What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
guys help
I've been inactive in this thread (lol)

but wtf do you do against the mishimas?
asking an open ended question here.
Each mishima has its own specialty, you can't deal with them in common.

Since you didn't gave any more data, i may be able to break it down a few things for, you.

a) If you're not used to 3D movement, electrics are going to fuck you up, turning you into a duck, which then opens for 50-50s with safe mid launchers like their ff3 which is usually +3 on block.

a) Mishimas are originally 3 in this game, Heihachi is the offense one, Kazuya the defensive one, while DVJ is the well rounded, there is also a mini version of Mishimas which is Jin, but more about that if needed, if not, just ignore jin.

b) not counting jin, you want to step electrics to their right, its kinda counter intuitive but mishimas electrics track to the their left (except for jin) so this is something to take into account.

c) Smoke of Finland will be able to fill you more in heihachi, he is a character i don't play as much.

d) Kazuya requires a good player behind it, he is more about movement and electric than anything, if he has holes on his offense he dies

e) DVJ is probably the hardest to deal with, he has a sort of hop kick, a comboable low, good mid pokes and everything else.

from now on, its entire up to you, what is giving you trouble?

armani

Noob
Each mishima has its own specialty, you can't deal with them in common.

Since you didn't gave any more data, i may be able to break it down a few things for, you.

a) If you're not used to 3D movement, electrics are going to fuck you up, turning you into a duck, which then opens for 50-50s with safe mid launchers like their ff3 which is usually +3 on block.

a) Mishimas are originally 3 in this game, Heihachi is the offense one, Kazuya the defensive one, while DVJ is the well rounded, there is also a mini version of Mishimas which is Jin, but more about that if needed, if not, just ignore jin.

b) not counting jin, you want to step electrics to their right, its kinda counter intuitive but mishimas electrics track to the their left (except for jin) so this is something to take into account.

c) Smoke of Finland will be able to fill you more in heihachi, he is a character i don't play as much.

d) Kazuya requires a good player behind it, he is more about movement and electric than anything, if he has holes on his offense he dies

e) DVJ is probably the hardest to deal with, he has a sort of hop kick, a comboable low, good mid pokes and everything else.

from now on, its entire up to you, what is giving you trouble?
being a lowkey nina main, I feel like I have movement and basic spacing knowledge down packed, but if I play against a really solid Kaz or Heihachi, I feel like I cant move at all. that's mainly it, the movement aspect. I'm going to do some labbing today to refresh myself on whats punishable/duckable etc.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
My movement starting to come back even with my stick being mush and inputs sticking. I get so many B1,2 with kaz on block when I just want 1,2 or 1,1 at least -14 is not getting launch punished online.

Gonna keep posting shitty vids with shitty music until you cunts start uploading some matches of yourselves so we can help each other out!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
being a lowkey nina main, I feel like I have movement and basic spacing knowledge down packed, but if I play against a really solid Kaz or Heihachi, I feel like I cant move at all. that's mainly it, the movement aspect. I'm going to do some labbing today to refresh myself on whats punishable/duckable etc.
SS left against kaz and you gotta show him your willing to duck (easier said then done) and block punish the HS or he will eat you alive with lows. If you can throw the Kaz and put him on 1p side most Kaz at this lvl are ass at 1p and they will freeze. If you got some specifics while I am pretty dense when it comes to a lot of the finer points I can prob help out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My movement starting to come back even with my stick being mush and inputs sticking. I get so many B1,2 with kaz on block when I just want 1,2 or 1,1 at least -14 is not getting launch punished online.

Gonna keep posting shitty vids with shitty music until you cunts start uploading some matches of yourselves so we can help each other out!
I got bodied everytime i pick Kazuya so i left him out of my mains for a while, currently playing Devil Jin over him.
Will upload some matches this week.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I love DVJ and play him a bunch still but I keep going back to kaz he is too much fun. I would def win more with DJ though his HS into combo is too good if you can hit a wall.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I love DVJ and play him a bunch still but I keep going back to kaz he is too much fun. I would def win more with DJ though his HS into combo is too good if you can hit a wall.
Yeah he has really good pokes, and some really good practical combos.

