What's new

Team Impact Behavior at CoD Event

CRUM

Noob
I follow competitive COD more than I do the FGC. I watch Parasite's stream frequently and am familiarized with just about every professional team. Honestly, they pop off more because the games i.m.o are more competitive. The community is much larger making it more difficult to make a name for yourself. The mechanics of a team match in COD at the highest level are more in depth than most if not all fighting games. Additionally, the fact that it's team oriented makes it somewhat reminiscent of professional sports. Simply put winning is more difficult, more rewarding and therefore warranting a bigger pop-off. I've played COD for quite a bit, I played Injustice and Mk9 as well. Also, don't kid yourself. Haggy (parasite) doesn't pop-off off like this on stream. Stream scrims are the fgc equivalent of casuals, they're rarely taken seriously.
I've not only witnessed him pop off on stream, but I've also witnessed him get into ridiculous arguments with his teammates on more than one occasion. Watching Parasite's stream is night and day compared to an Optic stream. I'm not an optic fanboy or anything, but Optic have a huge following because they are personable players, they interact with viewers and it makes them likable. I do agree that it takes a long time to get noticed, but I don't think it's as difficult as it's made out to be. A lot of COD players have this entitlement that they are superior beings compared to the rest of the gamers. When in reality, there are probably thousands of players who could be pro, and quite possibly better than them. The difference being that it's hard to find a team that doesn't argue or give up.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/13/call-of-duty-red-orchestra-2-interview/

"Almost every element boiled down to 'it doesn’t feel like Call of Duty.' And really, watching some of these guys play… one of the things that Call of Duty does, and it’s smart business, to a degree, is they compress the skill gap. And the way you compress the skill gap as a designer is you add a whole bunch of randomness. A whole bunch of weaponry that doesn’t require any skill to get kills. Random spawns, massive cone fire on your weapons. Lots of devices that can get kills with zero skill at all..."

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
That was pretty decent as far as popoffs. FGC still has 'em beat though. At 5 minutes 5 seconds and 5 minutes 50 seconds...

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
"I SEEN IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOO I'M IN YOUR HEAD BOI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" - Killa 2013

This is pretty much every community's online scene. I respect that.

wee tee

Noob
My coach has always taught us that if you want to shut them up, you have to beat them. If you dont stop them from trash talking, they will keep doing it. That is the way the world works.
And by beat them he meant show 'em your superiority and use your skill as a classy player to win and not punsh them in the face till they shuttup (although I'd like to at times), I guess. Otherwise I refer to the good ol' quote "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to your level then beat you with experience."

Also, mind I wouldn't rule out some little trash talk here and there in general, but as always it has to be something orginial that really mind****s your opponent. Screaming until I'm deaf is not part of that.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Call of Duty is whack. Only reason why people still play that awful series is because they have yet to play Battlefield. Battlefield 3, for instance, shits all over every CoD title and I would know because I have played them all. I couldn't even imagine myself playing another CoD title ever again because of it's lack of teamwork, destructible environments, massive & gorgeous maps, classes and vehicles.

Competitive BF3 (PC & consoles) is far superior and entertaining..not an opinion but a fact. Especially Squad Rush Hardcore No HUD. The most realistic and intense 4v4 FPS matches ever. CoD events just have more viewers because every retard under a bridge likes the game. I feel sorry for them. They need to find the God of FPS.. BATTLEFIELD! BITCHES!
I know it's not the point of the topic to argue about cod and bf so sorry but everytime someones mentions how godlike the bf is I have an incredible urge to tell them it's just as bad as the other game and the last really good competitive fps was Quake 3.