Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I think all of Tanya's variations are fun, but Dragon Naginata seems to be the overall best so far. It's got damage, range, mixups, safety, everything you need to succeed.
I agree. All three of her variations are good but DN seems the most legit. Also, I love how the former Jade players are flocking to it.

So far I am making players go crazy with B2 just outside of midrange. Its amazing. ;(

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
J.p into Naginata is very practical and not hard to setup in the slightest. For the simple fact you can cancel into other things. You can hit Naginata make them block and put them into a bad situation. Are you just reaching to start an argument on something because their hasn't been enough arguing in the Tanya threads yet? lol I played Mileena JP stuff worked. Very practical and led me to top16/32 at combo breaker. (Against good players as well!) Jp into stuff in this game is very practical for anyone.

I'm trying to understand your logic when you say... Because I've watched and see top players j.p a lot and you're saying high level won't do it X.c

But, Ok man.

I'm trying to understand your logic when you say... Because I've watched and see top players j.p a lot and you're saying high level won't do it X.c

Sent from my IPhone
Yup, this.

At first I thought the jump in into staff stance was a no no until I realized her options.

She is one of the few characters that can initiate empty jump setups. I'm loving her plethora of options upon just simply leaving the ground...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
anyone else having issues doing teleport cancel into b3?
i keep getting back tele instead :/ if i slow it down to were i dont i lose too many frames
(my release check is off btw)

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I'm calling it now, Kano is a bad matchup for her. REALLY bad.. Also Dragon Fire Liu Kang is pretty strong against her as well.
Yeah Kano was pretty rough...Cybernetic that is. Not because he can throw knives (she can teleback and chuck fireballs) but because ball is such a good space closer. Also pretty much anyone with a slide. Idk about the other variations besides Pyro tho

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The hardest part of Tanya for me is figuring out her range, as she's all over the place between her strings it feels.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
The hardest part of Tanya for me is figuring out her range, as she's all over the place between her strings it feels.
The hardest thing for me is teleporting into any air normal from neutral cuz her air normals are so weird for some reason
Edit: like usually teleport into like ji2 will whiff for no reason

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Running her variations in the lab I'm finding that finally we have a main whose all three variations will be perfectly viable and useful. It's too early to call matchups but Kobu will have no trouble getting in, Pyro will have no problem keeping out and Draggynata will be a perfect balance of keeping the opponent at spear point, pun intended.

Pyro:
Damage is the name of the game. The main strength of this one is that you don't ever have to be close to your opponent except when you are dishing out nearly 50% damage. This one will do bad against characters who have safety and mobility at the same time, but it will destroy characters who find it in hard to get in.

Kobu:
Rushdown all day. The main strength of this one is that you can keep on being in their face, teleporting out then coming right back in. Days of punishing people trying to punish you now commence, if you like being irritating and aggressive this is your variation. This one will struggle against characters with superior frames and heavy armour, but will do well against unsafe characters.

Draggynata:
Every Jade players wet dream. Everything Jade should have been with Cammy added to the equation, I don't see myself committing so much to the other variations as this one. Overall it will be harder to play than the other two, execution and spacing, footsies and patience will be your tools and even if this one will find it harder to deal with being rushed down AND zoned than the other two ever would, I still find this one to be closest to my heart. This one has no favourable matchups, but when played on point, it will not find it too hard to deal with difficult opponents either.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Ive built so much meter with her blockstrings and teleporting around and using her projectiles... Im not used to having meter like this lol.

SEV

Noob
D1 anti-air combo; if they try to jump out after a F2 Teleport cancel D1 check:

D1 F2 exDF3 NjP run in 34 ender (32% with FK ender)

34 into ender is stricter timing, at least to be able to connect FK, 24 is much more lenient and consistent for a bit less damage. And using two teleports doesn't give any more damage, just increases gravity making max damage next to impossible.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Something me and my friend found is that in DN stance she can cancel her overhead or low mid animation. So if she goes for the overhead she can cancel it back to the spear stance and then we have to reguess what's coming next. Not sure how useful that is but it's tech.

Something me and my friend found is that in DN stance she can cancel her overhead or low mid animation. So if she goes for the overhead she can cancel it back to the spear stance and then we have to reguess what's coming next. Not sure how useful that is but it's tech.
Whats the inputs for this?

I know that its not in the tutorial. But I think it's like Forward 1 or 2 to break one throw and back 3 or 4 to break the other. It was something odd like that. I've made it work on accident a few times.
I was talking about the inputs to cancel the pogo stance overhead back into pogo stance.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I was talking about the inputs to cancel the pogo stance overhead back into pogo stance.
Whoops sorry about that. Wrong thread.

After trying to replicate it I think what he was doing exit stance then back into stance. I thought he was going for the overhead since it was day 1 and I hadn't had time to test out all of her moves yet.

Whoops sorry about that. Wrong thread.

After trying to replicate it I think what he was doing exit stance then back into stance. I thought he was going for the overhead since it was day 1 and I hadn't had time to test out all of her moves yet.
Ok. Would have been really nice if it was possible.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All in all it seems that she just needs meter to juice out real damage.

Not really a problem because she builds meter like crazy.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
All in all it seems that she just needs meter to juice out real damage.

Not really a problem because she builds meter like crazy.
unless pyro
and then you're dealing damage with no meter and using it for breakers and eat other projectiles and stoning runs with exFireball.

good gravy that exFireball.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
unless pyro
and then you're dealing damage with no meter and using it for breakers and eat other projectiles and stoning runs with exFireball.

good gravy that exFireball.
Are you're sure you're playing Pyro? Every Pyro Tanya i've fought it constantly teleporting and spacing out fireballs, that has to build a ton of meter.