What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
@dennycascade - maybe @Wetdoba could give you some insight .. ive only played two F/Ts recently and one them, every time i got punished pretty hard for reckless NJPs.. It was either vs WetDoba or the other F/T but i dont remember his tag.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
D1, D1 on block gets destroyed by Takedas NJP, Torr does extend his hurt box when he D1s so even from max range D1 will be whiff punished by Takedas NJP. However if you do this every time I will just D1, wait for you to jump, and EX Torryuken into 40% on reaction

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
found the stage fatal i think
U, U, U, D

thats it i just tested it numerous times. tip-- very close and if you use the block button, let go before you press down. -seemed more consistent for me

Last edited:

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
found the stage fatal i think
U, U, U, D

thats it i just tested it numerous times. tip-- very close and if you use the block button, let go before you press down. -seemed more consistent for me
Yup. Everything you said is correct. Especially about letting go of block for the last button.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Any Takedas willing to give me some games for MU experience? I'm not a high level player, just looking to perform better at my local.

JerzeyReign

It's a shame that I'm xbox 1 only. What problems are you having against Takeda anyway if you are having any?
Vs Lasher: I'm terrible at spacing out his chains. I seem to always get hit by the last little piece of it.
Vs Ronin: Spacing again and getting used to blocking the b21? I seem to space that terribly in a match as well.
Vs SR: I just don't have any experience against it

I have about 4 Takedas at my local and they all use a different variation. I've been in the lab with it but during a match its a whole different animal.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Vs Lasher: I'm terrible at spacing out his chains. I seem to always get hit by the last little piece of it.
Vs Ronin: Spacing again and getting used to blocking the b21? I seem to space that terribly in a match as well.
Vs SR: I just don't have any experience against it

I have about 4 Takedas at my local and they all use a different variation. I've been in the lab with it but during a match its a whole different animal.
Let me know who you like to use so I can show you some options you have against him.

At the basis though, Takeda seems to be all about making sure that you never get your turn. That being said, you will definitely want to learn how to stop his offense, which can sometimes be quite simple. If you can get Takeda to whiff any of his whip string normals, you can pretty much run in for a full punish because he won't be able to cancel into anything to make him safe(r) such as Kunai's or a Tele-cancel.

However, one thing you almost Never want to do against a good Takeda player is jump in the neutral, because he can get up to 27% damage meterless in AA's (there's nothing more I love than people who jump at me when I play this character).

Ronin is an entirely different story and I will probably need to know more about your character to come up with some good ideas for MU.

JerzeyReign

Let me know who you like to use so I can show you some options you have against him.

At the basis though, Takeda seems to be all about making sure that you never get your turn. That being said, you will definitely want to learn how to stop his offense, which can sometimes be quite simple. If you can get Takeda to whiff any of his whip string normals, you can pretty much run in for a full punish because he won't be able to cancel into anything to make him safe(r) such as Kunai's or a Tele-cancel.

However, one thing you almost Never want to do against a good Takeda player is jump in the neutral, because he can get up to 27% damage meterless in AA's (there's nothing more I love than people who jump at me when I play this character).

Ronin is an entirely different story and I will probably need to know more about your character to come up with some good ideas for MU.
Mileena is my main.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Mileena is my main.
With Mileena you have a ton of options actually. Either Ronin or Shirai Ryu will probably be harder MU's since they aren't too easy to zone out. If you are at full screen, you can use your sai's but you might want to watch out for a reflect from Ronin or a teleport from SR.

For Ronin, the only time you want to block low is when the lightsaber is on the ground or when you think he will throw out a D3. Always anticipate the b2 overhead or a throw. You usually also want to block low when you are getting back up if you get knocked down because most Takeda's will run up to you and D3 to anticipate a delayed wakeup. However, sometimes they follow up with B2 afterwards. B3 is the only normal low he can combo off of, just keep an eye out for it but B3 is rarely used. I can say I only use B3 when I've conditioned my opponent to block my overheads all day long. Is important for you to know that when he puts the lightsaberz on the ground it is technically your turn to attack.

Another move to watch out for is Forward 3 because it is ++ on block for Takeda. I always uppercut after I use that move because Uppercut is technically Takeda's fastest move besides d1 and it low profiles for some reason.

Edit: watch out for b1,1 in Ronin as it can armor break even your armor and it is 0 on block but you can backdash it.

Edit number 2: Anticipate a b2,1,2+4 from Ronin at the start of the match lol

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
@JerzeyReign If you fight against a Shirai Ryu Takeda and you manage to get in his face, you can actually break all of his Wake-up armor moves with b12 so technically you don't have to respect his wake-ups at all in this variation. Wow that makes this an incredibly bad MU for SR Takeda seeing this now. However Ronin has a wakeup to watch out for.

I also forgot to mention in my other post that you want to be careful when throwing out pokes. It's okay to punish Takeda's pokes with your own pokes, but if he knows you're going to throw one out in neutral he can whiff punish it with an NJP for about 28% damage meterless. Takeda's NJP's are probably one of his scariest normals; be careful if you try to punish this move.

I think the last thing I need to share with you is his kunai pressure in SR and Lasher. Almost every SR Takeda will do this midscreen: B2,1, Kunai and B2 Kunai which is overhead to low mixups. Obviously you can backdash a Kunai for Freeee!!!!!! But you can't whiff punish a regular kunai as far as I know. After backdashing kunai's you can throw your Sai's until you get your stamina back and then run in after you hit him with a Sai or when he whiffs a whip normal.

I think that covers all of it except the pseudo unblockable in Shirai Ryu which takes practice to learn how to block. But if you don't let him set it up, you don't have to worry about it right? ;)
Well, against most of the EX kunai blockstring setups, I believe you can jump away and throw a sai in the air to avoid getting hit by the overhead, low unblockable.

I believe that covers all of it. When you post about your tournament win, can you tag me in it? I want to see how well you will perform.