What's new

Breakthrough - Sub-Zero SZ 4Oct patch thread.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
@Braindead, at first, I was thinking that having all the variation together would be too much, but if put links to related threads that could help spread it out and be better than the massive, one stop shop guide I was making before. Basically, under the Unbreakable combos put your link to Frame Advantage and Parryable Gaps. What do you think?

Also, we should be dividing labor to make things efficient. Right now I'm looking at of course figuring out combos for Unbreakable and all specials that can't be Parried. Any preference?

Jeffrey Wolf

Okay, wow, I just took that principle you guys were talking about of using D1 between the B12s and just got even higher NJP damage for Unbreakable. Now it's:

NJP, B12, D1, B12~Slide = 28%

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@Braindead, at first, I was thinking that having all the variation together would be too much, but if put links to related threads that could help spread it out and be better than the massive, one stop shop guide I was making before. Basically, under the Unbreakable combos put your link to Frame Advantage and Parryable Gaps. What do you think?

Also, we should be dividing labor to make things efficient. Right now I'm looking at of course figuring out combos for Unbreakable and all specials that can't be Parried. Any preference?
Nah the combos thread is just combos. No need for gaps or frame advantage. The Unbreakable guide should have everything in detail, but combos is the place anyone wants to quickly check out the combos. Not all variations have guides so there should be a good combo thread that has it all.

Jeffrey Wolf

Nah the combos thread is just combos. No need for gaps or frame advantage. The Unbreakable guide should have everything in detail, but combos is the place anyone wants to quickly check out the combos. Not all variations have guides so there should be a good combo thread that has it all.
Fair enough. We should still pool efforts though. Are you working on Unbreakable combos? If not, I will. If so, I'll keep working on Specials that can't be Parried.

Jeffrey Wolf

Yeah I'll do the combos
Awesome. I'll keep working on Special moves then. Already finding some cool stuff. For example, Parry stops the creation of Acidic's DOT puddles. This isn't new info, of course, but because of Parry's sped up recovery it can actually be used now against projectiles. So sweet.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Awesome. I'll keep working on Special moves then. Already finding some cool stuff. For example, Parry stops the creation of Acidic's DOT puddles. This isn't new info, of course, but because of Parry's sped up recovery it can actually be used now against projectiles. So sweet.
It would be awesome if this Ice Parry kould reflect all the projectiles.

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
As a day 1 cryo main... They should take away the b3 tick. It's too much to be guessing off 50/50 strings that lead to big damage.

Tender

Noob
So I went work for 8 hours went home and play for 12 and now back to work but still think of last night and came up with some thoughts. For UB, we are the Klone lol! Without aura combo should always end with f12 to guaranteed have the aura up since having aura and not having aura combo damage isn't that much of a difference and if ur playing with someone good it's too easy for them to poke u unless u want to spend meter witch is precious to us. Second the new frame for burst is super good to end your combo with when u DONT have aura cuz it puts u in a good position to poke after the burst with aura ur now too far away tremor player with a 6f mid will not give a dame of the push back. Also if they know how to poke back the next time you do it ex parry them it jails and if u miss them u can still back dash and jump since recovery is 10 so u have plenty of time. Until u open them up then do the big damage combos. Just a thought. Now bk to work lol!!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I think there is a possibility that GM and Cryomancer are both top ten with Unbreakable not lagging all that far behind.
We'll see how the meta game fares with the new changes. In one tourney we'll see how much far those chars progress.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
We'll see how the meta game fares with the new changes. In one tourney we'll see how much far those chars progress.
I get where you're coming from but tourney results don't really determine how good a character is. How many top placing did Cutthroat, A-List, or Spectral have? Subby boi is really good now.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Unbreakable might actually be the best. Time will tell though.
Considering GM looks like he just got a lot stronger with this patch, I highly doubt it. TBH I don't think subs variation tiers changed at all.
GM
Cryo
UB
What's so great is the fact that they all feel viable right now and sub himself is gonna be a lot higher tier because of it

Jeffrey Wolf

Considering GM looks like he just got a lot stronger with this patch, I highly doubt it. TBH I don't think subs variation tiers changed at all.
GM
Cryo
UB
What's so great is the fact that they all feel viable right now and sub himself is gonna be a lot higher tier because of it
All I know for sure is that UB still beats GM =)

Jeffrey Wolf

Also, I hope everyone thinks the way you do, and only the die hard UB players keep using him. I doubt that will happen though, as he's very viable now.

Does anyone know an optimal combo for raw EX Slide with Aura for Unbreakable?

Aura, EX Slide, NJP, JIP, Run, 123, Slide

Gives 23% or 21% with using Aura mid combo. Is that the highest possible, or is there a way to squeeze out a few more %?