What's new

Subzero General Discussion Thread

He seems fine imo; I think Dead of Winter works pretty well as a variation. But, I would like a variation with creeping ice in it. With the track they're on though, it will probably be paired with a move that isn't in a variation yet. So, creeping ice plus rising ice would be cool, plus another one point move.

I'm mostly using it as so far I'm only doing PVE and it's awesome, already squeezed most optimal combos. But combining with Deep Freeze isn't so useful as they overlap and Deep Freeze is 2 slots.

I'd rather have either Rising Ice with Air Axe abd Kreeping Ice for utility or Rising Ice with Ground Freeze or Arctic Trap for setup combos.
rising ice and ground freeze would be a good go to for a variation, hopefully nrs put that into the third tourney legal variation.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
So whats subzero’s gameplan? played him for some matches and all i seemed to be doing was jump in 50/50

am i missing something?

his b2 is godlike for far jumps tho

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Many people are trying to get Subzero nerfed saying he's S tier and shit because they get hit by an unsafe 50/50 smh.
He seems fine imo; I think Dead of Winter works pretty well as a variation.
He definitely doesn't need nerfs.
Ladies and gentlemen, we seem to have located the "Mortal Kombat X Cage forum" of Mortal Kombat 11. LOL.

While f+2 xx EX ice ball is unsafe, the low option, b+3,2, is -6 on block and can be hit-confirmed into EX ice ball. Continue to downplay if you must, but please stop spreading misinformation to any new players who may reading this forum.

So whats subzero’s gameplan? played him for some matches and all i seemed to be doing was jump in 50/50

am i missing something?

his b2 is godlike for far jumps tho
Watch Theo fight Gunshow, who has the best Jax I have seen thus far, in order to understand Sub Zero's basic game plan.

Warning: You may experience severe Mortal Kombat X vibes from all the 50/50 mix ups. LOL.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Ladies and gentlemen, we seem to have located the "Mortal Kombat X Cage forum" of Mortal Kombat 11. LOL.

While f+2 xx EX ice ball is unsafe, the low option, b+3,2, is -6 on block and can be hit-confirmed into EX ice ball. Continue to downplay if you must, but please stop spreading misinformation to any new players who may reading this forum.

Watch Theo fight Gunshow, who has the best Jax I have seen thus far, in order to understand Sub Zero's basic game plan.

Warning: You may experience severe Mortal Kombat X vibes from all the 50/50 mix ups. LOL.

You wanna talk about spreading misinformation? YOU DAVE? Really? lmao

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You wanna talk about spreading misinformation? YOU DAVE? Really? lmao
If you could, please address my point.

How is Sub Zero an unsafe character when one of the options of the 50/50 mix up, which, by the way, are almost nonexistent in this game, is -6 and can be hit-confirmed?

Sub Zero is a top 5 character according to most high level players, yet this forum is desperately trying to convince itself that he is Mortal Kombat 9 Scorpion. LMAO.

Also, to be clear, I am not suggesting the character ought to be nerfed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I literally said the low was safe. lmfao

Secondly, I'm a zoner. I absolutely HATE how sub zero is in this game. I'm just saying it's not some disgustingly broken shit.

How are you sub folk feeling about the reset 50/50's in DoW? Is that good?
(f2 amp ice/b32 ice into jp, b32 (reset) rinse and repeat)

I don't understand why you quoted me here; my post is saying that I think SZ is good.

Braindead

How is Sub Zero an unsafe character when one of the options of the 50/50 mix up, which, by the way, are almost nonexistent in this game, is -6 and can be hit-confirmed?
How is Sub Zero a safe character when one of the options of the 50/50 mix up is full combo punishable?

I guess we just can't call it safe or unsafe. Since each option is each

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

1: B32 low is 13f, f2 OH is 19f. You can fuzzy guard the 50/50.
2: to set up the 50/50, we sacrifice most of our confirmed damage.
3: we don’t need to confirm into ex ice ball off b32. Standard ice ball works just fine.

Braindead

Tbh fuzzying the mix-up isn't a thing because you can just delay the low to hit at the same time.

However some people say they can react to the overhead offline

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Secondly, I'm a zoner. I absolutely HATE how sub zero is in this game. I'm just saying it's not some disgustingly broken shit.
I don't understand why you quoted me here; my post is saying that I think SZ is good.
Tbh fuzzying the mix-up isn't a thing because you can just delay the low to hit at the same time.
I appreciate the honesty.

I am unsure why any players of the currently perceived better characters would be downplaying. The community will find out sooner or later. LOL.