What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Man is it just me or is king a real asshole in this game.
He has always been an asshole. I really dislike fighting him as Mishimas and I'll pick Bryan if my brain starts to cook lol. Just because Bryan can chase him down better (hit King out of crouch with dash in b1, fF3 or random bB4 to discourage the backdash into duck abuse) and also punish his usual BS harder( FC df2 inside range can be launched with jet uppercut if you watch out for it and the low can be orbital heeled), generally Kings are just looking to suck you in and stick out the full crouch 50/50 whenever they visually confirm you moving forward inside range.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I think the method you posted is the correct way minus the extra back input before the neutral. The sway characters have to do it like this. I think the non sway characters can do backdash, qcb, N, b, qcb, N etc as an easier way.
I see. However, to my surprise I learned that this KBD has an input glitch that forces the character to do it faster than ever. There's this continued D/B that the system registers as B AND D standalone.

Immortal

Blind justice....
He has always been an asshole. I really dislike fighting him as Mishimas and I'll pick Bryan if my brain starts to cook lol. Just because Bryan can chase him down better (hit King out of crouch with dash in b1, fF3 or random bB4 to discourage the backdash into duck abuse) and also punish his usual BS harder( FC df2 inside range can be launched with jet uppercut if you watch out for it and the low can be orbital heeled), generally Kings are just looking to suck you in and stick out the full crouch 50/50 whenever they visually confirm you moving forward inside range.
King is fine. Just try some decent WHOREang online. It's great.................

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So I got the Deluxe edition on Xbox and it didn't give me the season pass. I figured that when it came time to download shit, I'd be able to find it like in Injustice 2, but I don't have the season pass and cannot find a download for it or Tekken Bowling.

I know 100% that I have the deluxe edition and while it only lists Tekken 7 and the costume packs in the the "In this bundle" section it specifically states that the season pass content would be downloadable and there's no reason to charge 25 bucks for just a mediocre costume pack.

Anyone else having issues with this? Am I just being dumb and can't find it? I've never had worse experiences then with Microsoft customer support so I'm really hoping it's something simple and not the bullshit it appears to be.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
So I got the Deluxe edition on Xbox and it didn't give me the season pass. I figured that when it came time to download shit, I'd be able to find it like in Injustice 2, but I don't have the season pass and cannot find a download for it or Tekken Bowling.

I know 100% that I have the deluxe edition and while it only lists Tekken 7 and the costume packs in the the "In this bundle" section it specifically states that the season pass content would be downloadable and there's no reason to charge 25 bucks for just a mediocre costume pack.

Anyone else having issues with this? Am I just being dumb and can't find it? I've never had worse experiences then with Microsoft customer support so I'm really hoping it's something simple and not the bullshit it appears to be.
it was a release issue and the game shop i got it from sent me a new code. Didnt think it would still be an issue. This was for ps4 as well not sure about xbone

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Online sux now. The new patch is trash
What's worse. Now we won't know who's behind the matchmaking, resulting it difficult for us to see who do we decline or accept.
No idea what they were thinking. Clear drop in quality on this patch. The fact that you could see people who rage quit in a different color so you could not accept the match, but now have NO choice is ridiculous. Why remove one of the best features??? Disconnection rate is fake. Moving backwards is becoming their specialty.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
They removed the player name from the match request? If so that is horrible as fuck.....

I heard the lag problems are also on the PS4 is that true, i have not played in a couple days.

Tanno

Man this game is great but this matchmaking system is just balls. The worst offender for me is the connection indicator bars. the horoscopes in the back of titty mags are by far more accurate than this 4 bar is never 4 bar shit.
Would be nice if they applied the same shit like Arc and NRS games are, meaning you go in the character menu, you select one, then you select random or certain areas, and that's it. Tekken is unique than the rest, and is way worse. :/

I have heard about some issues this game has.

For me, this game is stable, smooth and nice when talking about fighting. The rest are the real issue here. :(

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
They removed the player name from the match request? If so that is horrible as fuck.....

I heard the lag problems are also on the PS4 is that true, i have not played in a couple days.
yep its bad now. Im on ps4 and 5 bar connections shudder and skip frames.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
yep its bad now. Im on ps4 and 5 bar connections shudder and skip frames.
I don't know if this is true or not but I thought i read something about it being a problem with ps4 customisations and messing with the frame rates causing it to lag. Regardless that sucks man, game is so good but everything about online just booty and it keeps getting worse.

Tanno

I don't know if this is true or not but I thought i read something about it being a problem with ps4 customisations and messing with the frame rates causing it to lag. Regardless that sucks man, game is so good but everything about online just booty and it keeps getting worse.
Is it worse if we play prive online match?

bought the season pass today
that paul outfit is dope though, added a pair of duracell batteries to his alt, now his deathfist comes out twice as fast / powerful lol
bowling is fun, but no online mode?

Tanno

bought the season pass today
that paul outfit is dope though, added a pair of duracell batteries to his alt, now his deathfist comes out twice as fast / powerful lol
bowling is fun, but no online mode?
Outfit? Duracell batteries? Why does it remind me of Duke Nukem?

edit: On the other side of view, I would think of him being a scuba diver.