What's new

Team Impact Behavior at CoD Event

CRUM

Noob
I'm sure that most of you are unfamiliar with competitive Call of Duty, but I don't think you need to be in order to give me your opinion about the sort of behavior that goes on at these Call of Duty events. In addition to fighting games, I follow the competitive Call of Duty scene more casually than anything else, but I'm familiar with a lot of players and teams. The team that is hated by the majority is Team Epsilon (formerly know as Fariko Impact and Team Impact), these guys have now become infamous for their immature behavior at events. Finally, this behavior was captured on tape in a six minute video that disgusted me right up until the end. I watch Parasite's (kid on the far left) stream often, and he acts this way when he's at home by himself scrimming against other teams.

I would like to get TYM's opinion on behavior like what you see in the video. To me, this make Alucard's pop off on Tom Brady look like it was complimentary. Most of the trash talk isn't even humorous. These guys make complete fools of themselves, all whilst knowing that 90% of the people in the room just want them to lose. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly okay with trash talking to a certain point. But what I see here is completely obnoxious, and this is one of the reasons why I can't believe this stuff is tolerated. By the way, I know Call of Duty is e-sports because it has a huge casual following, and the developers put a lot of time and effort into making sure that these games are tournament-playable.

The video will be linked below, please give some thoughts on what is seen in the video:

Jestan

Boulevard Combatant
By the way, I know Call of Duty is e-sports because it has a huge casual following, and the developers put a lot of time and effort into making sure that these games are tournament-playable.

developers put a lot of time and effort into making sure that these games are tournament-playable

put a lot of time and effort

time and effort

Sorry but CoD hasn't had any sort of developer effort since the days of CoD4.
However, I do believe competitive Call of Duty could be entertaining to watch if it wasn't for guys like those. That was just sad, but pretty much every single CoD player behaves like that in casual games anyway.

Sami

Noob
Why is Call of Duty e-Sports?
I know Call of Duty is e-sports
So your post actually has nothing to do with Call of Duty being an e-Sport per say, and more about why tourneys allow sponsors back players/teams that act like XBox Live social retards? Because a lot of the audience are XBox Live social retards (disclaimer: I know this also applies to other communities as well - LoL being a prime example).

The tourneys don't have the balls to take a stand against it and the sponsors don't give a fuck providing their brands are being shown (if they did care, you won't see them on the t-shirts). The only time this will stop is if the other players and the viewers kick up enough fuss.

Until then, enjoy your professional autism.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Call of Duty is not what it used to be. I always preferred games like CS and DOD but the old COD's > the new ones. The guns don't even have recoil and the game practically doesn't have footsteps. Honestly it's one of the scrubbiest FPS games I've ever played TBH. I guess the entire style of the game changed but still I just think it's a bad competitive game.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Couldn't finish vid. Obviously this guy is full-blown retarded but what's even more sad is that no tourney officials or judges told him to shut the fuck up or get penalized somehow. People can get competitive over skipping rocks so it doesn't surprise me when I see stuff like this. However, if it's an organized competitive event then there should be a standard of conduct that's enforced. If this was a professional sport league the player/competitor would've been penalized. If this was some guys house then the player/competitor would've gotten knocked the fuck out or kicked the fuck out. Playing something at a competitive level does not absolve someone from acting with common human fucking decency.

serge

Noob
Call of Duty is not what it used to be. I always preferred games like CS and DOD but the old COD's > the new ones. The guns don't even have recoil and the game practically doesn't have footsteps. Honestly it's one of the scrubbiest FPS games I've ever played TBH. I guess the entire style of the game changed but still I just think it's a bad competitive game.
Agree 100% with CoD being the scrubbiest FPS of all time by a huge gap.

About the video:
If at any point in my life I become anything close to these guys, please murder me in a brutal fashion.

CRUM

Noob
So your post actually has nothing to do with Call of Duty being an e-Sport per say, and more about why tourneys allow sponsors back players/teams that act like XBox Live social retards? Because a lot of the audience are XBox Live social retards (disclaimer: I know this also applies to other communities as well - LoL being a prime example).

The tourneys don't have the balls to take a stand against it and the sponsors don't give a fuck providing their brands are being shown (if they did care, you won't see them on the t-shirts). The only time this will stop is if the other players and the viewers kick up enough fuss.

Until then, enjoy your professional autism.
I guess you're right in a sense. The thread should be more about trash talk. However to me, this level of trash talk only appears in Call of Duty. It's some sort of mentality that the COD players have. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into fights with kids who say that I'm bad, when I'm doing better than them. There's the logic of a COD player, you're bad no matter how much you win or how well you perform. The fact that these kids are sponsored by a reputable organization like Epsilon is what baffles me the most. There is no level of respect during competitive COD matches. It's just, 'YOU'RE BAD I MAKE MORE MONEY".

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
You mean if gaming was pro or if this scenario happened in a pro sport now? Because this happens all the time in sporting events.
It happens but there's unsportsmanlike conduct in-game penalties, ejection, monetary fines, etc. to regulate that sort of continuously belligerent behavior. You can't just flip out on someone like that during a match the way that team did, for as long as that team did, without having some sort of penalty or at least a warning from an official.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It happens but there's unsportsmanlike conduct in-game penalties, ejection, monetary fines, etc. to regulate that sort of continuously belligerent behavior. You can't just flip out on someone like that during a match the way that team did, for as long as that team did, without having some sort of penalty or at least a warning from an official.

If it's continuous? Sure but it's usually based off taunting (physical) and stuff like that. People will run someone outta bounds in Football and say "You better run your ass out, you don't want this" in range of mics. People have said "Better fucking stay down" and "that's bullshit" in front of refs and with broadcast mics picking them up.

Then there's people like Kevin Garnett who said to an opponent with Alapesha that he "looks like a Cancer patient" and nothing came of it but a bit of coverage. It happens ALL the time, trash talk is rampant in pro sports.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
This is kids stuff you should watch the Halo pros in MLG 10 years ago. Man those days were great, I think some of the videos are still on youtube "Halo MLG Trashtalk" or something similar.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
If it's continuous? Sure but it's usually based off taunting (physical) and stuff like that. People will run someone outta bounds in Football and say "You better run your ass out, you don't want this" in range of mics. People have said "Better fucking stay down" and "that's bullshit" in front of refs and with broadcast mics picking them up.

Then there's people like Kevin Garnett who said to an opponent with Alapesha that he "looks like a Cancer patient" and nothing came of it but a bit of coverage. It happens ALL the time, trash talk is rampant in pro sports.
I realize "continuous and belligerent" are subjective terms but I'm saying there's a hard rule in professional sports that penalizes "excessive unsportsmanlinke conduct". Especially something as high-profile as what happened in the video. Yeah trash talk happens in professional sports but if you go over to the other teams sideline and scream insults you're getting penalized. What happened on this stage is, in my opinion, excessive and belligerent and should've been dealt with by a judge.

Yeah it does.
There's a difference between trash talking between players and a "pro" player talking trash to the fans. I'm sorry, but I don't seen Lebron put the ball down in the middle of the court and walk over to a fan who's cheering for the other team and talk trash to them and start screaming "Look at my bank account!".

That is pitiful. Utterly, pathetic.