What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Her race is Edenian, Just like D'Vorah's race is Kytinn, Just like Jacqui's race is Black.
Quoting you ...well because... but it's what this thread is getting wrong...

First anyone can see that her model was lightened in the video as to not blend with the background specifically her hair...if you adjust the color to make her hair the deep black like the rest of the blacks in the render she does appear significantly darker...

But ....These are summaries from encyclopedias not some shit I pulled out my ass so anyway...

Ethnicity is about the learned cultural behaviors celebrated throughout regions around the world.
(so is Tanya black as a ethnicity....No she is Edenian or perhaps another name for whatever specific region of the realm she is from)

Race is an indication of the heritage with which you were born, regardless of location or learned behavior.
(again Tanya is not Racially black for the same reason... she does not have that heritage it does not exist in that realm)

If you are saying that by having whatever shade of darker skin she is black and that is the only thing you are going by and it has no other meaning then that ..fine...
But if you are saying that that is the entire basis of who she is and should be and the only reason you can or can not relate to or understand her as a character...that is sad and shallow and if your feelings change based on the color of her skin alone ...well there is a word for that...

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Race is an indication of the heritage with which you were born, regardless of location or learned behavior.
(again Tanya is not Racially black for the same reason... she does not have that heritage it does not exist in that realm)
You forgot the bit where Race is a societal construct in your "research".

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Why do you guys keep trying so hard to shut people up that want the dark tanya back? Is it because you want her to stay light? Is it because you are a troll? Is it because you are racist? Other then that why would you be mad at someone calling out whitewashing?
.... What part of 'she's still in early development' do you not understand? wait till they show her more fleshed out and if she still not black enough for you THEN go complain to NRS twitter or some shit..

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Or just contact them on Twitter now so they can, you know, actually work on that knowing that people care about her skin color?

That's what I did and I was just going to leave the discussion at that until I saw a few posts that I just couldn't let slide.

Saint Op Omen

You forgot the bit where Race is a societal construct in your "research".
not scientifically it's just what I said it was ...what you are referring to can be better described as ethnicity....like I said ...but yeah
Also true that in many places the terms because muddied and interchangeable on a common level...and mean different things in different places...
Not 5 mins of research but I like referring to easily definable and understood sources...does not change the point either way...
but thanks for the condescending remark anyway...luv ya

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
This is from Deception

She's the same color here as in her dlc promo,

people are just blind and/or wanna make race arguments everytime a darker skinned person is shown. If anything she is more Latino than Black, if compared to Earthlings

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
not scientifically
Yes "scientifically". There is countless literature on the matter and the current consensus in " the scientific world " that race between humans (I.e. black, white...) is not real. While there are certain physical differences due to place of origin, we are all one race. It's been agreed in many fields that touch upon this that it is purely a societal classification.

This is from Deception

She's the same color here as in her dlc promo,

people are just blind and/or wanna make race arguments everytime a darker skinned person is shown. If anything she is more Latino than Black, if compared to Earthlings
Latino is not a race. Dark latino's are black or mixed with black.

Saint Op Omen

Yes "scientifically". There is countless literature on the matter and the current consensus in " the scientific world " that race between humans (I.e. black, white...) is not real. While there are certain physical differences due to place of origin, we are all one race. It's been agreed in many fields that touch upon this that it is purely a societal classification.
Although it does not apply too just humans and is still a used term as such with humans....yeah scientist never agree on shit as a whole lol...as by many fields indicate...but if you understand that you understand the original point and probably don't need wikipedia for that...

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
You do realize I'm also including anthropologists, psychologists and not just biologists right? I mean it's a fact we're all the same race.

Oh, by the way, a college education > Wikipedia, but cute attempt at shade!

You're right ,but they are still black for now because that's how the world see them.
Although it does not apply too just humans and is still a used term as such with humans....yeah scientist never agree on shit as a whole lol...as by many fields indicate...but if you understand that you understand the original point and probably don't need wikipedia for that...
Tanya Had Big black lips too.No one ever talks about her black features in general. I guess it's because mostly only black people have them features. They don't want Tanya black. That's one less black in the game for people with hate in their heart.

cfw

Toys can't save you!

Also Ed said that those DLC characters who can talk will, so I can't wait for her dialogue.
Miss litebright over here.

I'm curious if those voice leaks were actually true. Lani Minella or Jennifer Hale? I think I'd prefer LM if I had to choose.

Saint Op Omen

You do realize I'm also including anthropologists, psychologists and not just biologists right? I mean it's a fact we're all the same race.

And a college education > Wikipedia, but nice attempt at shade.
Yes and I've read several things to the contrary.... In the times and several science sites... The amount of rapid mutations has made it clear what does trace back to a single origin changed dramatically and quickly... So classifying it as one thing when there are stake differences is dangerous and then line of thought is that different races do exist by placing emphasis on da markers...
And you can be the only one throwing undeserved cheap shots... Right...
I mean no hard feelings... I am glad you're not dumb... But this whole thing is getting silly and ruining a thread about a great character

Miss litebright over here.

I'm curious if those voice leaks were actually true. Lani Minella or Jennifer Hale? I think I'd prefer LM if I had to choose.
Lani Minella has stated a few times that she was never contacted for MKX.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Lani Minella has stated a few times that she was never contacted for MKX.
Damn. :(

Didn't Karen Strassman (Kitana/Mileena) say the same thing? I remember someone saying that.

If it really is J.Hale then that's gonna be a big ol' MEH imo.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
How about that facial structure?

MK4-MKD maintained some consistency. I personally think it worked well for her.

Moving along.

I still get so excited seeing that teaser and knowing she's back. She may have barely missed the cut for MK9, but she's here now!

She always came off as a sexy character until Mileena took that and turned it up to 11, and as bit of a snob. I hope that shows in her animations and personality. None of that 'Too Easy' mess like Jade. That got annoying fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.