What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Community: Possible Suggested Improvements

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Making F3 special cancellable (with the necessary adjustments to make that fair, such as adjusting the startup/recovery frames if need be) would honestly solve a lot of problems and automatically make Takeda much more of a threat. It would remove the need to play such a gimmicky style in the neutral game.

I'd be curious to see what effect that would have vs. making 100 fixes to minor annoyances.
It has the same startup as F1 and F2. It would lead to slightly more damage in some situations and give a bigger reward for whiff punishing, but I can't think of much else it would effect. TPC frames aren't currently calcuable with F3, so I can't really speak on that. It would significantly help Ronin's situational meterless damage, though.

EDIT: I didn't see the stuff about adjusting the move in response to making it cancellable.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I'm calling bs on this. If characters like Kung Lao and Ermac are allowed to have 30%+ meterless combos from anywhere on the screen as long as they make contact, Takeda should have devastating bullshit as well.
What's bs about it? The second hit of air spear didn't scale. It was a bug. They fixed it.
I don't like their damage either. A raw damage buff is not what Takeda needs, though.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
What's bs about it? The second hit of air spear didn't scale. It was a bug. They fixed it.
I don't like their damage either. A raw damage buff is not what Takeda needs, though.
Yeah he doesn't but i was thinking here, isn't kinda odd the way we have to do his meterless combos in Ronin and Lasher?

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Read the salt man, read the salt! Takeda's design seems to be one giant bug. Why can't we at least keep the good bugs?

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
@aieches :

I think there are some things about Takeda that you don't understand. thats ok as getting into the character took me quite a while too.

you say that njp wreck you? - the answer is easy! just use instant airteleport and hitconfirm into a full combo. It may seem difficult at first, but with some practise you might be able to pull it off every now and then. I can do it pretty consistantly!

Anything else you have problem with? I am sure, I can help out! takeda has an answer for everything!

Or are NJP his only weakness you think? We can discuss these further!
How long have you been playing takeda and who do you spar against?

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
F12+24 is not a true blockstring and 334 who the fuck is gonna use that for what?
I know more than anybody about the character and all he needs is that True Blockstring (make people block) that's why Kotal kahn in not that great because he doesn't have true blockstring now if you give KK true blockstrings he'd top 5 for sure.
Is this why you dropped him for cassie? Cause he's so good?

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Instead of making the kunais jail, why not make his teleport cancel like 2 or 3 frames faster? Then opponents will have the chance to guess by doing an armored move but then you can also teleport cancel to make everything safe and punish their armored move.
This would improve the block advantage,making b2 tc, b21 tc, and f12 2+4 (before the 4 hits) tc safe on block, perfect for baiting armored attacks.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Instead of making the kunais jail, why not make his teleport cancel like 2 or 3 frames faster? Then opponents will have the chance to guess by doing an armored move but then you can also teleport cancel to make everything safe and punish their armored move.
This would improve the block advantage,making b2 tc, b21 tc, and f12 2+4 (before the 4 hits) tc safe on block, perfect for baiting armored attacks.
I'd be down for this personaly but I can see people thinking about lasher also as to why to opt for kunais.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
I'd be down for this personaly but I can see people thinking about lasher also as to why to opt for kunais.
In Lasher, anything into db2 is safe and is a true blockstring. Only kunglao and reptile can punish db2. Lasher as of right now is the only variation with Takeda that has all true blockstrings. Lasher doesn't really need to use the kunai as a low since he has a better one, which is db2, which the ex version you can confirm into a full combo after.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I think that move gets better armor if you do it in the air.
IDK tbh, i don't like this move on the ground cuz sometimes you have to guess when they will throw a projectile, some of them have a faster recover and you take a serious risk to get a full combo punishment. IMO this armor is kinda useless when it's done in the ground.

Last edited:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
IDK tbh, i don't like this move on the ground cuz sometimes you have to guess when they will throw a projectile, some of them have a faster recover and you take a serious risk to get a full combo punishment. IMO this armor is kinda useless when it's done in the ground.
I think that move, whether you do it in the air or on the ground, is still a big risk. I think you have the armor for it all the way up until you hit if you do it the air but then again Takeda's armor feels random at times. I've used it a few times in lasher and ronin, but it still sucks.

Last edited:
tornado kick is the worst. i agree with someone saying the normal version should get a pop up and leave the armor on the ex. either that or give it priority over everything except other ex moves. i hate losing games kicking over someones projectile only to have them jump punch me out of the air and get a full punish.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I think that move, whether you do it in the air or on the ground, is still a big risk. I think you have the armor for it all the way up until you hit if you do it the air but then again Takeda's armor feels random at times. I've used it a few times in lasher and ronin, but it still sucks.
Me too, his entire armored moves are bad but DF1 of Ronin is more decent, the way Tornado Kick flows is so odd, i think this move is unnecessary to be very honest.

tornado kick is the worst. i agree with someone saying the normal version should get a pop up and leave the armor on the ex. either that or give it priority over everything except other ex moves. i hate losing games kicking over someones projectile only to have them jump punch me out of the air and get a full punish.
Yeah but idk man, id rather if they fix his most useful moves than Tornado Strike, it is really bad and risky.

Me too, his entire armored moves are bad but DF1 of Ronin is more decent, the way Tornado Kick flows is so odd, i think this move is unnecessary to be very honest.

Yeah but idk man, id rather if they fix his most useful moves than Tornado Strike, it is really bad and risky.

totally agree. dont get me started on his ex whip flurry where half of the whips dont even connect sometimes and the last hit which is a pop up goes right through there body and they land right next to you.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
totally agree. dont get me started on his ex whip flurry where half of the whips dont even connect sometimes and the last hit which is a pop up goes right through there body and they land right next to you.
Takeda is one of the most inconsistent characters of the game, i have a lot of experience with him and sometimes i don't know how something whiffs or connect, he looks kinda poorly made...