Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
So the patch has been out for a while now. Is the consensus that Kobu is still the best variation? If so, how viable is it?
Yes. 10f mid is awesome. Kobu is no longer broken meaning that you must use your brain now instead of machine gun the B1 string all day.
B12+4 into rekka has a gap. You can do funny things about this gap. First you can B12+4 then block (be careful it's -10), if people are obsessed by that gap they will armor, however many characters in this game does not have a 10f armor so you can punish their armors. This work on more than half of the cast like Mileena, Kitana, Jacqui, Johnny, Tremor.... If you face Kung Lao, Jax.... (7f and 9f armors, for example) you should be more careful, you can cancel B1 into rekka to avoid the gap OR do some very funny gimmicks like B12+4 into back teleport to dodge a lot of reversal. When people realize that they must throw out armors carefully you can keep playing your normal pressure, with some mind games and read. Her damage is terrible now, but look at the positive side, Shaolin does the same low damage with 1 bar too

Yes. 10f mid is awesome. Kobu is no longer broken meaning that you must use your brain now instead of machine gun the B1 string all day.
B12+4 into rekka has a gap. You can do funny things about this gap. First you can B12+4 then block (be careful it's -10), if people are obsessed by that gap they will armor, however many characters in this game does not have a 10f armor so you can punish their armors. This work on more than half of the cast like Mileena, Kitana, Jacqui, Johnny, Tremor.... If you face Kung Lao, Jax.... (7f and 9f armors, for example) you should be more careful, you can cancel B1 into rekka to avoid the gap OR do some very funny gimmicks like B12+4 into back teleport to dodge a lot of reversal. When people realize that they must throw out armors carefully you can keep playing your normal pressure, with some mind games and read. Her damage is terrible now, but look at the positive side, Shaolin does the same low damage with 1 bar too
I can't for the life of me see How Kobu is good.

Last edited:

BangBang

Noob
How was it buffed?
Guess he's talking about this:

"Tanya - Adjusted BP,BK to hit duck blocking opponents more consistently"

----

Imho, It would be a viable character again only giving her back ex rekka armor and stupid change in 34~ enders. Maybe a 2% damage buff too.
At the moment, Pyro seems stronger to me because of ex shroud to avoid pressure for a moment.
I dont think you could beat any good player who is aware of the gaps with kobu.
Cast is full of strong chars now and Kobu Tanya lost almos all of her most important tools.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
Ok, so I fought 7 scorpions online today. 1 Ninjutsu( I won) and 6 infernos( I lost). I was using Draginata so of course the matchup wasn't really in my favor but still! They all did the exact same thing.....it's like kobu's reincarnation. Not only that , but recently I've been seeing only inferno scorpions. I'm sick of that vortex wannabe. I'm gonna go check out the scorpion Kommunity and see why is everyone suddenly using inferno.

-mission impossible style oh yeah.

Element_

The First Element
Ok, so I fought 7 scorpions online today. 1 Ninjutsu( I won) and 6 infernos( I lost). I was using Draginata so of course the matchup wasn't really in my favor but still! They all did the exact same thing.....it's like kobu's reincarnation. Not only that , but recently I've been seeing only inferno scorpions. I'm sick of that vortex wannabe. I'm gonna go check out the scorpion Kommunity and see why is everyone suddenly using inferno.

-mission impossible style oh yeah.
Tanya loses the MU because of his teleport basically. Plus with it being online...that won't help. I find Ermac to be a real pain

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I really would like a resource for learning / leveling up Pyro

I have been begging for one for ages, and hoping that one of our experienced players would do one, but it looks like it wont be done so I am thinking of doing a Pyro "living" guide myself where we can all contribute.

I am by no means an amazing player, but I really love the variation (well... Tanya in general!). Id like to get a guide online just to begin things and change it up and edit it as we get higher level people's contributions.

I am happy to start something out and I can edit it as we go along as long as no one is mean to me when I post poor tactics or whatever LOL!!! :p

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
I really would like a resource for learning / leveling up Pyro

I have been begging for one for ages, and hoping that one of our experienced players would do one, but it looks like it wont be done so I am thinking of doing a Pyro "living" guide myself where we can all contribute.

I am by no means an amazing player, but I really love the variation (well... Tanya in general!). Id like to get a guide online just to begin things and change it up and edit it as we get higher level people's contributions.

I am happy to start something out and I can edit it as we go along as long as no one is mean to me when I post poor tactics or whatever LOL!!! :p

This would be awesome!

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
To me, yes. Kobu can still put a person in the corner afraid to press a button. Losing 34 in her combos honestly isn't a big deal like people are making it out to be; d1 112xxrekka substitutes a 24xxrekka ender. Losing armor on ex rekka has made kobu use ex low drill more as an ex reversal. Basically meaning I can do b31xxstaggered rekka into low drill and catch people pressing buttons. Now, ex rekka has to be used to punish setplay. B1 2+4 being -10 makes there a gap in she cancelled into rekkas. But if you ex rekka instead you can punish people for trying to reversal. Over all I still think the character has the tools to still win. Just needs a lot more work.

So the patch has been out for a while now. Is the consensus that Kobu is still the best variation? If so, how viable is it?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
so ex tonfa toss into jip doesnt work anymore? same with full screen conversions?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
i get the armor launcher being gone but this is foolishness. If there is a patch Tuesday i hope this comes back.

please help her paulo dont let her stay the weakest character (esp kobu and pyro) in the game
im not gonna suggest changes, since many people will get butthurt over it, i trust nrs judgement
@colt

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I do. They knew jerk nerfed her too much which pissed me off but alien was allowed to be retarded for months. They need to give her some stuff back it's kinda brainless to beat her now -_-
She struggles.