What's new

Match-up Discussion Superman Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
As a Deathstroke player, I disagree that it does favor Superman. That shit is a 5-5. DS beats Superman in zoning handily, having ways to beat out lasers so long as he's diligent and doesn't eat an air (MB) laser. The most difficult things about Superman for Deathstroke are simply being on point to take the air away as an option, never letting him have jump lasers or an air dash. Otherwise, Supes just has to move in through the gun shots like any other character does. f23 is of course a scary tool, but Deathstroke has ways around it - including jb2 for a full combo punish, which will reset you back into gun range. You should be doing everything in your power to put DS in a corner, because that's the only place Superman starts to get really frightening in that match.
Can you take your reasonable and well thought out explanation and copy pasta into every scrub based superman bitch fest please? Particularly "f23 is scary....ways around it". Don't think that resonates with people yet. Many thanks.

I also feel this is a solid player vs player match. First person to impose his will on the other wins. Obv it starts neutral ,so supes has to work a little harder at first unless he wins the initial gambit but even then, deathstroke can get out and counter. This tends to be one of my favourite matches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

btw i found my ways around ds matchup, and in the end its really about who the better fundamentally player is. i say its 5-5

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I've seen a lot of superman player saying that Hawkgirl Hawkgirl is bad, and they don't know the match up, well... It's a 5-5 match up. If you want some Hawkgirl experience add me EMPEROR_SunFire i would gladly help you

I've ran into a few MMH today, didn't see and problems fighting against him. his moves are unsafe and highly punishable. has anyone recently ran into any problems fighting MMH?

I'm definitely starting to think that MMH will be a slightly bad matchup once people get good at using his trait, since it gives him more ranged options that out-space f23. His teleports also make zoning very unsafe.

honestly, i came online last night and it was like MMH hour on injustice, and i played a few even with the trait his full strings are unsafe and was f23 punishable or even a simple grab punish. i played this other MMH and he didnt do full strings which made him a bit more safe, and did the teleport punch from up top which seems to make him safe(or that i couldnt find a option to punish him with). but i think as he grows it should be a interesting MU.

I will give my opinions on the batgirl and batman

Batman:
with out going so in depth i feel the match is even.

Batman is overwhelming because of jump 2 and the great hit box and with bat pressure it is surely not far from unexpected that this would give superman problems. Like in the batgirl match up practice patience when in a losing situation sometimes you just have to block right for a couple seconds and push block correctly.

Do not defer from the superman vortex ie bullshit batman is not exempt from the bullshit unless he has bats.

Remember to push block bats, as crazy as this sounds superman may need to push block other characters this coupled with the idea that you need to hit batman while he has the bats to lose them should encourage you to find your opportunities to ex eye laser or just hit him anyway you can. remember to block low on wakeup in a non cross up situation and to stand block back 23.

This is all imo based off match experience

I second this. Batman's who rely on Bats to get in become tame once you start push blocking them.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
So I played a first to five casuals with a friend of mine who is a decent batgirl player...check out the vid and let me know what you guys think about the match up...

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
So I played a first to five casuals with a friend of mine who is a decent batgirl player...check out the vid and let me know what you guys think about the match up...
I'd like to say Superman 6-4 over Batgirl, but 1 video doesn't help much...we need more on it. GGs none the less.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can you take your reasonable and well thought out explanation and copy pasta into every scrub based superman bitch fest please? Particularly "f23 is scary....ways around it". Don't think that resonates with people yet. Many thanks.

I also feel this is a solid player vs player match. First person to impose his will on the other wins. Obv it starts neutral ,so supes has to work a little harder at first unless he wins the initial gambit but even then, deathstroke can get out and counter. This tends to be one of my favourite matches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To be fair. Not every character kan jump out of F23...

Any superman players near ATL area to play against? I regularly play against RTD but want to try different styles of supes against Flash. Right now I have it pretty even possibly favoring flash depending on stage select. I am willing to play online, but I literally cannot play Flash the way I play him offline. Let me know on PSN.

xQUANTUMx

Any superman players near ATL area to play against? I regularly play against RTD but want to try different styles of supes against Flash. Right now I have it pretty even possibly favoring flash depending on stage select. I am willing to play online, but I literally cannot play Flash the way I play him offline. Let me know on PSN.
Why don't you try hitting up Theo or Gurimmjaw. Otherwise I can play you if you want. I play a flash on the regular

Team NRF

xQUANTUMx

Any and all is good, but is cali to atl gonna suck connection wise? I got no zoning to fall back on and have to punish strings etc. as Flash so lag is a factor to me.
Don't worry I play flash. I know what he can and can't get away with as well as what is and isn't a frame trap on flash's part.

Also, the Internet is fickle. We could be in the same city and it could be ass, or you could be in Florida playing a Canadian and the connection near flawless.

Add NRF_xQUANTUMx and NRF_Gurimmjaw.
NRF_Everlast also if 2 are not enough.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
So post patch what match-ups to people feel change the most? Ares is an obvious answer since he can duck F2 and a blocked breath now but any others for you guys?

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
So post patch what match-ups to people feel change the most? Ares is an obvious answer since he can duck F2 and a blocked breath now but any others for you guys?

I think most are pretty much the same. I haven't had a problem with any match ups....however Green Lantern gives me trouble now. I don't know if it has to deal with me not knowing the match up now with the new Superman or im not used the F2 range yet.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
I think most are pretty much the same. I haven't had a problem with any match ups....however Green Lantern gives me trouble now. I don't know if it has to deal with me not knowing the match up now with the new Superman or im not used the F2 range yet.
Dude tell me about it. Thats my biggest problem now too. B1 was def a problem before but at least we out ranged him and now we dont. I gotta figure out this matchup fast.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Dude tell me about it. Thats my biggest problem now too. B1 was def a problem before but at least we out ranged him and now we dont. I gotta figure out this matchup fast.

Yeah we all do, but we can't play him like we did before. Relying on zoning in this match up is definitely out of the question now, but there are ways we can still deal with him we just need to relearn this match up with Superman.

How do you feel about the match up vs Hawkgirl now?

xQUANTUMx

Do you guys want to keep this thread going, or do you feel we need a 1.06 post patch superman matchup discussion? let me know.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
Do you guys want to keep this thread going, or do you feel we need a 1.06 post patch superman matchup discussion? let me know.
I mean a new thread might keep it fresh but i dont see a problem with leaving this one up since a decent amount of matchups didnt change too much other than at round start.

Status
Not open for further replies.