What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

:mad::mad::mad::mad:;)
The T800 has bested 1 T800, 2 T1000, 1 TX on screen. What has the T1000 accomplished?
Terminator fan here.

The T-800 is notorious for being one of the hardest machines to "kill" permanently because they specialized in learning and unorthodox tactics, this allows them to keep up with their technically more powerful successors such as the T-1000 and prevented them from being discontinued despite being "obsolete". They are even prized by some human resistance fighters who try to capture one "alive" so they can reprogram it to their side.

The T-800 series also enjoys heavy metal. That's not a joke, the comics show the human resistance find a list heavy metal bands in their database. Might explain why they always seem to go for leather jackets, cycles and sungalsses, they favor the biker punk look as their disguise.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Terminator fan here.

The T-800 is notorious for being one of the hardest machines to "kill" permanently because they specialized in learning and unorthodox tactics, this allows them to keep up with their technically more powerful successors such as the T-1000 and prevented them from being discontinued despite being "obsolete". They are even prized by some human resistance fighters who try to capture one "alive" so they can reprogram it to their side.

The T-800 series also enjoys heavy metal. That's not a joke, the comics show the human resistance find a list heavy metal bands in their database. Might explain why they always seem to go for leather jackets, cycles and sungalsses, they favor the biker punk look as their disguise.
I thought I read somewhere that T1000s like impersonating authority figures, but I can't remember where I read that or what the reasoning behind it was.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I think the reasoning is they get more control and access without blowing their cover. Like a stranger asks you to let them in, you can deny them. A cop asks you to let them in, you let them in.
Right. On another note, I feel like they might be trying to go with more of the original idea of an everyman for the new Terminator in Dark Fate. Lance Henriksen was Cameron's original choice for the Terminator, and Gabriel Luna gives me that same sort of average joe vibes in terms of unassuming looks.

Also, I think it'd be hilarious if they gave Noob a Gabriel Luna premiere skin.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Terminator fan here.

Thank you for this post

Arnold himself hasn’t officially said anything and it’s only been one website so we’ll see :( Regardless whether he does the voice, at least they got his face spot on. I’m still going to play him because it’s the damn Terminator in MK.
Looks like his voice won't be used based on the new thread here. It would've been great if he actually voiced the Terminator, but it's not hard to impersonate his voice. I'm sure NRS will get somebody that sounds very very close!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Looks like his voice won't be used based on the new thread here. It would've been great if he actually voiced the Terminator, but it's not hard to impersonate his voice. I'm sure NRS will get somebody that sounds very very close!
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. They're saving up a lot by hiring someone to do impressions tbh.

S+ Main

Noob
This is the only time I have been really excited for a character in mk apart from shao, and its the terminator