Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm picking up Tonya, from what I hear, is pyro not worth learning? I'm only interested in pyro and DN
Pyro is probably mid or high mid. Definitely viable against a majority of the cast.

Naginata has crap wakeups and is more unsafe but she is still viable.

You can't go wrong with either of them tbh.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Practicing some tech in the Tanya vs Grandmaster SZ match up. Finding SZ can beat a lot of her armored wake-up options in the corner for some pretty substantial damage (not necessarily punishing the move after blocking, but punishing the attempt in the first place). Most notable being her ex Low Drill Kick. The recovery on that thing is ridiculous, allowing SZ to set a clone, then proceed into a shatter combo, all before she can get back in the game. Would Tanya ever even use this on wake up?

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Practicing some tech in the Tanya vs Grandmaster SZ match up. Finding SZ can beat a lot of her armored wake-up options in the corner for some pretty substantial damage (not necessarily punishing the move after blocking, but punishing the attempt in the first place). Most notable being her ex Low Drill Kick. The recovery on that thing is ridiculous, allowing SZ to set a clone, then proceed into a shatter combo, all before she can get back in the game. Would Tanya ever even use this on wake up?
The only time I really use that as a wakeup is when the opponent is trying to pressure on a knockdown and even that is risky business. Her best wake up is get EX Rekka. If delayed, and If I'm wrong please correct me, but if delayed it resets the neutral.

Man, is it just me or Tanya gets a ton of hate still more than others? I constantly hear people complain through my tv and discredit the matches lmao.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Kobu Boyz, we got hit so hard. If you haven't notice the damage difference of 7% already, surprise. No longer has a safe option select tool with ex rekka, they removed the armor. 34 takes longer to cancel into a special. So 34 mid combos don't exist for the most part.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
flipkick and low drill did not get slowed down

34 special cancel is slower now because it was a bug the way it was before because the special came out the first frame after the string

although this is a slight nerf to some combos, and maybe 34 telecancel on block (if you used that), the upside is there is a natural delay now, for example in pogo you can mix up staggering 34 on block (still +1) vs. 34~b,f+2 which has no gap and a deceptive delay

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
anyways her sweep is safe now so use it!!
She already had a combo starting low that was safer. Like really? The best thing sweep was use for was trip guarding.

And saying that the cancel on 3,4 wasn't intended when it was something that wasn't a problem screams lazy on NRS' part. It took them 5 months to realize oh that's not right?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She already had a combo starting low that was safer. Like really? The best thing sweep was use for was trip guarding.

And saying that the cancel on 3,4 wasn't intended when it was something that wasn't a problem screams lazy on NRS' part. It took them 5 months to realize oh that's not right?
Been awhile since the last patch....

As far as b+4, it has like twice the range of b+3 and is slightly longer than d+4 as well. This is part of a universal system change where every characters sweep is faster, safer, or both. Sometimes the smallest changes add up to big differences

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Been awhile since the last patch....

As far as b+4, it has like twice the range of b+3 and is slightly longer than d+4 as well. This is part of a universal system change where every characters sweep is faster, safer, or both. Sometimes the smallest changes add up to big differences
B4 hard knockdown vs full combo. The range is okay but if you were doing it from max distance that b3 couldn't reach then it wasn't going to get punished anyway. Pointing out the sweep is safer doesn't really help her. And by her I'm being biased and saying Pyro.

There have been multiple patches since she was released and suddenly this being an issue screams red flag with the 3,4 cancel. Why change it now when it's not something that is game breaking or brain dead?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, as someone who has picked up this character this past week (Dragon Naginata), I have a question regarding her block string pressure and staggers.

11 is an effective stagger, and B3 into Ia Pole works great, however I am more interested in her teleport cancels.

From my labbing it seems B1 (in Naginata) jails into a F2 If they jump they will get hit. Other than that, it seems as tho most leave her neutral at best. I understand that's still great for safety (seeing as if you don't confirm that teleport I'm going to die to a NJP), but is there any dirt around these cancels?

The other question I have for Naginata users, is if you drop the D2 in a combo (as in the opponent blocks the second one for instance) are we always a sitting duck? I have had moderate success using 4 to kick at them, but can I get out safely by hopping backwards and teleporting? Will I always eat the NJP?

I would test it myself, but I'm currently back at work.

I couldn't agree more it's so stupid to take it out of the game and it's insulting to add it to that pile of nerfs. It's like an nRS wants to discourage people that have worked hard learning her or something. They shouldn't just cater to top players bitching and moaning cuz most of the money comes from the majority of people buying this game.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
So the patch has been out for a while now. Is the consensus that Kobu is still the best variation? If so, how viable is it?