What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Jack is definitely good, he works like a Russian tractor :D. It's just funny to me because I saw someone at Kor's Tekken academy make a thread claiming Jack is top tier based on tournament usage and results. Kazumi would be kinda the same, a good character that might get predictable in longer sets or when 2 players who play each other all the time VS each other in a tournament.
I just think jack is really good because of ease of use\execution, good lows, crazy damage and wall carry and great throws. Def a good tourney character in my mind.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
You're making a simple mistake. Judging her by player skill not by the toolset she has.

JDCR can probably make Gigas look top tier. Does this means Gigas is top tier? No.

Kazumi is just ok (nobody said she's bad), they do decently well with her coz they're good (JP/Kor) players and thats about it. There is pletora of better characters then her in T7.
Yes I understand the players are good but if they are in tourney why would they choose her then if she is just average. I have seen her played by many different people more so then the rest of the cast.

I really have no stake in the character either way I just think she a very solid character and have been seeing a lot of really good players use her. I never hear anyone say anything bad about her just that she is very solid character.

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I just think jack is really good because of ease of use\execution, good lows, crazy damage and wall carry and great throws. Def a good tourney character in my mind.
Oh yeah, also don't forget "Put opponent at wall, win game". That really needs to be a meme with Jack's face and wearing the Scumbag Steve cap :D

I picked up Jack in T7 and play him occasionally just because Bruce isn't in and Josie plays nothing like Bruce. I don't really explore him or anything but when I see setups or sequences I haven't seen before I think to myself "I am totally stealing that" lol.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Mishima punishment apart from EWGF combined with good combos, a decent df1 and a generic hop kick is enough reason to play Kazumi but if you are already decent with any of the Mishimas or you play any of the dedicated rushdown characters there is no point in picking her up. She is there simply because of the low execution requirement. Same thing applies to Shaheen. If you don't feel like practicing Lee's b2-loops or his just frames or you don't want to practice Law's DSS cancels you can just pick Shaheen and have access to a similar playstyle with no execution barrier.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
What we need is a real tier list. Not a torney list and not a deathmatch list but one in between. Starting with the characters who do good in both. Alright yall give me your top 5 who kill in both scenarios.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My tier list:
S: Xiao, Leo, DVJ, Dra
A: Steve, Feng, Bry, Paul, Jin, Hwo, Kaz, Hei, Raven, Asuka
B: Everyone else in between
C: Chloe, Gigas, Bears

S tier characters are easy to use and are among the safest in the game except for DVJ which takes more skills
A tier character are somewhat in between but can get better results on tournament sets or death match, with expection of Kaz that takes more Skill
I put law on B because of how extremely unsafe he is, Law and Akuma are among the most usafest characters in this game, i dunno how one gets to play on or another, those are kind of risks i'm not willing to take
Switched Kasumi spot with Asuka

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You got whore rang in b?
He is the one i think does good in death but great in torney
Hwo is A, he is unsafe as well, but not as unsafe as Law and Akumer are, and yet, he has the best PC in the game, a great natural combo low, a mid launcher that is super safe but its tied down to its execution level.

He also switches sides to where you want to sidestep him, so its kinda tricky.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I try and punish him with electrics just to get launched with his pc. In a death match situation the game will turn in my favour most times but in a short set im free

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kazumi isn't that good. She is just very easy to use. For example, Take said he switched from Bryan to Kazumi only because she was so much easier to play than Bryan. Smallest movelist in the game, one move good for 5 different things type of playstyle. If she wasn't turn your brain off levels of easy to play you would rarely see her.

Like the Nina comparison someone used earlier is dead on. Nina is legit superior in every single category. An actual better version than Kazumi in every way, yet you rarely see her used because of the high execution and dedication required to play her.

Kazumi isn't Gigas level trash, but she probably is low end of the mid tier at best. I can think of 15 characters better instantly. It just speaks to the balance of Tekken if anything that a mediocre character can play so well.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
But she is high reward for low execution and with the input delay very hard to react to. Again in a torney situation she is really good

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But she is high reward for low execution and with the input delay very hard to react to. Again in a torney situation she is really good
Yea I think that's what actually makes her work. Over a long set things probably get predictable and easier to read. In just a few games there's too much going on so by the time you get a grasp you may have already lost.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Going competitive at ESL tomorrow. I want to test out my limit in Tekken. I want to see how far can I go with this game.

Tanno

@Eddy Wang , if I understand it well, the Kazek setup for the OKI is the restand one? The one to force stand up your opponent to continue your combo?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang , if I understand it well, the Kazek setup for the OKI is the restand one? The one to force stand up your opponent to continue your combo?
Its the one that pins characters in the ground with ws1, 2~zen

if you wakeup depending of what he reads, he gets a CH with zen 3, 1, 2 out of zen or even zen1+2 if you wakeup with a mid kick.
If you stay grounded, Zen 4 becomes guaranteed.
if you just stand you have to deal with CD mixups.

Its very dificult and requires a lot in execution since is based around iws moves to get it out of CD, but once you cross that line there is a lot you can do with it, even on regular combos.

Tanno

Its the one that pins characters in the ground with ws1, 2~zen

if you wakeup depending of what he reads, he gets a CH with zen 3, 1, 2 out of zen or even zen1+2 if you wakeup with a mid kick.
If you stay grounded, Zen 4 becomes guaranteed.
if you just stand you have to deal with CD mixups.

Its very dificult and requires a lot in execution since is based around iws moves to get it out of CD, but once you cross that line there is a lot you can do with it, even on regular combos.
Sounds like a OKI mindgame there. Now that I see it, in my eyes it seems like this tech is preventing the opponent from doing wake-up attacks. I believe this tech works only for the fast chars, like Katarina and Jin.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sounds like a OKI mindgame there. Now that I see it, in my eyes it seems like this tech is preventing the opponent from doing wake-up attacks. I believe this tech works only for the fast chars, like Katarina and Jin.
Its the stance that locks down everything.
Zen 3 is imo one of he greatest buffs jin got since the FR second update, along with a launch EWHF and the combo system change.

Zen 3 pretty much lets jin enters into stance and not be as much worried specially from distance, since now he has a safe homing mid that launches on CH, if he catches you pressing buttons no matter how or where its going to hurt.

Do you guys know if rbnorway frame data is accurate or up to date? I was looking for data on asuka's 113 but it doesn't have it listed so I check the data on f+1,3 because they're basically the same. On rbnorway it says it's -5~-4 on block but I recorded asuka to mash 1 after both f+1,3 and 113 on block and it trades with a 12 frame move so it should be -2 right? Also it has f+1,3,1 as a string but it doesn't seem to exist.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Do you guys know if rbnorway frame data is accurate or up to date? I was looking for data on asuka's 113 but it doesn't have it listed so I check the data on f+1,3 because they're basically the same. On rbnorway it says it's -5~-4 on block but I recorded asuka to mash 1 after both f+1,3 and 113 on block and it trades with a 12 frame move so it should be -2 right? Also it has f+1,3,1 as a string but it doesn't seem to exist.
i dont think asuka has a i10 jab. I think its i11

do we know if we're going to see some tekken news this coming gamescom? last year, lee got revealed.

also, when's tekken bowl? lol they said august. im expecting other customs/panels as well.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tekken 7: Win Quitting Is Us

do we know if we're going to see some tekken news this coming gamescom? last year, lee got revealed.

also, when's tekken bowl? lol they said august. im expecting other customs/panels as well.
Hopefully if there is revealing it won't be relating to this mobile crap the revealed today.

"Early 2017"