What's new

Breakthrough - Sub-Zero SZ 4Oct patch thread.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Cool. What kind of damage are we looking at with Cryo from a raw command grab into EN Hammer?

Lokheit

Noob
Also worth noting, cancelling the grab into hammer now is "easier" (before if you pressed a button before the DB2 input, it wouldn't come out).

EX Bomb is better now but doesn't launch as high as I though. In most situations for Cryo Hammer is still the way to go even if the damage dropped a bit. The only situation where EX Bomb is better is in the corner if you cancel into it from a string or the command grab as there you can connect a B2 into combo.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
f42 ex hammer doesnt work anymore
his whiff punish damage got nerfed a shit tonne
Have to f4 ice ball to whiff punish now
meterless doing about 28%
1 bar 33%
probably never worth spending bar on f4

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@Jeffrey Wolf , try this following combo:

B12xxAura, B12xxEN Burst, EN Aura, B2, B2(If it can connect), 242, 123xxEN Slide, Dash back, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst.

Lokheit

Noob
f42 ex hammer doesnt work anymore
his whiff punish damage got nerfed a shit tonne
Have to f4 ice ball to whiff punish now
meterless doing about 28%
1 bar 33%
probably never worth spending bar on f4
I figured you wouldn't like the compensations changes. To be honest the whole mindset is changed (he seems to be less of a punisher now and more of an offensive character).

Meterless after any iceball midscreen try this: F122, NJP, F122, B12xxGrabxxHammer (you can even run under after the NJP with the new speed on F1). From a B2 he can still get to 30 midscreen but only after a JIP (mostly when you get the knockdown before).

The new gameplan after knockdown will probably play around staggering jabes, pokes or F12 after the JIP and inserting the grab at some point (you can still go for the 50/50 of course).

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Btw, F12 seems to require "faster" input in all variations, if I'm too relaxed when doing it the second hit won't come (like with 11 for example).

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Btw, Unbreakable corner damage will be the same. It's midscreen that has been taken to a whole new level.

Lokheit

Noob
Oh man, the GM corner juggles.... eazy mode triggered, d1 d1 comes really smooth, gotta try against females.
Btw, Unbreakable corner damage will be the same. It's midscreen that has been taken to a whole new level.
Examples? I'm getting the same 33-34 meterless combos as before.

Lokheit

Noob
Also, GM BUG where he can't use EX Klone from B12 on hit if he switches his stance is still there...

This was a well documented bug >.<

Gilbagz

Joker here~
I figured you wouldn't like the compensations changes. To be honest the whole mindset is changed (he seems to be less of a punisher now and more of an offensive character).

Meterless after any iceball midscreen try this: F122, NJP, F122, B12xxGrabxxHammer (you can even run under after the NJP with the new speed on F1). From a B2 he can still get to 30 midscreen but only after a JIP (mostly when you get the knockdown before).

The new gameplan after knockdown will probably play around staggering jabes, pokes or F12 after the JIP and inserting the grab at some point (you can still go for the 50/50 of course).
yeah he's completely different
going to have to rebuild how i play the character
also b2 midscreen is ass
you only get f42 slide since the b2 doesnt launch as high on crouching
Edit: NVM combo feels tighter, might just be hurtbox issues

also just realised cmd grab is a high as well

since meter doesnt really pump his damage up anymore
its likely worth it to just save bar for f42 confirms with ex ice ball
and purely to convert off cmd grab when you do make the read

character is completely different
offensive monster sorta
but midscreen he feels much weaker

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
yeah he's completely different
going to have to rebuild how i play the character
also b2 midscreen is ass
you only get f42 slide since the b2 doesnt launch as high on crouching

also just realised cmd grab is a high as well

since meter doesnt really pump his damage up anymore
its likely worth it to just save bar for f42 confirms with ex ice ball
and purely to convert off cmd grab when you do make the read

character is completely different
offensive monster sorta
but midscreen he feels much weaker
You can still connect the grab after a B2runF42 (still crappy damage though, but a bit more than with slide and you get the hammer for momentum).

Grabs are generally crouchable yes (or you can backdash on tickthrows). You need to play mind games jailing into stuff they can't avoid so they don't know if it's a risk to release block.

The whole thing plays different now, finally all the people that claimed he was an offensive character are right lol.

EDIT: The damage has dropped, but you can still get to 42% for 1 bar in the corner (not 48% anymore though).

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
This seems silly but it's sort of helping me with the DBF executon: Do the whole combo on the pad but when you have to connect the grab, do a full circle, standind with down, with the joystick. EDIT: Ok not really neccesary, starting to get used to the input xD

Gilbagz

Joker here~
You can still connect the grab after a B2runF42 (still crappy damage though, but a bit more than with slide and you get the hammer for momentum).

Grabs are generally crouchable yes (or you can backdash on tickthrows). You need to play mind games jailing into stuff they can't avoid so they don't know if it's a risk to release block.

The whole thing plays different now, finally all the people that claimed he was an offensive character are right lol.

EDIT: The damage has dropped, but you can still get to 42% for 1 bar in the corner (not 48% anymore though).
the b2 on crouch f42 feels pretty inconsistent right now
drops against particular costumes (drops against blue steel sub for sure)
but worked on ermac

Tested some other chars
definitely char specific
b2 f42 pp doesnt work against sub
works against scorp and ermac

its like 4am here in aus
going to go sleep
but probs going to try test it all this tomorrow night.

Lokheit

Noob
the b2 on crouch f42 feels pretty inconsistent right now
drops against particular costumes (drops against blue steel sub for sure)
but worked on ermac

Tested some other chars
definitely char specific
b2 f42 pp doesnt work against sub
works against scorp and ermac

its like 4am here in aus
going to go sleep
but probs going to try test it all this tomorrow night.
Yeah you're right, I making the AI crouch, it's worse now, probably because the old Cold Blooded was 3 frames faster than the current grab.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Oh man, the GM corner juggles.... eazy mode triggered, d1 d1 comes really smooth, gotta try against females.

Examples? I'm getting the same 33-34 meterless combos as before.
Meterless damage is the same. It's if you spend a bar for EN Burst with Aura on.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
This seems silly but it's sort of helping me with the DBF executon: Do the whole combo on the pad but when you have to connect the grab, do a full circle, standind with down, with the joystick. EDIT: Ok not really neccesary, starting to get used to the input xD
I play Erron Black as like a tertiary and his command grab fucks with me in the neutral, but is no problem mid-combo. That three-direction input just doesn't jive with my brain for some reason. Part of why I love Sun God.

Of course, I find doing true reactionary Slides with Sub-Zero inconsistent on the PS4 pad. Probably gonna get back to using my PS3 pad converter.

Lokheit

Noob
I play Erron Black as like a tertiary and his command grab fucks with me in the neutral, but is no problem mid-combo. That three-direction input just doesn't jive with my brain for some reason. Part of why I love Sun God.

Of course, I find doing true reactionary Slides with Sub-Zero inconsistent on the PS4 pad. Probably gonna get back to using my PS3 pad converter.
Yeah I'm starting to get the trick during combos, executing B1,D2,BF3 instead of trying to slide the DBF while executing B12.