What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I would not be opposed to seeing something like this again. Plus it's gray, fits in with the lack of color in the game. :p

Also, I've really warmed up to the purple. It would be cool if she had a purple and black costume again, I think.

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
I don't care what you people say. Tanya Should be dark skinned like she was in MK4 and MKD.
Bro why does the color of her skin matter? Not having enough dark skin representation should not be the main focus of this character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zev

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Tanya in MKX, at first, looks like kinda "egyptian" inspiration based design, what it's cool ! Always wanted this character as one of DLCs options back in MK9 .... so, pretty nice she is coming to MKX instead.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's all Edinian to me
Seriously.

Edenians have extremely varying skin tones, so she could be portrayed as anywhere from ebony to ivory and it wouldn't go against their race.

I've always hated people calling Sindel white or Jade black.

That's like calling a Japanese person white. Sure their skin isn't dark but they aren't of European decent.

Sure Jade's skin is dark, but she isn't of African decent.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I like Tanya and her yellow and tanned skin look. She had a cool sorta Egyptian feel to her design...that said this one has NRS face syndrome though. That plus Kitana/Mileena's proportions and Cassie's neck just have me shaking my head. This is basic stuff man. I'm by no means the best 3d modeler but this isn't that hard for folks to avoid. I just don't see how someone as big as NRS keeps making proportion errors this bad and often on their female characters.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
TANYA SQUAD

It would be cool if she had moves based on "blowing kisses". Fire, poison, etc.

A fatality could be of her kissing her opponent and their face disintegrates and then their stomach explodes and then FATALITY pops up on the screen while they writhe in pain in a slow, agonizing death. :rolleyes:

I like Tanya and her yellow and tanned skin look. She had a cool sorta Egyptian feel to her design...that said this one has NRS face syndrome though. That plus Kitana/Mileena's proportions and Cassie's neck just have me shaking my head. This is basic stuff man. I'm by no means the best 3d modeler but this isn't that hard for folks to avoid. I just don't see how someone as big as NRS keeps making proportion errors this bad and often on their female characters.
Tayna skin is not tanned, it's brown. Words are important when talking about race. White racism is no game people die everyday over this.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Tayna skin is not tanned, it's brown. Words are important when talking about race. White racism is no game people die everyday over this.
Cut this leftist crap out, its a videogame thread not some cesspool of sjw nonsense. Im tired of this continued race crap. Its the lighting in the trailer so can everybody please stfu about her skin

"Tayna skin is not tanned, it's brown. Words are important when talking about race. White racism is no game people die everyday over this."

You saying that only white racism is "not a game" is racist, people calling tanya "tanned" isnt.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a characters aesthetic look, I personally want her to look how she used to, if you don't thats okay. I think this game could use some racial diversity and with jade dead and jackylin briggs being the dumbest idea since mokap, I wanted tanya to be darker.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
"Tayna skin is not tanned, it's brown. Words are important when talking about race. White racism is no game people die everyday over this."

You saying that only white racism is "not a game" is racist, people calling tanya "tanned" isnt.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a characters aesthetic look, I personally want her to look how she used to, if you don't thats okay. I think this game could use some racial diversity and with jade dead and jackylin briggs being the dumbest idea since mokap, I wanted tanya to be darker.
Her race is Edenian, Just like D'Vorah's race is Kytinn, Just like Jacqui's race is Black.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Look I never played any games that had Tanya and all I know about her is from clips of old matches from other games. I got no idea what ethnicity she is. I just dig her skin tone and color scheme and how well they work together. Its good color theory and character design and as an art dude I dig it...thats all I'm saying so don't try to claim I'm white washing here when I called her tan when all I'm saying is she's a good design with her color theory.

Well ...I'm saying that and they did a crappy job on her face. :(

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
wow..
It's disappointing that we finally got such a cool character back yet instead of people being hype that the neck snapping coochie warrior is back it's 9 pages of people arguing if she's black or not.. y'all need to be chill.

From the looks of it they didn't even want to show the DLC characters, they were pretty much forced to thanks to the predator leak eventhough some of them are in super early stages... so let's just speculate gameplay stuff and whatnot instead of this dumbass argument that's based on human races when she's EDENIAN ~__~

wow..
It's disappointing that we finally got such a cool character back yet instead of people being hype that the neck snapping coochie warrior is back it's 9 pages of people arguing if she's black or not.. y'all need to be chill.

From the looks of it they didn't even want to show the DLC characters, they were pretty much forced to thanks to the predator leak eventhough some of them are in super early stages... so let's just speculate gameplay stuff and whatnot instead of this dumbass argument that's based on human races when she's EDENIAN ~__~
I'm happy she's back, but i want the Tanya everyone loved. The dark-skinned black woman. I do hope her gameplay is great too.Why do you guys keep trying so hard to shut people up that want the dark tanya back? Is it because you want her to stay light? Is it because you are a troll? Is it because you are racist? Other then that why would you be mad at someone calling out whitewashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.