What's new

Match-up Discussion Superman Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

booivi

Good Game :)
Zod seems to be one of Superman's worst matchups. That fast air grab that Zod has is so good against Superman.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Zod is not terribad....Yet. They all love (keep in mind like Raynex said its day 1) the low starter. Block low then high. He has a string which ends in low breath but wtv don't even worry about it.
His walk speed is ass. They rely on air Zod charge to do anything mobility wise. On a blocked Zod charge if F23 doesn't work you can still f2d13 and bait the wakeup and or f2~scoop if they are on autopilot. If they charge the ground laser they have to guess where you'll be to tag you. dash in and block for example, if they charge close ground laser (MB) or even reg version the recovery is enough that you can get in and punish this bitch. You have to be patient with him like you'd be patient with death stroke, same deal. Zod gets raped in the corner just like everyone else

Sent from my iPhone

Can someone help me with the HawkGirl match up? I NEVER play any hawkgirls and just played one from ATL and got destroyed without any idea of what was going on.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Can someone help me with the HawkGirl match up? I NEVER play any hawkgirls and just played one from ATL and got destroyed without any idea of what was going on.
Don't even bother zoning against Hawkgirl, she can outzone you safely. Get in, if you're under her use the airgrab, always try to keep her under pressure but watch out for her d1 when you start using f23 breath.

Don't even bother zoning against Hawkgirl, she can outzone you safely. Get in, if you're under her use the airgrab, always try to keep her under pressure but watch out for her d1 when you start using f23 breath.

What else you got for me? I tried low scoop and she just avoided it and came in. Her pressure is crazy. The tournament just ended so i have to go look at her frame data but are her hits faster then any of Supermans?

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
KDZ Can I interrupt GL's b1 3 Trait xx Missiles with F23?
It's tough to react to, but you can block the B1, backdash the 3, then F23 while he's whiffing. When he whiffs GL cannot cancel into trait so he's a sitting duck. Other than that, you can punish it with a meter. [MB] B3 when he's holding the missiles.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I would say this is a 5-5 but due to Supermans ridiculous corner damage its realistically a 6-4 in Supes favor.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I would say this is a 5-5 but due to Supermans ridiculous corner damage its realistically a 6-4 in Supes favor.
Same. I'm in the 5-5 / 6-4 Supes area. I always try to have at least one bat out to prepare myself for a potential F23 string. Makes it a bit easier for me to get out of F23 pressure. But yeah, that corner damage....

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Bully Superman I've never felt gave Batman a problem, its the Zoning firework show that is more a prob for Bats.

With f23 ice breathe being zero on block now, you can back dash which pretty much avoids all his options unless hes going to try to dash after us or go into lazer show mode, but from that distance those are all risks. I love the metagame with f23 icebreathe, so much risk/reward in this matchup.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Bully Superman I've never felt gave Batman a problem, its the Zoning firework show that is more a prob for Bats.

With f23 ice breathe being zero on block now, you can back dash which pretty much avoids all his options unless hes going to try to dash after us or go into lazer show mode, but from that distance those are all risks. I love the metagame with f23 icebreathe, so much risk/reward in this matchup.
I concur homie. F23 is awesome and everything but a Superman that is trying to close the distance is much easier to fight than one that will try to zone Batman out. As long as I always have a bat out I can initiate my offense by either stuffing the F23 with a bat or waiting for him to finish the string then releasing the bat and beginning my mixups and so forth. However trying to get in on a good zoning Superman is much more of an uphill battle. I think it's 5-5 though

Since I'm still not good at blocking(I'm not too good) I never go close to a batman who starts his j2 combo after a 223. db1 would be the finger.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
It's tough to react to, but you can block the B1, backdash the 3, then F23 while he's whiffing. When he whiffs GL cannot cancel into trait so he's a sitting duck. Other than that, you can punish it with a meter. [MB] B3 when he's holding the missiles.
Should I just mash backdash when I block a b1?

Raynex KDZ guys can you give me some advice on how to approach deathstroke matchup?
i know it is considered in supermans favor, but im really playing fundamentally wrong as it seems. what are the best ways to get in and defend against his high low up close? im having problems with his j3, is it possible to anti air? after that he goes eithet high or low and pushes me back.
also is it possible to punish his low shots with laser? when he is in corner i feel in control, other than that im pretty lost. also ds player is fundamentally better, but i know i can beat him at least 4 times out of 10 if i play correctly

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
As a Deathstroke player, I disagree that it does favor Superman. That shit is a 5-5. DS beats Superman in zoning handily, having ways to beat out lasers so long as he's diligent and doesn't eat an air (MB) laser. The most difficult things about Superman for Deathstroke are simply being on point to take the air away as an option, never letting him have jump lasers or an air dash. Otherwise, Supes just has to move in through the gun shots like any other character does. f23 is of course a scary tool, but Deathstroke has ways around it - including jb2 for a full combo punish, which will reset you back into gun range. You should be doing everything in your power to put DS in a corner, because that's the only place Superman starts to get really frightening in that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.