What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Fundamentals with this variation have to be ridiculously solid. I've been fishing for d4 and basically...

- On hit > frame trap run f4 xx ice aura > frame trap 123 xx (frame trap) ice burst/ xx slide on hit.
- On block > walk back, if opponent counter-pokes, whiff punish b2.

Once the opponent starts respecting the frame traps, I'll start going for strike/ throw mix ups.

F33 is a go to string for me. Being fast, advancing, having a low, and -3 if blocked letting Sub ex parry (2f) an immediate response from the opponent.

We really need a guide on IAC/ exIAC frame traps.

WT_Neptune

Praying for Rain
To do b12 ex aura, low mix up, do you have to use two meters to get anything off of this, or is there a low starter that is of some use?

Also, what is the frame data on b1/b12/b12 aura/b12 ex aura? This string seems to be the foundation of this freaking variation. Does the b12 frame data lend to a [b12 aura xx 11 ice ball frame trap/b12 njp/b12 crossup punch/b12 ice parry/b12 ex aura (insert mixup here)/b12 xx throw] cascade of options?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I am a reptile main but I am learning Sub-Zero. I didn't see this in the meterless corner combo section...so I thought I would post it here.

(Corner only) B2-B2-242-112=34% pretty easy to land IMO plus a hard knockdown.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I am a reptile main but I am learning Sub-Zero. I didn't see this in the meterless corner combo section...so I thought I would post it here.

(Corner only) B2-B2-242-112=34% pretty easy to land IMO plus a hard knockdown.
B2-B2-242-123-Slide is equal dificulty (both need to connect the "1" after the launchers) and 36% HKD

The OP is outdated, Tom doesn't post too much and he's focused on the clone (can't blame him UB is far from even slightly decent), there is a combo thread containing more recent combos.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Is anyone else using Unbreakable ad nauseum in the EO beta? I'm not finding many differences in his gameplay, if any. I'll list what I know for sure.

- Parry does not recover upon receiving projectiles.
- Parry still loses to jump ins.
- Damage scaling using aura mid combo has not been adjusted (jip, b12 xx aura, b12 xx ice ball, jip, 242, run 1, f42 xx slide - 32% still).
- MB aura damage reduction has not been adjusted (throws deal 8% while MB aura is active).

Subjectively, I feel like I'm doing good damage and landing a lot of parries. Maybe I'm grasping the variation/ character, or maybe it's a product of the amazing netcode.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Yeah, I had hoped that multiple auras would extend the combo. Sadly no. Nice mix-up video though! Do you know what your plus frames are after B1,2 Aura? Just wondering if it's the same, worse, or better than what you can do in Cryomancer after a restand grab, EN Iceball, jip, B1, 2.

Have you guys tried this tech? activating aura multiple times in a single combo.

Its a good idea actually. But the reason multiple auras are probably not used is bc off of 1 mix up you can get upwards of 50% damage mid-screen for 1 bar or 60% in the corner. But this does give me some ideas.

this video actually made me a little depressed lol. If you try to do 2 auras in a b12 combo the character AUTO BLOCKS what should be a combo.

So basically you do B12 xx Aura xx B12 xx freeze ~ step back ice burst. Run up to continue combo ~ B12 xx EX Aura into another B12 or any other string and the character blocks. Smh

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Yeah, I had hoped that multiple auras would extend the combo. Sadly no. Nice mix-up video though! Do you know what your plus frames are after B1,2 Aura? Just wondering if it's the same, worse, or better than what you can do in Cryomancer after a restand grab, EN Iceball, jip, B1, 2.
its not my video, found it on youtube.

I,ll try this tech tomorrow and see what else can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.