Your Kazuya is good as well, just watch out for those ws1, 2 those aren't too safe, tho its online so i can't blame you.

The 3rd round you went nuts and showed him what you're capable of, loved it, then you commited some crazy risks until the last round, but really some good games.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yeah he has really good pokes, and some really good practical combos.

Your Kazuya is good as well, just watch out for those ws1, 2 those aren't too safe, tho its online so i can't blame you.

The 3rd round you went nuts and showed him what you're capable of, loved it, then you commited some crazy risks until the last round, but really some good games.
Thanks man! I do have a bad habit of playing risky in match ups I don't know well as I don't want to be locked down by pressure I do not know how to get out of.

On wake up I never mean to do them I am trying to do 1,2 and on low punish I have a super bad habit of trying to punish everything with ws1,2 when I don't know the frames.

This was the first real long set I have had with a decent enough josie player around 20 matches and it helped a bunch but she is def a good character. Her strings are pretty damn damn good with all the lows and mid options.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Paul is legit. Little teeny combos. Big boy damage. It's a shame he only literally has demoman and deathfist. Literally. Look at his move list. Nothing else.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
created a tekken 7 tutorial today, been workin on this guide since 2 weeks

will be doing more tekken 7 tutorials in future
feel free to take a look, if you play Paul
it's not only about deathfist :p
Uuuhhmm... not to be rude and shit on your work but fF2 cancel is a gimmick that will get you blown to kingdom come against anyone who knows how to deal with Paul. You can simply sidestep in either direction after blocking fF2 and all the follow-ups will whiff, resulting in a launch punish. The just frame high will still get blocked even if you tap up or down after blocking the first hit. If you do the cancel the opponent can just sidestep into a safe mid and you are gonna have to block it or you eat a counterhit because the cancels are both worse than -20 on block. On hit there is no real 50/50 either. You can just duck after eating the fF2 because the high and mid are natural combos but the low isn't and the low cancel into hop kick is not a true mix-up either. You can also just risk eating the mid follow up midscreen and just do a mid launcher after blocking fF2 and it'll interrupt the low and punish both of the cancels. Eating the mid extension on CH midscreen is a non-factor because anyone who thinks they are getting "free damage" by hitting someone with it consistently will eventually get sidestepped and launched when it counts.

Using backsway for evasive purposes is also too risky to be used consistently unless you are doing the empty sway after df1. You can generate the same whiffs safely by just backdash cancelling.

In the video you are playing against people who are green ranks or below. Against those players you can do whatever you want as Paul and they'll die in 3 hits because they simply do not know how to play the game, much less know how to defend against or punish him properly. Only real way to use fF2 against people who are experienced is to do the just frame high extension because it's very hard to duck on reaction. When their back is to the wall you can attempt to catch them ducking with the mid.

With that said, Paul is still about knowing what you can get away with as is ranked play in general and just seeing how much your opponent knows, but telling people to play him like this is just asking to be put on blast. Some random hater is going to say the same things on Youtube I have said, but not in a constructive and nice manner.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Paul is legit. Little teeny combos. Big boy damage. It's a shame he only literally has demoman and deathfist. Literally. Look at his move list. Nothing else.
His tools around deathfist have improved a great deal in this game. B1 is the fastest homing move in the game, QCF3 isn't as terrible on block in this game and guarantees you 50 damage on CH, SS3 gives him a grip of damage on CH as well and I'd argue that DF1 and its extensions are the crux of his game.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
His tools around deathfist have improved a great deal in this game. B1 is the fastest homing move in the game, QCF3 isn't as terrible on block in this game and guarantees you 50 damage on CH, SS3 gives him a grip of damage on CH as well and I'd argue that DF1 and its extensions are the crux of his game.
I don't think any of that is right. Go to practice mode snd hit start, then go down to move list, open that. See? Only two moves. It LOOKS like more, but if you look closely it's just demoman and deathfist repeated like 86 times.