What's new

Team Sp00ky wants to know what the MK community wants to see from our streams.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Brady would definitely be the best commentator at the moment. And given the fact that he can't compete in the main PDP tournament, he'd be perfect for that event.
Agreed.

Looking forward to this. Being a Melty player myself, I always loved the Melty/Donjon streams Sp00ky ran. Now they stand to run another game I'm looking to invest my time in, and it's sweet.

Neclord

Noob
Final Fantasy 6 is the best game ever made!
Sorry I had to say it. :D

Welcome Sabin.
Looking forward to some nice streams. :D

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Final Fantasy 6 is the best game ever made
Sorry I had to say it. :D

Welcome Sabin.
Looking forward to some nice streams. :D
In your opinion lol.

Anyways, Welcome Sabin. All I want to see is some stream of this on Team Sp00ky and your thoughts on the game as well.

Tim Static

Adminerator
So all of you who watched PowerUp 2011's MK9 stream last week, keep your comments and ideas to make it even better next time.

Thanks again to Spooks and Art for a GREAT weekend!!

Tom Brady is an awesome dude and a outstanding MK player and his MK knowledge is unmatched but he sound so bored when he commentate about MK9, I think it would be better someone maybe with lesser knowledge but more used to the commentating scene, for example, Aris make all sound so awesome and entertaining.

If Tom is gonna be a guess commentator he NEED to put more energy into it, even if he have seen the same combo one million times or players drop a combo over and over he need to make the viewers feel the tension, the pressure, the awesomeness.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I really enjoy doing commentary and I would love to do some more.

This is something I'm somewhat new at, but I would definitely like to seriously pursue this in the future.

Sabin

Elder God
I agree with Aris being a guest commentator, he is one of the best in the scene at commentating period because of his humor and how raw/real he is.

As far as Tom goes, yeah sure he does sound bored as hell but at the same time, due to his knowledge noone can call matchups like he can in the game right now.

But anyway yeah of course if u have suggestions or ideas for future stream or any gripse or concerns then yeah feel free to post here, I'll check from time to time.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As long as Tom has the right person to partner with like, you, Sabin or MarkMan... those two did a great job. Tim and Tom were also "Win."

Sabin

Elder God
im not gonna be at pdp but i believe adam hernandez is gonna be a paid commentator by pdp even tho were streaming it.
therell be a lot of external factors out of our control but...dreamtr is running the event and he has a history of running good tourneys that end on time, despire the limitations.

Just letting ppl know since its not a community tourney there are a lot of factors out of our control that ppl might not be aware of.
The only thing that Spooky has under his control is the actual stream setup and station, rest assured it will be as lagless and as painless as can be and well try to give u the bset possible representation like we did at powerup.

STORMS: thank u for being so welcoming to Team Sp00ky and promoting us so much on tym front page. honestly the reaction from u guys has been quite welcoming and unreal. i look forward to meeting u and the rest of the MK illuminati (lol) at a future event, maybe ECT3? I really like what u guys did with MK roundtable discussion at past Big Eric events. I'd love to be involved in one in the future if possible.

Hope we can keep doing right by you guys cause if you guys are happy, then it helps us too in a bunch of obvious and not so obvious ways. Makes it easy too since TS actually enjoys MK9!

im not gonna be at pdp but i believe adam hernandez is gonna be a paid commentator by pdp even tho were streaming it.
therell be a lot of external factors out of our control but...dreamtr is running the event and he has a history of running good tourneys that end on time, despire the limitations.

Just letting ppl know since its not a community tourney there are a lot of factors out of our control that ppl might not be aware of.
The only thing that Spooky has under his control is the actual stream setup and station, rest assured it will be as lagless and as painless as can be and well try to give u the bset possible representation like we did at powerup.

STORMS: thank u for being so welcoming to Team Sp00ky and promoting us so much on our front page. honestly the reaction from u guys has been quite welcoming and unreal. i look forward to meeting u and the rest of the MK illuminati (lol) at a future event, maybe ECT3? I really like what u guys did with MK roundtable discussion at past Big Eric events. I'd love to be involved in one in the future if possible.

Hope we can keep doing right by you guys cause if you guys are happy, then it helps us too in a bunch of obvious and not so obvious ways. Makes it easy too since TS actually enjoys MK9!
Wait, is there any other commentator beside Adam Hernandez? and does Team Sp00ky have any say on any additional commentators?

Sabin

Elder God
As far as I know he is being paid to commentate. I haven't heard about any other commentators.
I'm sure Sp00ky will try to wing it when he gets there but keep in mind that this is more of a corporate event than community event, so PDP pulls the shots and its really their call on everything, what we can do is limited.

DrDogg

Noob
I haven't had anything positive to say about the PDP tournament other than Team Sp00ky streaming it, but I very much dislike the decision to pay Hernandez to commentate. I will reserve final judgment based on how well he commentates and if anyone else gets paid, but right now I find this to be extremely unsatisfactory. Hopefully I'm proven wrong in a few days.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
If you guys need to tag someone in for commentary. I'll do it. FOR FRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Like Earth Realm.

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
More Team Freeturo so I can hear the mad beats of "Chomp, Chomp, Hiss" all day long. In all seriousness, what teamsp00ky does with their content is already great.

By the way, who is going to commentate the MK matches? Arturo and Spooky?

What's up Sabin. Always love watching team spooky stream and I'm glad to see you guys want to do your best to cover the PDP tournament. It's also nice to see some respected SF players jump in on MK. :)

So far you guys have done well so I can't really complain. I would just say like others before me that having a top MK player like Tom Brady comment on the matches would be ideal.

Sabin

Elder God
Yeah I mean, I have no idea how it's going to turn out, but I hope for the best. I will say within the constraints of what PDP wants to do they have been extremely open in listening to suggestions from us. DreamTR has been a big help as well and everyone knows him as a seasoned tournament organizer. I know people don't on this site are not necessarily optimistic about the event in general and I've read everyone's gripes, but we are tryign to do the best we can given the limitations we have to work with.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/5/12/pdp-gaming-mortal-kombat-9-nationals-this-weekend-may-14-15.html

Samsung: Adam Hernandez is commentating. I'm not sure who else will be since I won't be there. We'll have to see on the day of the event but given it's a corporate event we can't just do what we want without writeoffs from PDP, I hope ppl understand this.