as the wall bounce system is concerned, Geese already has a move with this property, which is b+2 if I recall correctly. The move is rarely ever used because of its few applications.

Anybody got the quick lei breakdown... I guess he has a bunch of stances
I would pop in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in order to learn the stances. A couple are much more useful than others while certain moves can transition to certain stances.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
All changes noticed in the Season 2 Trailer

Claudio
FF2, 1+2 wall bounces

Lars
Den1 wall bounces

King
b4 Wall bounces
BT 3 launches higher like OTGF from Heihachi

Heihachi
F3+4, 1 its now a Natural Hit Launcher and not a knockdown anymore, Heihachi is going to fuck up jab flurries now.

Gigas
new Ws move, seems to be i13, it floor breaks on floor break stage

Steve
Ragedrive Replaced by a new one, a i13 Sonic Fang that launches.
Its believed that Steve RD has been changed since his RD was pretty much useless before.

Bryan
QCF1+2 Wall bounces.

But if we really have 2 rage drives now, its going to be godlike, Imagine Jin with a laser cannon/Laser Scrapper ragedrive lol

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hey all looking for a little help. I'm trying to punish a low move but I seem to get a different move when I do a neutral jab from crouching. How do I find this move in the moves list? I can't seem to punish things with my usualy moves that I use from standing because of this. Cheers.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Hey all looking for a little help. I'm trying to punish a low move but I seem to get a different move when I do a neutral jab from crouching. How do I find this move in the moves list? I can't seem to punish things with my usualy moves that I use from standing because of this. Cheers.
Those moves are called while standing moves and they are specifically designed for punishing lows. Some are safe and can be used as pokes, but most are unsafe. Some characters have access to additional mix-up options while in crouch. While standing launchers are all unsafe.

Here is a general guideline if you don't want to look up frames:

Low pokes that do low damage and have no counterhit properties - punish with while standing 4, generally not worth ducking and low crushing (hop kick) or low parrying on a read (time and hold df) will yield more damage. Some are neutral, negative or slightly plus on hit.

Lows that knock down, launch and deal heavy damage - some stagger on block and are -20 or worse on block, the ones that don't are generally -15 or worse meaning you get your ws1 or ws2 while standing launcher with most characters.

There are exceptions of course but at the end of the day knowing a characters most common mix-up/low-mid game options and how to deal with them is pretty much mandatory.

Scott The Scot

Those moves are called while standing moves and they are specifically designed for punishing lows. Some are safe and can be used as pokes, but most are unsafe. Some characters have access to additional mix-up options while in crouch. While standing launchers are all unsafe.

Here is a general guideline if you don't want to look up frames:

Low pokes that do low damage and have no counterhit properties - punish with while standing 4, generally not worth ducking and low crushing (hop kick) or low parrying on a read (time and hold df) will yield more damage. Some are neutral, negative or slightly plus on hit.

Lows that knock down, launch and deal heavy damage - some stagger on block and are -20 or worse on block, the ones that don't are generally -15 or worse meaning you get your ws1 or ws2 while standing launcher with most characters.

There are exceptions of course but at the end of the day knowing a characters most common mix-up/low-mid game options and how to deal with them is pretty much mandatory.
Very useful information, thank you. I'll be sure to read more about this stuff. Do you get combo punishes from while standing moves, generally? Or is it typically single hit punishes?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Still regaining my voice from EVO weekend and this was one of the best experiences of my life!

Anna....that bitch is just fierce from head to toe! And that Rage Art is so fucking extra, I'm LIVING for it!

Love how Lei is still wearing Cop pants. I thought it was some type of Shenmu(whateva) or Yakuza character reveal because he looks so different. More Jackie Chan comedic feel to him and im digging it!

Negan made me lose my damn voice! I mean, he would seem to fit more with MK but im very interested on how the hell he would even play in this game. So random, yet so Righteous!

Tekken 7 stole the show with the best reveal HANDS DOWN!

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
So I'm getting back into Tekken for the first time swapping to stick, and it is 150% easier to move than it is on pad
Tekken is the only game I've considered stick for, but mostly to ease simultaneous button smooching. Hard to imagine moving being easier.

I was looking pretty hard at sticks for awhile, but just couldn't seem to find something that seemed like a fit for me, and I feel more comfortable playing it on random pads than any other game. I have't had to unroll the cord on a Hori since I started playing, so it's kind of been like "how do I justify this when I can just chill wireless with a DS4?"

Okay. Fighting Eddy is single handedly the most infurienting thing I've had to deal with. And I spent two years fighting Ermac.
It is overwhelming just learning about what he does then finding your own soloution according to the characters you are using, you will get there. Who are you using anyways? maybe people here can help you.

Scott The Scot

It is overwhelming just learning about what he does then finding your own soloution according to the characters you are using, you will get there. Who are you using anyways? maybe people here can help you.
I use Paul. I just don't know when to push buttons, he like sits on the ground or does a hand stand and then low profiles my faster attacks and stuff. If I block too long there's a plethora of lows and mids lol. I'll just have to lab it one by one when I next play.

Then you're gonna hate Uncle JBeezY's Eddy :DOGE
I feel like I'll hate any eddy lol

I use Paul. I just don't know when to push buttons, he like sits on the ground or does a hand stand and then low profiles my faster attacks and stuff. If I block too long there's a plethora of lows and mids lol. I'll just have to lab it one by one when I next play.

I feel like I'll hate any eddy lol
A good guide for the stuff is the paul phoenix vs the universe by joey fury which shows the visual punishes to stuff with explaination amongst other things.

Edit: I main Paul too so I can try and help with some stuff.

Scott The Scot

A good guide for the stuff is the paul phoenix vs the universe by joey fury which shows the visual punishes to stuff with explaination amongst other things.

Edit: I main Paul too so I can try and help with some stuff.
I'll find it and digest it. Thank you for the information! We should play some time my dude! :D

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Lies! You can't get there. He is a helicopter with no hurtbox. Just walk into the blades and get it over with.