What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Community: Possible Suggested Improvements

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I think, the hitbox of his NJP should be adjusted as its range is far further than it could possibly be meant to be.
Apart from that Takeda is fine, I think!

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I got it. You ain't interested in an open discussion. You just want to keep on ranting without being disturbed, so people and NRS keep on sleeping on Takeda. I just want to let the world know that I disagree with your buff demands. And there are many people that agree with me. Just have a look:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
All this is wrong.
Takeda just need true block strings that's all he needs.
True. Guess that's why it is called 'true' blockstring.

Again: There is nothing that Takeda can't deal with and his damage is huge. Guessing right leads to big damage... I really don't see what his disadvantages shall be. There is nothing he couldn't work around! I do agree that some other characters are better in certain aspects of the game (e.g. mixup, blockstrings, and so on). Takeda on the other hand is a "complete package" and could be strong in a competitive enviorment too.

@StealthyMuffin : Could YOU please get out if you got nothing to contribute?

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
True. Guess that's why it is called 'true' blockstring.

Again: There is nothing that Takeda can't deal with and his damage is huge.28% meterless Guessing right leads to big damagetWhy guess? His normals are 20 frames... I really don't see what his disadvantages shall be.Plz There is nothing he couldn't work around!Pressure I do agree that some other characters are better in certain aspects of the game (e.g. mixup, blockstrings, and so on). Takeda on the other hand is a "complete package" and could be strong in a competitive enviorment too.

@StealthyMuffin : Could YOU please get out if you got nothing to contribute?

Tweedy

Noob
Just do yourselves a favor and drop this character
You actually beat me in the ESL in the first preseason tournament with Takeda I think. Ironically I don't remember beating you on ranked until you switched to Kung Jin(or was it raiden? dunno).

Takeda is fun. What's even cooler than using him is watching really good Takeda players. Sadly it looks like in his current state he won't be tournament viable.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
28%? More like 31%, but the damage comes from using meter of course. Every knockdown is an ex Kunai setup too. Man, you must feel as wrong as m2dave after finding out that Tremor is not abysmal!

Besides of that, buffing Takeda any further would ruin online play too. If the lag is like really high, I switch to Takeda already for easy wins. Nothing I am proud of, just saying. This would get even worse.

StealthyMuffin

28%? More like 31%, but the damage comes from using meter of course. Every knockdown is an ex Kunai setup too. Man, you must feel as wrong as m2dave after finding out that Tremor is not abysmal!

Besides of that, buffing Takeda any further would ruin online play too. If the lag is like really high, I switch to Takeda already for easy wins. Nothing I am proud of, just saying. This would get even worse.
Maaan. Never give up the troll, dude. That stuff was waaay too obvious. You had me goin' there for a minute, though. Good stuff. You even went through the trouble of hacking Gross' account.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
All this is wrong.
I can kind of agree.

The concept of takeda is correct, I just think they are missing a few things to make him the character I THINK they wanted him to be.

A few true blockstrings would help definitely. A buff on his jab hitbox or d1 hitbox for consistent anti airs. That and combos from ex kunai in the corner.

gross

Noob
I can kind of agree.

The concept of takeda is correct, I just think they are missing a few things to make him the character I THINK they wanted him to be.

A few true blockstrings would help definitely. A buff on his jab hitbox or d1 hitbox for consistent anti airs. That and combos from ex kunai in the corner.
No,he don't need anything else just true blockstrings.

st9rm

viennality.com
All this is wrong.
his f214 is a true blockstring, same as his 334
the only buffs he needs /in my opinion), is faster startup for his ex fist flurry aswell as faster startup for his b1 (in order to be able to anti air properly)
while we're at it, why not adjust his njp range and increase his teleport cancel advantage, right @jokey77 :DOGE?

StealthyMuffin

his f214 is a true blockstring, same as his 334
the only buffs he needs /in my opinion), is faster startup for his ex fist flurry aswell as faster startup for his b1 (in order to be able to anti air properly)
while we're at it, why not adjust his njp range and increase his teleport cancel advantage, right @jokey77 :DOGE?
That would be amazing.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I think, the hitbox of his NJP should be adjusted as its range is far further than it could possibly be meant to be.
Apart from that Takeda is fine, I think!
sorry but Takeda njp needs to be adjusted. its pretty much a given. what use is range when half of the whip doesnt seem to have a hitbox/active frames.. id gladly take less range for a better visible read on the njp - like seriously.. NRS could take away his whip njp and just give him a normal punch njp and it would actually be better.

same time , face to face with -soo much range how many have said- takedas njp loses to ANYBODY with a double handed njp ( raiden, quch , etc) it also loses to ermac, scorpion, sonya, kung jin, predator, jason, kitana, erron black, shinnok.. and prob a few others i forgot.. now the point is not the fact that he loses this njp match up- its how he loses - it should not whiff as much as it does. everyone says oh takeda has soooo much range yet why does he lose these njp match ups if indeed he has the better range? truth is he doesnt.. VISUALLY YES.. but TRUTHFULLY he doesnt... the time is takes for the njp whips to engage and become active along side the deap spots in the whips hurts what advantages you have because of range

so here you have someone who is pretty much very dependent on his njp game..i say more so than at least half of the other cast .. yet we have instances when we make the right call to njp and an opponent can just float though as if nothing has happened and then get an easy 30%

you talk about reads, but reads go both ways .. if i read that someone is going to jump and then what happens in Steathlys video happens to me, it becomes aggravating.. cause, had i mad the same read with Quan chi , they'd be in vortex and i still be on my offensive.

But its whatever really..fix or no fix. NRS at this point can even nerf him and id still be a takeda main ... if they fix his gaps and give attention to some of his whip moves ill be greatful but how much can you fight the mob right?

food for thought- Kitana can njp a crouching opponent more consistently than that of takedas.
the hitbox on Quan Chi's and Raidens njp so far more devastating and consistent vs Takedas both jumping and descending.
yet takeda has more "range" cause of whips??

also this above was only about his njp but then there are times like this

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=64202B57E1431F8F!325&authkey=!ACXY14x1L1gHDm8&ithint=video,mp4

now although this can be user adjusted to make the timing work.. visually there should be zero reason why this didnt connect . but its not.. its just something we have to deal with/ adapt to.. the thing about this is if you dont play as takeda seriously, all these things get over looked as "shit happens".. yeah shit happens... but not when something this minuscule could the difference between 1st & 2nd place.
people think takeda mains are just bitching for buffs but you be surprised how much a takeda that plays fairly decently is actually consistently adapting

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
"Takeda on the other hand is a "complete package" -
also false

Takeda is a debatable, but most likely soild mid tier with a few holes with how he stands now.. ( if youre into tiers ) and with some of these adjustments requested, only then would he' d prob be one of the most balanced- im talking about SR .. Ronin and lashers dont really seem to have full representation yet as alot of takeda mains are still trying to find their comfort zone with them.

Erron Black, Raiden, Kung lao, Kitana ( give or take), Jax, Scorpion, Cassie, are all more closer to being the "complete package" if there was such a thing..

and no im not compiling complete with tiers -.

Last edited: