What's new

Team Sp00ky wants to know what the MK community wants to see from our streams.

Sabin

Elder God
(crossposting this, cause I really want to know the general consensus)

Sup TYM! Posting here because as you guys probably all know, Team Sp00ky will be streaming MK9 nationals by PDP. Also, since we are streaming a lot of Evo qualifiers, MK9 will be there as well.

But if any of you guys watch us, we obviously have a background in Capcom/other miscellaneous fighters though we pretty much play everything. I'm not gonna front, obviously we don't have a heavy background in MK like you guys, so I'm just posting here because I want to know what the community wants/expects to see from us. It's in our best interest if we represent the community in a proper way even if we are not from said community, though it is a fighting game. I cant promise we can implement every idea, but we'll do our best. And obviously we're going to at least try to get competent in the game - doesnt necessarily have to be top player status, but at least enough to commentate or know what's going on. I don't want to be on the stream and not know what we're talking about, that is one of my pet peeves.

Obviously, the OG's of the MK community are always welcomed on stream, and if youre at a event that we will be at, hit us up - we're always looking for professional commentators. I already knew a few of the OG's on the EC but I would like ideas from everyone, since people will probably be watching on a national level.

We're thinking about doing a MK9 release stream on launch day like we did with other mainstream fighters that came out on launch day (like SSF4, mvc3, etc etc,) so we would really like to know what's up with the pulse of the community. Maybe we can get some OG's in on the action for our house stream as well, I think that would be sick.

Anyway, I hope you guys take the time to read this, and respond, I would really appreciate it. Take care.

- Sabin

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Welcome to TYM, Sabin. As I just posted in RAB's thread I will reply to this tonight when I get off work.

McNasty

Moist.
My main recommendation is just to not show favoritism towards capcom games just like a sports announcer has to be impartial to the two teams, you take us seriously and the community will appreciate it to no end. That said I'd like to personally thank team sp00ky for the streaming of Mk they have previously done if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to see high level umk3 even if it is just finals squeezed in.

RoGE

Noob
Sup Art, do you guys still live in New York? If so, then I am sure you can get plenty of people to come down, theres a lot of MKers around that area.

@McNasty, Team Sp00ky NEVER shows any sort of favoritism, they always stream a variety of things in god like quality.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Welcome to TYM, Sabin.

Man, I can't wait to see the hype you guys'll bring with your MK9 streams. I always enjoy watching Team Spooky streams...moreso than just about anyone else's. :)

Yeah, like I said on the FB thread, people really enjoy watching high level play on the demo. I can't even count how many times I saw people saying on the stream things like "Finally! I've been waiting to see some solid play on this game". It seems like the consensus among the good players is that the demo is indeed a poor representation of the final build and its mechanics, but still an excellent jumping off point to get yourself acclimated to the style of the game.

If you guys could get some OG MK heads in on your sessions I'm sure everyone would love it.

it would be really nice if you guys point out some of the diffents between the game and the demo this is really importate because the demo has some broken elements that we already know will not be in the final build yes there is many people out there who donn't know this and are basing their opinions about mk9 on what they saw in the demo.

Pistol

Noob
Damn, we got Arturo posting up now?

Sup man, I met you at Winter Brawl through Toi yet. I was the 6'5" white boy in the red hat.

I'm no OG, but if you guys had nobody else, I'd do some commentary, lol.

That being said, yo, you can be very competitive at this game, if you played it on the side. Give it a fair shake.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Welcome to TYM Mr. Arturo Sabin Sanchez! All I ask is that MK9 is shown the same amount of respect as the other games Sp00ky streams.

Day 1 stream would be nice. As said, there's a lot of OG MK guys in the North East, so you're bound to round up at least a few.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sup Art. Thanks for signing up here. :coffee:

Really wish i could get to the MK9 PDP tourney but i cant afford Vegas twice this year, and of course, the week i reg for Evo and book hotel is the week before the PDP tourney is announced lol. Let me know of anything more i can do to help tho. :)

Sabin

Elder God
Welcome to TYM, Sabin. As I just posted in RAB's thread I will reply to this tonight when I get off work.
Thanks sir and looking forward to your reply. Again thanks for the warm welcome.

