What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Makes sense. I was a 8 to 10 years kid (or more) when I played this game. Been a while. Now I'm 33. I might haven't noticed him, when I played FF. Used to play Joe Higashi and Terry Bogard.
Damn, we're old lol, and you're 3 years older than me, i used to main Terry or Andy in FF, but my favorite one is FF3, i'm pretty good at beating the ladder there with Terry, used to do it alot in arcades.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Man everyone thinking it was going to be Sol got mad juked. I thought similarly it would be from GG or DBFZ.

I'm confident next guest character will be from either DoA or VF.

Wishful thinking it would be from SC or MK though :(.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Damn, we're old lol, and you're 3 years older than me, i used to main Terry or Andy in FF, but my favorite one is FF3, i'm pretty good at beating the ladder there with Terry, used to do it alot in arcades.
LOL. We should play sometimes, when we get in touch from near. xD

Did you, also, play Samurai Shodown?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
LOL. We should play sometimes, when we get in touch from near. xD

Did you, also, play Samurai Shodown?
Samurai Shodown II is still the best footsie game of all times, and way ahead of its time. Even to Ukyo Tachibana was fucking broken with a 3f mid with little no recovery and lots of active frames out of its ass, but well no game its perfect even today with patches.

Every possible Arcade Fighting game SNK did i played them, you name it, from Karnov's Revenge do Ninja Master's Hao Ninpo Cho.

Tanno

Samurai Shodown II is still the best footsie game of all times, and way ahead of its time. Even to Ukyo Tachibana was fucking broken with a 3f mid with little no recovery and lots of active frames out of its ass, but well no game its perfect even today with patches.

Every possible Arcade Fighting game SNK did i played them, you name it, from Karnov's Revenge do Ninja Master's Hao Ninpo Cho.
Remember this one with Ukyo. As Galford, I had to zone him. As for the rest of the SNK games, I have never played them. There were no such games here in Greece. Only Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Samurai Shodown, and Mace.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Rock Howard? I might have fallen in the times of Fatal Fury 2. After this game I never followed the next games, since I have never heard anything about them since that time.

Now, who's in relationship with Geese and made Rock?
Rock is actually playable and the main guy in Garou: Mark of the Wolf. Terry too with a fan favourite costume. It's a SNK that I've only heard good things about. Messed with a bit on fightcade. Definitely has some fun in it.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
As someone who only plays douchebag characters, I feel like I am obligated to give Geese a try lol :D

The new stage(s?) looked dope. With Armor King gone and Marduk replaced I'd hope they'd put Wolf from VF into the game.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
When someone taunts you and leaves after you beat them 5x in a row and only lost cuz u dropped 2 easy combo to finish, means you made them salty as fuck is great feeling.

Tanno

So far, my concerns are the uppercut attacks and how to move forward the moment I finish a move to keep comboing there. Any tips of how to do them? Noticed the other dudes having no problem doing them.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
So far, my concerns are the uppercut attacks and how to move forward the moment I finish a move to keep comboing there. Any tips of how to do them? Noticed the other dudes having no problem doing them.
What uppercut attacks are you referring to? Mishima electrics? There is plenty of tutorials on how to do them just search "EWGF tutorial" on Youtube. As for the other potential uppercuts you might be referring to, while standing moves come to mind. While standing moves need to be inputted as you are ducking, then letting the directionals go to neutral, then immediately hit your chosen while standing attack. Most characters have a while standing 2 or 1 that's an uppercut launcher that are generally unsafe on block, anywhere from -12 to -18. While standing 4 is generally the go-to punisher for most quick lows that don't do much damage and don't knock down.

Most bread and butter combos can be done without dashing forward. You only need to dash forward after you have used your tailspin/screw attack or when you get a wallsplat. The 1st hit of the combo after the launcher generally needs to do a lot of damage due to how scaling works. To help you time your combos better, use the hit analys/hit detection/hit recovery indicator function in practice mode so you can see the exact moment a move recovers.

Tanno

What uppercut attacks are you referring to? Mishima electrics? There is plenty of tutorials on how to do them just search "EWGF tutorial" on Youtube. As for the other potential uppercuts you might be referring to, while standing moves come to mind. While standing moves need to be inputted as you are ducking, then letting the directionals go to neutral, then immediately hit your chosen while standing attack. Most characters have a while standing 2 or 1 that's an uppercut launcher that are generally unsafe on block, anywhere from -12 to -18. While standing 4 is generally the go-to punisher for most quick lows that don't do much damage and don't knock down.

Most bread and butter combos can be done without dashing forward. You only need to dash forward after you have used your tailspin/screw attack or when you get a wallsplat. The 1st hit of the combo after the launcher generally needs to do a lot of damage due to how scaling works. To help you time your combos better, use the hit analys/hit detection/hit recovery indicator function in practice mode so you can see the exact moment a move recovers.
By uppercuts attacks I mean those that in the Move List refer as "(While rising)". Those are what I'm having a hard time. If those are the "EWGF tutorials" you were referring to, then I'll hit them a look.

As for the rest, I'll look into this option. Will help me out with the recover cancelled into forward dash.

So far, I have worked myself with the juggling combos as Eddy and a bit as Lucky Chloe, not the grounding to down combos.

Tanno

Started to get the timing down. Have done a juggling to the ground end combo. I had to feel when the char recovers back, and then to input the next string.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The while rising term of Soul Calibur is generally referred to as while standing in Tekken because of the other abbreviations. WR means while running and WS means while standing.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is there a Tekken character that receives no hate besides newbies (I know Claudio and Shaheen get hate)? It seems like every character does something that pisses everyone off.

Tanno

Is there a Tekken character that receives no hate besides newbies (I know Claudio and Shaheen get hate)? It seems like every character does something that pisses everyone off.
I have some. Final Devil Jin and that whore, Nina Williams. I always hated, and still hate Nina.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol "no hate" characters? I would probably say-

Bryan
Feng
Gigas
Kazuya
Kuma
Lee
Raven
Yoshi

Whether they're really good or unique, you don't hear as much annoyance against them compared to some of the other characters.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I think hating on characters and discrediting players for winning with certain characters sets you and your growth as a player back. Some part of me will always despise Xiaoyu and Eddy players though. I do still try my best to accept things as they are.