What's new

Breakthrough - Sub-Zero SZ 4Oct patch thread.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm pretty hype that Unbreakable may actually be good now. In any case, I say we wait for the patch to hit and share our thoughts on Unbreakble 2.0 when we can play him.

Lokheit

Noob
Truth is, the more I think about it, the more I think UB is benefiting a lot from the new meta. The parry having less recovery is huge, and technically when used on a string gap or on oki pressure, it counts as an armor launcher (that thing that nobody has now) unless of course they bait the parry.

And you can also beat pressure with an armored launcher, one with a heavy damage scaling but still an armored launcher.

Plus he got safe mini chip jails with the buff to burst and aura burst making it safer. I think the mentality will be to try to end combos on F12 or similar knockdowns ala GM to get a free aura activation and go from there, only using the aura as a combo extender if for some reason you lost it. Having it on in the neutral will be good and using it during combos applies extra damage scaling anyway.

I played Braindead's UB and he really knows how/when to use the parry, these buffs confirm the death of yolo :p

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I think the 8 frames of recovery on Parry is pretty big. Most seem to be more excited about him having the rare armored launcher, which is also much stronger by default... but that Parry recovery is jumping out to me.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm in with the patch! Will update soon with any undocummented change :D

PS: Polar Puncture is DBF3.

PS2: F122 doesn't have the gap that I thought it would have BUT it tick throws on block :D

PS3: 24 doesn't tick throw, would have been really OP to guarantee throw on hit and block lol.

PS4: I'm getting excited, will update everything on a single time for now on xD

PS5: Ok one more, D3 is still 9 frames so only poke that got faster is D1.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm in with the patch! Will update soon with any undocummented change :D

PS: Polar Puncture is DBF3.

PS2: F122 doesn't have the gap that I thought it would have BUT it tick throws on block :D

PS3: 24 doesn't tick throw, would have been really OP to guarantee throw on hit and block lol.

PS4: I'm getting excited, will update everything on a single time for now on xD

PS5: Ok one more, D3 is still 9 frames so only poke that got faster is D1.
WTF? Too long for just a grab? :S

It's like Jax's ground punch.

Lokheit

Noob
WTF? Too long for just a grab? :S

It's like Jax's ground punch.
Every command grab except for Sun God has a similar input. Btw, I like that it's using the "3" kick button because for some strings it could mess with execution if it were "2".

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is how GM should be in the corner. No armor breaking making clone retarded. You have to read the opponent and keep them there yourself. Shoutouts to MK9 Sub corner game.

However, I still wish GM had better strings. I think the run nerf and the armor launcher nerf help GM out though.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
real talk though, is anyone getting 30% 1 bar with the cmd grab - this is key.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Btw, @Lokheit, you said that F12 is only -2? It's listed as much higher in the patch notes. If that's true though, it will be great. Even if not, with the tick throw option, at least there's still some fear on the opponent's end.

Can't wait to try Unbreakable's likely max damage midscreen.

B12~Aura, B12~EN Burst, run, B12~EN Aura, B12~EN Slide, NJP, FJP, B12~Slide =)

Lokheit

Noob
Btw, @Lokheit, you said that F12 is only -2? It's listed as much higher in the patch notes. If that's true though, it will be great. Even if not, with the tick throw option, at least there's still some fear on the opponent's end.

Yeah you're right, the universal one was -2. Current one is -7 so I guess that's why it's a tick throw now, but it still jails into F122 so no gap there.

The combos I posted are pretty much spot on, but you can add a second D1 (maybe more? too few minutes testing lol EDIT: Yeah a third one is possible but the damage is almost the same beacause of the screen round up or round down) in the corner combo for 36%

EDIT: WIth the faster F1 you can F122, NJP, F122, B12xxPPxxHammer for 32. Meterless damage still decent.

Tanno

Let's hope that the 2nd Aura connects. You remember that I couldn't connect the B12 after this.

Tanno

I can't play the hardest combos due of my thumb. Once I get back in action, I'll lab more difficult combos there.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
B12~Aura, B12~EN Burst, run, B12~Ice Ball, NJP, FJP, run, 123~Slide = 39%!!! Are you freakin kidding me?? At this rate Unbreakable will do more damage than Cryo...NRS what have you done...I can already feel the impending nerf hammer.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
What does the launch animation for Frost Bomb look like? More vertical, less horizontal?

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
The number of tics he has is insane! The damage scailing is fair for the resets and the tics man are just so chill B)