McNasty: Not sure if you watched one of our streams in the past. But actually, we do stream a variety of stuff from different companies, not only Capcom games. We all have backgrounds in different games, not only capcom. Spooky himself comes from Melty Blood and has love for every fighting game under the sun basically. Too bad you never saw one of our random/poverty gaming streaming nights haha. Obviously I'm coming to you guys asking what is kosher and what isnt, so I'm not goign to do anything to take a dump on the community.

RoGE: Yeah, we do live in NY. Obviously we want to get LI Joe in there on the stream. Shock and his crew are welcomed as well as the rest of LI so I hope we can set something up locally. I'm not sure how the local NY scene for MK9 will be, we will have to see in the coming months.

Krazyie_Bone: Thanks, much love. I know you were at NEC and what not and I always see you on the Rose forum lol. I'm sure I'll meet you sometime in the future.

Riu48: Yeah, from talking to the MK guys at NEC/winter brawl they said the demo was completely different from the final build. But you're right, not everyone knows that. I'd love to talk about the gameplay differences between demo/final version myself of course.

Pistol: hahah did I meet you with Jake? Nice to meet you! Toi_Yet is the man lol. We'll definitely give the game a fair shake - like i said if anything we have NerdJosh and he plays every game under the sun literally haha

Noob
Arturo, welcome to TYM. This is Phil(short guy who runs the MK tournaments...LOL) Anyway, if your number hasn't changed since Season's Beatings, then I still have it.

I'll give you a call about some stuff later on.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Thanks sir and looking forward to your reply. Again thanks for the warm welcome.

McNasty: Not sure if you watched one of our streams in the past. But actually, we do stream a variety of stuff from different companies, not only Capcom games. We all have backgrounds in different games, not only capcom. Spooky himself comes from Melty Blood and has love for every fighting game under the sun basically. Too bad you never saw one of our random/poverty gaming streaming nights haha. Obviously I'm coming to you guys asking what is kosher and what isnt, so I'm not goign to do anything to take a dump on the community.

RoGE: Yeah, we do live in NY. Obviously we want to get LI Joe in there on the stream. Shock and his crew are welcomed as well as the rest of LI so I hope we can set something up locally. I'm not sure how the local NY scene for MK9 will be, we will have to see in the coming months.

Krazyie_Bone: Thanks, much love. I know you were at NEC and what not and I always see you on the Rose forum lol. I'm sure I'll meet you sometime in the future.

Riu48: Yeah, from talking to the MK guys at NEC/winter brawl they said the demo was completely different from the final build. But you're right, not everyone knows that. I'd love to talk about the gameplay differences between demo/final version myself of course.

Pistol: hahah did I meet you with Jake? Nice to meet you! Toi_Yet is the man lol. We'll definitely give the game a fair shake - like i said if anything we have NerdJosh and he plays every game under the sun literally haha
haha, Yeah.

I was actually at Winter Brawl, and I'll be at Power Up, along with all the other East Coast and West Coast MK9 Majors this year.

So definitely looking forward to meeting up.

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
HEY ARTURO!!! Welcome to TYM, good to see MK finally being included with the big boys. Spooky's stream is pro, you guys always do a good job so im not worried about it at all. This is the place to be for everything MK so come back often with whatever you need. Peace

AC1984

Kaballin!
Omg, welcome to TYM Arturo(aka SSF4 god) and thank you so much for being such a great support. Personally I don't really have complaints or suggestions for improvements when it comes to team Sp00ky. Every time they got involved with MK or other fighters things were nice and smooth. All I can say, welcome aboard and I hope all MK maniacs give you something good and solid to stream.

P.S. Maybe a little thing that bothers me from time to time is how MK has less appearance in tourney trailers but I know that's not your fault.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
Good sh8t for the Spooky team to get in on that MK, (I loved when yall stream that UMK ways back loved Joes Smoke.) As long as I see the spooky team treat MK in the same sense as MvC3, SSF4, with all the hype, money matches, grudge matches, drama, & keepin it real, Im wit it, which Im sure you catz will do. Get some OG in ya crib to do a day one stream like yall did with SSF4 would be G, and just take it from there fam. As for the commentary, Im sure the OG's will get at it if willing and spooky and co won't be that behind on it because its a bran new game, not to mention a scene rebirth/evolution or what have you.

DrDogg

Noob
TS does a pretty good job with streams. A few minor gripes I have had with previous TS streams.

