Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Discussion in 'Tekken' started by SaltShaker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sutter Pain

Sutter Pain Your mothers main.

Steam:
    Sutter_Pain
    Yes I understand the players are good but if they are in tourney why would they choose her then if she is just average. I have seen her played by many different people more so then the rest of the cast.

I really have no stake in the character either way I just think she a very solid character and have been seeing a lot of really good players use her. I never hear anyone say anything bad about her just that she is very solid character.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. Smoke_Of_Finland

Smoke_Of_Finland Believe in the hop kick

Oh yeah, also don't forget "Put opponent at wall, win game". That really needs to be a meme with Jack's face and wearing the Scumbag Steve cap :D

I picked up Jack in T7 and play him occasionally just because Bruce isn't in and Josie plays nothing like Bruce. I don't really explore him or anything but when I see setups or sequences I haven't seen before I think to myself "I am totally stealing that" lol.

Sutter Pain likes this.
  3. Smoke_Of_Finland

Smoke_Of_Finland Believe in the hop kick

Mishima punishment apart from EWGF combined with good combos, a decent df1 and a generic hop kick is enough reason to play Kazumi but if you are already decent with any of the Mishimas or you play any of the dedicated rushdown characters there is no point in picking her up. She is there simply because of the low execution requirement. Same thing applies to Shaheen. If you don't feel like practicing Lee's b2-loops or his just frames or you don't want to practice Law's DSS cancels you can just pick Shaheen and have access to a similar playstyle with no execution barrier.

4. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    What we need is a real tier list. Not a torney list and not a deathmatch list but one in between. Starting with the characters who do good in both. Alright yall give me your top 5 who kill in both scenarios.

5. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    Ive got.....

Ling
    Drag
    Leo
    Dvj
    Whore rang

6. Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang Black Canary Main.

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    My tier list:
    S: Xiao, Leo, DVJ, Dra
    A: Steve, Feng, Bry, Paul, Jin, Hwo, Kaz, Hei, Raven, Asuka
    B: Everyone else in between
    C: Chloe, Gigas, Bears

S tier characters are easy to use and are among the safest in the game except for DVJ which takes more skills
    A tier character are somewhat in between but can get better results on tournament sets or death match, with expection of Kaz that takes more Skill
    I put law on B because of how extremely unsafe he is, Law and Akuma are among the most usafest characters in this game, i dunno how one gets to play on or another, those are kind of risks i'm not willing to take
    Switched Kasumi spot with Asuka

NaCl man likes this.
  7. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    You got whore rang in b?
    He is the one i think does good in death but great in torney

8. Eddy Wang

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    Hwo is A, he is unsafe as well, but not as unsafe as Law and Akumer are, and yet, he has the best PC in the game, a great natural combo low, a mid launcher that is super safe but its tied down to its execution level.

He also switches sides to where you want to sidestep him, so its kinda tricky.

NaCl man likes this.
  9. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    I try and punish him with electrics just to get launched with his pc. In a death match situation the game will turn in my favour most times but in a short set im free

10. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

Kazumi isn't that good. She is just very easy to use. For example, Take said he switched from Bryan to Kazumi only because she was so much easier to play than Bryan. Smallest movelist in the game, one move good for 5 different things type of playstyle. If she wasn't turn your brain off levels of easy to play you would rarely see her.

Like the Nina comparison someone used earlier is dead on. Nina is legit superior in every single category. An actual better version than Kazumi in every way, yet you rarely see her used because of the high execution and dedication required to play her.

Kazumi isn't Gigas level trash, but she probably is low end of the mid tier at best. I can think of 15 characters better instantly. It just speaks to the balance of Tekken if anything that a mediocre character can play so well.

11. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    But she is high reward for low execution and with the input delay very hard to react to. Again in a torney situation she is really good

12. SaltShaker

Yea I think that's what actually makes her work. Over a long set things probably get predictable and easier to read. In just a few games there's too much going on so by the time you get a grasp you may have already lost.

NaCl man likes this.
  13. Tanno

Tanno The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
    Premium Supporter

Going competitive at ESL tomorrow. I want to test out my limit in Tekken. I want to see how far can I go with this game.

14. Eddy Wang

PSN:
    eddywangmk
  15. Tanno

Premium Supporter

@Eddy Wang , if I understand it well, the Kazek setup for the OKI is the restand one? The one to force stand up your opponent to continue your combo?

16. Eddy Wang

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    Its the one that pins characters in the ground with ws1, 2~zen

if you wakeup depending of what he reads, he gets a CH with zen 3, 1, 2 out of zen or even zen1+2 if you wakeup with a mid kick.
    If you stay grounded, Zen 4 becomes guaranteed.
    if you just stand you have to deal with CD mixups.

Its very dificult and requires a lot in execution since is based around iws moves to get it out of CD, but once you cross that line there is a lot you can do with it, even on regular combos.

SaltShaker and Tanno like this.
  17. Tanno

Premium Supporter

Sounds like a OKI mindgame there. Now that I see it, in my eyes it seems like this tech is preventing the opponent from doing wake-up attacks. I believe this tech works only for the fast chars, like Katarina and Jin.

18. Eddy Wang

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    Its the stance that locks down everything.
    Zen 3 is imo one of he greatest buffs jin got since the FR second update, along with a launch EWHF and the combo system change.

Zen 3 pretty much lets jin enters into stance and not be as much worried specially from distance, since now he has a safe homing mid that launches on CH, if he catches you pressing buttons no matter how or where its going to hurt.

19. Sutter Pain

Sutter Pain Your mothers main.

Steam:
    Sutter_Pain
    I really wish 4 bar meant 4 bar. I just started playing ranked and god damn there is nothing more annoying then getting a hwo or law on a shitty 3 bar connection when my promotion is up.

Osagri, NaCl man and SaltShaker like this.
  20. Do you guys know if rbnorway frame data is accurate or up to date? I was looking for data on asuka's 113 but it doesn't have it listed so I check the data on f+1,3 because they're basically the same. On rbnorway it says it's -5~-4 on block but I recorded asuka to mash 1 after both f+1,3 and 113 on block and it trades with a 12 frame move so it should be -2 right? Also it has f+1,3,1 as a string but it doesn't seem to exist.

21. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    i dont think asuka has a i10 jab. I think its i11

22. zaccbarias

zaccbarias Noob

do we know if we're going to see some tekken news this coming gamescom? last year, lee got revealed.

also, when's tekken bowl? lol they said august. im expecting other customs/panels as well.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:35 PM
  23. SaltShaker

Tekken 7: Win Quitting Is Us

Hopefully if there is revealing it won't be relating to this mobile crap the revealed today.

"Early 2017"

24. Tanno

Premium Supporter

Do you mean that anyone who quits the game loses, and we win automatically?

25. SaltShaker

Nah I'm talking about in ranked, how its set up where you can full on sets of the same rank, but most people will leave after 1-2 matches even if they win. Only time they truly want to stay is if they think it will be an easy win. Wish there was a ranked death match mode or something.

Tanno likes this.