What's new

Team Impact Behavior at CoD Event

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Imo this has nothing to do with CoD and everything to do with how people are in general these days. Youtube comments, XBL messages, stream monsters, it doesn't matter; it's just a reflection of our society and how little respect people have for each other nowdays.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol at anyone thinks this behavior is normal or acceptable. Whats wrong with you people?....
That left kid should do some anger management
or visit an excorcist... Seems like hes possesed by the devil the way he does. I would be very uncomfortable with a devil face screaming his lungs out next to me...
Acceptable? Not a chance.

Normal for competitive sports? Yep.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
But they don't consistently, it's usually when there's talking to the refs directly and not so much the players jawing at each other.
Fair enough, they really are not consistent with it. Before this decade the on court beef that KD and Bosh had here would have gone unnoticed.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'd like to see a poll of how many people in competitive video games grew up playing competitive physical team sports. That's were a lot of my competitive work ethic and sense of sportsmanship came from.

Also to those of you claiming that it's "normal" for competitive sports to not penalize blatant unsportsmanlike behavior (which implies that the "normal baseline standard" is of 100% acceptance), let me put it this way.

Have you ever gotten away with running a red light either by accident or not coming to a "full stop on red" before turning right? If you did get away with it, does it make it legal? Of course not. Does it make it "normal" to ignore red lights? This debate is dumb.

187x

Noob
Lol at anyone thinks this behavior is normal or acceptable. Whats wrong with you people?....
That left kid should do some anger management
or visit an excorcist... Seems like hes possesed by the devil the way he does. I would be very uncomfortable with a devil face screaming his lungs out next to me...
you're acting like you never seen this before lol you live in the woods bro?

Why is Call of Duty in e-sports?

Let's look at it this way: The Avengers was the biggest blockbuster for Hollywood. It grossed over $200 million its opening weekend, beating every other opening weekend by a lot, even Harry Potter and all the other blockbusters you can think of. Comapre that to this: One of the Call of Duty games grossed over $400 million in the first 24 hours. Think about half a billion dollars in 24 hours. That's a staggering amount of money.

Call of Duty isn't just one of the biggest video game franchises of all time, it is one of the biggest *entertainment* franchises of all time. Of course it should be in e-sports, even if some of the top teams are obnoxious, the game itself is immensely popular.

187x

Noob
Did i say that bro? I just dont think its normal/acceptable. Maybe you rednecks think it is
i ready said i don't support this act and is not acceptable, but things like this happen. Its not new you make it seem like you never seen shit like this lol. And the thing i hate about the video the most was them calling hastro out. Hastro supported the cod community since forever and is one of the reasons why the cod community is as big as it is today. Shit like this happens everytime. And for your information I'm not white how can i be a redneck! if i was ill rather be a redneck then a p**** who goes on the internet saying "these kids need help" really just stfu bro

i seen some wheel chair kid get punched in the face at a MLG event. Now thats way different then shouting/arguing that you see almost everyday

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
i ready said i don't support this act and is not acceptable, but things like this happen. Its not new. And the thing i hate about the video the most was them calling hastro out. Hastro supported the cod community since forever and is one of the reasons why the cod community is as big as it is today. Shit like this happens everytime. And for your information I'm not white how can i be a redneck! if i was ill rather be a redneck then a p**** who goes on the internet saying "these kids need help" really just stfu

i seen some wheel chair kid get punched in the face at a MLG event. now thats way different then shouting/arguing
So you agree its not acceptable. Whats the point your trying to make here? Its not acceptable but hey, its been like this for ages so yeh shit happens. Lol

187x

Noob
So you agree its not acceptable. Whats the point your trying to make here? Its not acceptable but hey, its been like this for ages so yeh shit happens. Lol
did you read? its not acceptable but these things happen in human life. You make it seem like you never seen stuff like this before lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
did you read? its not acceptable but these things happen in human life. You make it seem like you never seen stuff like this before lol
Obviously ive seen it before, but not on a rage level like that first guy. I mean his teammembers talked shit too, fine, but that guy at the start? Thats not shittalking, thats pure hate and disrespect. I think if you gave him a knife he would start cutting himself and rub his blood on his face like a maniac.

CRUM

Noob
Why is Call of Duty in e-sports?

Let's look at it this way: The Avengers was the biggest blockbuster for Hollywood. It grossed over $200 million its opening weekend, beating every other opening weekend by a lot, even Harry Potter and all the other blockbusters you can think of. Comapre that to this: One of the Call of Duty games grossed over $400 million in the first 24 hours. Think about half a billion dollars in 24 hours. That's a staggering amount of money.

Call of Duty isn't just one of the biggest video game franchises of all time, it is one of the biggest *entertainment* franchises of all time. Of course it should be in e-sports, even if some of the top teams are obnoxious, the game itself is immensely popular.
I think we've all come to agree that the I should've titled the thread differently. Carry on.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Obviously ive seen it before, but not on a rage level like that first guy. I mean his teammembers talked shit too, fine, but that guy at the start? Thats not shittalking, thats pure hate and disrespect. I think if you gave him a knife he would start cutting himself and rub his blood on his face like a maniac.
That's how they pre-game. Vidya games is serious business. E-SPORTS!!!!

there talking shit mid game if you ask me and there former teammate is on the other team who left them for that team so i would talk shit too. but they are just talking crap its a video game there cool with eachother theres no disrespect. This is the equivalent of a pop off in the FGC IMO. I was watching it live and nothing happened

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I follow competitive COD more than I do the FGC. I watch Parasite's stream frequently and am familiarized with just about every professional team. Honestly, they pop off more because the games i.m.o are more competitive. The community is much larger making it more difficult to make a name for yourself. The mechanics of a team match in COD at the highest level are more in depth than most if not all fighting games. Additionally, the fact that it's team oriented makes it somewhat reminiscent of professional sports. Simply put winning is more difficult, more rewarding and therefore warranting a bigger pop-off. I've played COD for quite a bit, I played Injustice and Mk9 as well. Also, don't kid yourself. Haggy (parasite) doesn't pop-off off like this on stream. Stream scrims are the fgc equivalent of casuals, they're rarely taken seriously.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'd like to see a poll of how many people in competitive video games grew up playing competitive physical team sports. That's were a lot of my competitive work ethic and sense of sportsmanship came from.

Also to those of you claiming that it's "normal" for competitive sports to not penalize blatant unsportsmanlike behavior (which implies that the "normal baseline standard" is of 100% acceptance), let me put it this way.

Have you ever gotten away with running a red light either by accident or not coming to a "full stop on red" before turning right? If you did get away with it, does it make it legal? Of course not. Does it make it "normal" to ignore red lights? This debate is dumb.
I travel around playing in basketball tournaments and see this all the time. Especially with point guards, guess they are over-compensating for their height, idk.

My coach has always taught us that if you want to shut them up, you have to beat them. If you dont stop them from trash talking, they will keep doing it. That is the way the world works.