- A window pops up that shouldn't be seen. This usually happens when Spooky is adjusting something, or setting up the info for the next match. You'll see part of another window appear on the screen. I don't see this very often with other streams, so it may be a wirecast thing, not sure.

- Stream in the proper aspect ratio. At Winter Brawl, I believe SSF4 was being played on SD televisions with a 4:3 aspect ratio. But when Sppoky streamed the matches, he stretched the image to a 16:9 aspect ratio. I'd rather see a lower quality stream at the proper aspect ratio instead of Spooky's decision to stream at 16:9 despite the source signal.

Specifically concerning the PDP tournament:
- I'd like to hear your unbiased thoughts on the tournament while you're there. I assume you guys are getting paid, and maybe you can't say certain things because of this, but there's been a significant amount of controversy over the rules of the tournament. I'd really like to see some honest commentary on the differences between the PDP tournament and a normal tournament. I think a lot of people will be tuning in that are first time streamers, and I think they should hear the truth that the PDP tournament is not a complete representation of normal MK tournaments.

- Maybe a comparison between the PDP event and Evo? At the very least, some mention of Evo. As I said, I think a lot of newcomers will be tuning in to watch the PDP tournament. Obviously, if they're tuning in, they won't be in attendance. It would be great to take whatever hype they get from watching PDP and use it to motivate them to possibly attend Evo 2 months later.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just want to see a good stream preferably without lag and good announcing :) Maybe some post match short interviews? Kind of like how they do in MLB after the HR derby, after a guy has batted. Well, for this they could do something maybe after each match? I don't know....just trying to think of neat ideas.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sabin/Team Sp00ky... first off, thank you for choosing TYM and welcome. :) It's an honor and it also brings a good feeling when we have such reputable names register on this site and for a reason. We put a lot of work in to TYM, and forward from that... the community. Sharing a few things in common with you guys as far as attending tournaments, doing your absolute best to keep the community informed as well as up-to-date with news and information. You don't just get a name for yourself... you earn it.

As far as the streams go... I would have to say that I would love to see one of the top players who is also very good with public speaking as well as technical talk... should sit along side you guys as a guest announcer. Two names that come to me immediately with this are users Tom Brady and Shock. Both of these guys are no strangers to the FGC nor MK obviously and know their information and have also contributed in writting several game guides in which we use in our top links.

Secondly, I think we also realize that MK isn't overall communities favorite game, but I also believe that Mortal Kombat 9 will prove to turn heads and shut some mouths fingers krossed*... with that said and also I believe DrDogg may have mentioned something of this as well, but the "commercial" parts of the stream... maybe once some solid high-level gameplay gets captured you guys could incorporate that in to the mix. It just seems like MK gets what's left over sometimes.

Also, perhaps some kind of conference call with a few fellow TYM members and Team Sp00ky is in order to really communicate ideas/suggestions for this event.

That's all I have for now, but as ideas come to mind I'll be sure to communicate them.

Again, thank you and it's an honor, Arturo.

JagoMIH

Noob

sorry...had to do it. lol

welcome to tym sabin. i have heard of you before, i know you're a great sf4 player. i have seen matches before of you on youtube, i'm glad team sp00ky takes an interest in supporting mk9. my only complaint when i watch streams is they are a bit too laggy. i know that may be tough to fix, because there always a lot of people watching, but the more powerful the machine running the stream, the better. :eek:

Welcome to TYM. This is great to hear! I can't wait to see these streams.

At first I wasn't sure how big MK9 would be, but to have it at EVO and have it on a team Sp00ky release day stream is just fantastic.
Their isn't anything special I would wanna see, just team sp00ky doing what they do best:)

I doubt I would get in on the action and embarrass myself lol.

Pistol

Noob
As far as the streams go... I would have to say that I would love to see one of the top players who is also very good with public speaking as well as technical talk... should sit along side you guys as a guest announcer. Two names that come to me immediately with this are users Tom Brady and Shock.
I agree 100%.

I think they would make great analytical commentary if you guys put them on. I definitely want to hear some Tom Brady on the mic breaking down the match-ups, if I'm stuck at home watching on stream.

DrDogg

Noob
Brady would definitely be the best commentator at the moment. And given the fact that he can't compete in the main PDP tournament, he'd be perfect for that event.