Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
DN having no useful mid up-close is starting to bug me.. All the good mids are in kobu :[ whack ass tonfas

Doesnt help that her pokes are absolute buttcheeks... And I thought Jacqui's pokes were bad >__>;
Have you been feeling the pain of that 7f uppercut that seems to whiff on opponents youd think itd hit? Just to eat 30+%

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Have you been feeling the pain of that 7f uppercut that seems to whiff on opponents youd think itd hit? Just to eat 30+%
Oh I can top that lol, I keep getting DN db2 instead of d2 and get an even bigger whiff..
Any button that starts with a down input with Tanya is a no-no. You in the no poke zone, son~
your poke is teleport back :|

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Can we stop with the variation ranking? Each variation is fairly solid, and will provide a different style to suit better for different match-ups. DN for the range and damage, pyro for the zoning and dust mixups, and KJ for the pressure and mixups from her b1 2+4 string.
None of these are as bad as Hat trick. That will always be the worst variation ever

Edit: There's more ranking in the other threads but its still not contributing to anything

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
I like all her variations, but Pyromancer is my favorite. Though Kobujustu and Dragon Naginata are also fun to use.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yea i think im going to stop doing standing 1 from a teleport in jip, soooooooooo many times j1/2 hits and the secondd hit of 112 gets blocked :mad::mad::mad:

yea i think im going to stop doing standing 1 from a teleport in jip, soooooooooo many times j1/2 hits and the secondd hit of 112 gets blocked :mad::mad::mad:
Yeah I've noticed this too. I've been doing more F2 after teleport jip. It never whiffs and always combos if you time it right. On block you go into teleport cancel pressure

What are your guys' thoughts on the Raiden matchup? Ignoring how terrible I am it just seems like he can blow up literally everything that Tanya wants to do if played well enough (except maybe Pyromancer).

First up, don't play against the CPU. It teaches you bad habits.

Second, you're way overusing the airial gimmicks. Going for Teleport overhead dive is a surefire way of eating a 40% combo since it's minus million on block.

You're playing horribly unsafely. Why on earth are you JUMPING when you're knocked down? It simply looks like your jump button is stuck. Every other move you do is some type of jump forward.

As for actual match up stuff, It's impossible to know yet. Tanya is too new and there is limited exploring of her options in the various matchups.

First up, don't play against the CPU. It teaches you bad habits.

Second, you're way overusing the airial gimmicks. Going for Teleport overhead dive is a surefire way of eating a 40% combo since it's minus million on block.

You're playing horribly unsafely. Why on earth are you JUMPING when you're knocked down? It simply looks like your jump button is stuck. Every other move you do is some type of jump forward.

As for actual match up stuff, It's impossible to know yet. Tanya is too new and there is limited exploring of her options in the various matchups.
In general stuff that works on humans doesn't work on the VH comp, so if I tried to mixup it would just block it always; even if I mixed up several times in the same string. What this ultimately means is that you can either win via gimmicks (like an infinite blockstring or the pogo working multiple times as it did for me toward the end) or you'll win because of the matchup superiority (i.e. your normals or specials are better than the opposing character). Some of the comps have some pretty dope combos I've never seen a human do as well so even in a general context it's a good idea to play the comp for basic ideas. You can also learn how to punish reasonably well, and good luck doing that online. Finally there are going to be almost 100 variations in the game and you'll wind up playing against less than half of them if you never play against the comp.

The point isn't that though or anything to do with how I played, it's that raiden can instant air babolay everything and blowup the ubiqutous DN okis. Hell he can even auto correct DP wakeup teleport.

I have like a 95% chance to win against other players (with Kitana) and only a 70% chance to win or so against the comp so I find it more interesting in general, though that's just a personal taste thing. I'm certainly not going to get better against almost every other player, most of them are just plain awful, but the comp can give me a run for my money/you really have to nail every combo if you want to have a positive win rate (which apparently from MIT's play yesterday you don't have to do in person at a high level necessarily). If you want to blab about offline vs online and all that's great and I would definitely participate in a local scene if one existed, but it doesn't so I'm stuck with the Very Hard comp being my "demon" as it were.

Last edited:

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Hey play against the CPU all you want. It's what I do to help with execution in tight situations.

My only issue is online, IDK what it is, but a lot of my combos/stuff just won't come out when it should. It's pretty annoying, because it's the reason I lose so much now. Never had an issue with online until recently.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey play against the CPU all you want. It's what I do to help with execution in tight situations.

My only issue is online, IDK what it is, but a lot of my combos/stuff just won't come out when it should. It's pretty annoying, because it's the reason I lose so much now. Never had an issue with online until recently.
Yea somehow it got even worse. Something as simple as F2~Dust or B31~Dust either comes out a F2~nothing and B312 half of the time even with "good" connection. Teleport air combos are impossible for me online but 99/100 offline.

Online is just garbage. I play it as little as possible.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
It really sucks because when I try to get out of certain situations where I can easily teleport out, nothing happens I'm just standing there chillin so I can get punched in the face free combo KO game over

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I feel bad for people who dont have an offline scene, I really do. I wanted to play more online this game to get more MUs down but quickly realized it was pointless considering counterpoking is nonexistent online lmao.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hi guys, Just started to playing Tanya today and I have for a start to questions:

1 - I think b1, 24 is stronger combo starter, isnt it ?
2 - how well bad do You think the tele will get hit with the next patch ?

Folux182

Noob
Hi guys, Just started to playing Tanya today and I have for a start to questions:

1 - I think b1, 24 is stronger combo starter, isnt it ?
2 - how well bad do You think the tele will get hit with the next patch ?

1. I'm assuming you're using Kobu Jutsu. But yeah the b1, 24 is the stronger combo starter but its only in the KJ variation

2. Hold down and the punch button after the second teleport

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
1. I'm assuming you're using Kobu Jutsu. But yeah the b1, 24 is the stronger combo starter but its only in the KJ variation

2. Hold down and the punch button after the second teleport
Thanks, i figured it out a while ago.

Also a 34 can be confirmed info ex tele - it applies more dmg as well.

I've been playing her two hours in the lab and I am already in love (almost as fun as Skarlet is <wink wink>)