What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Lasher and SR keep his 25f OH
Ronin's OH is nerfed, now it has 20f startup
It's nerf to be more fuzzyable, so Takeda can't just throw out his OH off random plus frame anymore. However Ronin's OH is pretty unreactable
Idk about that that OH feel reactable the real problem I had with it post patch was the animation slow down that caused me to block low too early and get hit by the OH

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, how is SR/Lasher doing post patch?

I've been gone a long time (since PC support was officially announced as canceled) so I've missed the numerous patches and meta shifts that have occurred since, but when I left I was labbing a little SR and had planned to learn him.. I came back recently with and have been kerfoodling around on a few different characters, trying to find who I wanted to play and on a whim I chose SR today vs a buddy of mine and played for around an hour. We are both bad and newly returned to the game, but it was still fun and I mopped him pretty effectively. So, my interest in Takeda in general has been kinda re-piqued.

How does he fair in SR and Lasher? I remember when I left Lasher was one of those variations that were considered essentially useless, that doesn't seem to be the case now...is one particularly better than the other? Is there any reason to learn them both? How do they both sit post patch? I don't mean like an exact tier list or any, but are they low, mid or high?

Just trying to get a feel for then. Ronin seems really interesting, but the whips are what make me like Takeda, so from a personal preference perspective (that's hard to say fyi) I just prefer SR and then idea of Lasher (I know diddly fuck about Lasher)

So, how is SR/Lasher doing post patch?

I've been gone a long time (since PC support was officially announced as canceled) so I've missed the numerous patches and meta shifts that have occurred since, but when I left I was labbing a little SR and had planned to learn him.. I came back recently with and have been kerfoodling around on a few different characters, trying to find who I wanted to play and on a whim I chose SR today vs a buddy of mine and played for around an hour. We are both bad and newly returned to the game, but it was still fun and I mopped him pretty effectively. So, my interest in Takeda in general has been kinda re-piqued.

How does he fair in SR and Lasher? I remember when I left Lasher was one of those variations that were considered essentially useless, that doesn't seem to be the case now...is one particularly better than the other? Is there any reason to learn them both? How do they both sit post patch? I don't mean like an exact tier list or any, but are they low, mid or high?

Just trying to get a feel for then. Ronin seems really interesting, but the whips are what make me like Takeda, so from a personal preference perspective (that's hard to say fyi) I just prefer SR and then idea of Lasher (I know diddly fuck about Lasher)
They faired pretty well in the patch SR is still pretty good and Lasher is the goat right now. Lasher big buff that turned him from shit tier to good was the addition of his whip jump normal and the glorious d+f1 may it be blessed which help you punish a lot of things that Takeda normally can't. I personally think Lasher is better than SR after his nerf but all those are pretty much down to opinions at this point SR is good to deal with character that can outzone and keep Takeda out( sektor,Shinnok, Predator etc) and Lasher can deal with the others as good as SR. Ronin on the other hand is now the weakest variation and there is no point in playing it If you re using the other 2 variations already

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
They faired pretty well in the patch SR is still pretty good and Lasher is the goat right now. Lasher big buff that turned him from shit tier to good was the addition of his whip jump normal and the glorious d+f1 may it be blessed which help you punish a lot of things that Takeda normally can't. I personally think Lasher is better than SR after his nerf but all those are pretty much down to opinions at this point SR is good to deal with character that can outzone and keep Takeda out( sektor,Shinnok, Predator etc) and Lasher can deal with the others as good as SR. Ronin on the other hand is now the weakest variation and there is no point in playing it If you re using the other 2 variations already
Much appreciated! I'll check out some Lasher tonight.