What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
The fuck is with this shit today...

Tanya was most certainly not even remotely ever from Africa... So what in the blue he'll does how much pigment she has in her skin have to do with anything about the character...
My kids are half black.. One can pass for a vampire and the other looks like she has a nice tan... None of it means anything as to who or what they are...
So who the fuck cares... Adjust the contrast and brightness on your screen if it means that much... Its a fictional character...

cfw

Toys can't save you!
So as an African-American that doesn't really mind the changes to Tanya, and in fact likes her more Egyptian look, am I one of those closet racists?
Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I think her redesign is cool as hell and I also like to think this gives Edenia a very diverse background culture(s).

BUT I always thought she was the Edenian equivalent of black. It's one of the reasons I even took a significant interest in her.

I think it's just because it's a little early with the interesting lighting she doesn't really look finished.

If they keep her tone as is I can get over it I guess.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Tanya was most certainly not even remotely ever from Africa... So what in the blue he'll does how much pigment she has in her skin have to do with anything about the character...
It has everything to do with diverse representation in the media. Changing a dark skinned character into a practically white one is troubling regardless if she is fictional. Let's not forget the only other dark skinned Edenian is dead.

if you guys see this as black, you need to check your eyes with a doctor, as i said before, she is darker than usual like egyptian or latina but not black. jaqui is black. thats all.

jade vs tanya comparison.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
It has everything to do with diverse representation in the media. Changing a dark skinned character into a practically white one is troubling regardless if she is fictional. Let's not forget the only other dark skinned Edenian is dead.
Nope still see it as a BS nitpicking point that was never established or made in anyway relative to anything the character was...
If let's say Jax was to be white all of a sudden then sure that would be a thing... He is established as being black... Same for Cage turning black...
Nobody had a damn clue what the girls from another realm were... Jade and Tanya were all different shades.. Kitana was maybe Asian or not... It changed like every game...
Its fine to say that you did or don't like a design depiction but don't act like everything is a possible slight against a entire race or people...
I feel like if every character was grey there would be arguments over the % of grey and if it was closer to black or white...

cfw

Toys can't save you!
what do u see in this circle
A bunch of purple and grey dots in a circle? To me, at least, she has features that I would associate with black women.

I'm still hype as hell I've been so scared that she would be shafted in favor of Frost.

Does anyone think that the DLC characters will actually get extra skins this time? It hurt my heart when only Zod got a skin (I understand why tho).

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bothered by it. But I've already made my peace with it hoping it's just early stuff and it'll get fixed later on.
Bro, they just don't want you too call out why tanya is so light and not dark

I regret making any comment about Tanya's race tbh (although I can definitely see where the argument that she's black is coming from a bit more now...)

Anyway, I'm placing a bet right now that one of her variations will involve air and/or low fireballs. I haven't a clue what her other two could involve, though it would be hella funny if one of them involved mocking Jade's death - now that would lead to some interesting dialogue with Kitana...

Reactions: cfw
I regret making any comment about Tanya's race tbh (although I can definitely see where the argument that she's black is coming from a bit more now...)

Anyway, I'm placing a bet right now that one of her variations will involve air and/or low fireballs. I haven't a clue what her other two could involve, though it would be hella funny if one of them involved mocking Jade's death - now that would lead to some interesting dialogue with Kitana...
it will be interesting what she has to say to mileena too

Status
Not open for further replies.