What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
No, just because I have a DoA character as my avatar doesn't mean I want that for MKX.
I just want NRS to improve their models. If you lack at something, it's not a bad idea to look at other games and see what good things you can copy from them.

DoA models wouldn't fit in this game, but they could at least try to match the models of their older games.

But do you really think they will change something about this model? I doubt it.
She doesn't come out til June none of these dlc are even done

Everyone is really upset about Tanya's lighter skin tone. But I don't think there is anything to worry about. When Jade's render came out in MK9, fans were outraged to see that NRS has lightened her skin. But this was only done so that the white background of the render would overshadow Jade because of her darker skin. So they lightened her skin to make Jade's render pop more off the page.

The same is being done for Tanya. The background of the trailer is extremely black. If they had shown Tanya with her darker skin, she would practically disappear of the trailer completely. It is clearly an issue of lighting. In game I'm pretty sure she'll be dark skinned as she was in previous incarnations.

She was never black to begin with, she was slightly darker like egyptian or latina but not black. So i dont know where people are coming from
Yeah. I always assumed that her look was meant to imply Middle Eastern or South Asian descent.

Still, I'm very much looking forward to Tanya being in the game - it'll be interesting to see how her story line goes given that her primary rival, Jade, is obviously dead in this timeline.

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
She looks fucked. No more mop hair with these bitches. It's short and poofy and is the focal point just like mileenas re design, which isn't bad, but, give tanya something else. I imagine pulled back black hair , dark skin, I'm talking Wesley snipes fried out black, it would be scary and intimidating, and some yellow garb with a big booty on that Judy . That's what I need. You can't fucks with the nether realm and be this pampered little mommy from prince of Egypt

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Can someone provide me some insight on why she is good/hype to have? This is an honest question, I know nothing about her.

Can someone provide me some insight on why she is good/hype to have? This is an honest question, I know nothing about her.
she is an edenian royalty, daughter of ambassador and is power hungry, will betray anyone to get what she wants, she worked for shinnok and quan chi in mk4 to kill liu kang, and then helped them get the win in deadly alliance even though she was not in a game, after deadly alliance was killed (quan chi and shang tsung) she helped onaga capture the kamidogus and then she killed onaga.
she has a rivalry with jade kitana and sindel and they hate tanya because she is a traitor to edenia.

tanya will stop at nothing to get what she wants!

now "CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER?!"

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
She is a traitor in the story line at so many levels! She betrayed Sindel, Kitana, & Jade (she probably killed Jade if she was reincarnated). It's hard to explain but you have to understand a characters significance in the storyline. It shows their is lots of potential to make her a favorite. She technically is like the female Kano. There is no better female DLC option than her because a lot of people were asking for her on Twitter and TYM.

If it was Kira, Li Mei, Nitara, Ashrah (who I like) or Frost, the hype wouldn't be as big.

She is a traitor in the story line at so many levels! She betrayed Sindel, Kitana, & Jade (she probably killed Jade if she was reincarnated). It's hard to explain but you have to understand a characters significance in the storyline. It shows their is lots of potential to make her a favorite. She technically is like the female Kano. There is no better female DLC option than her because a lot of people were asking for her on Twitter and TYM.

If it was Kira, Li Mei, Nitara, Ashrah (who I like) or Frost, the hype wouldn't be as big.
i love NITARA<3
and do not compare tanya to kano please

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The great Tanya debate of 2015. "Is she white skin and gold or light black skin and yellow?"

It's just unflattering lighting and an incomplete model you guys.

#teamblackandyellow
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sloth <3. Oh man. I needed a good laugh.

She was never black to begin with, she was slightly darker like egyptian or latina but not black. So i dont know where people are coming from
^^^^ The man Phoenix with the truth.
Guys, it isn't as though she isn't almost definitely going to get a classic skin like damn near all the other oldheads are. She was never definitively Jacqui/Jax/Carl Weathers level black anyway, so why is everyone so shocked they went the open-to-interpretation route? Egyptians are delicious, man...

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
People saying she never looked black thus who cares that she is not dark skinned have not been around too many black women, I'm just saying. In MK4 she could have simply been a more tan skinned woman (though I've encountered plenty of black women who look exactly like her MK4 look) but she got even darker when she returned in MKD.

If we saw Sonya looking a lot darker you can bet your ass people would be mad and claiming she was "always white".

Oh and, clearly, from what we've seen, Edenians run the skin color gamut so stop using that argument. Sindel, Kitana and Jade (as well as from what we've seen of Rain in MK2011) were not the same skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.