What's new

Guide Sub-Zero official combo/Bnb/punish thread

Seapeople

This one's for you
Sooo I managed to bump Sub Zero's highest damage up to 61% by taking advantage of the first hit bonus in order to use four bars :)
Starting with three bars...
Ex clone with your back to the corner, crossover jip (first hit bonus) b12~slide, (b1)2, 214~Xray = 61%

I think it's possible to get around 71% by using the first hit bonus with the corner reset vs Sheeva. I don't know if toasty boost combos can even push Sub's damage higher than that :)

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Hai Guise....sub v reptile.....go

I'm free to this reptilian bastard...can't Zone him, 2 whiffs on his shit....what do?

;-)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sooo I managed to bump Sub Zero's highest damage up to 61% by taking advantage of the first hit bonus in order to use four bars :)
Starting with three bars...
Ex clone with your back to the corner, crossover jip (first hit bonus) b12~slide, (b1)2, 214~Xray = 61%

I think it's possible to get around 71% by using the first hit bonus with the corner reset vs Sheeva. I don't know if toasty boost combos can even push Sub's damage higher than that :)
Now if only we could make it guaranteed! :p

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I didn't mean to sound short. I seriously think each character needs a page... so its easier to find. Especially since Tom has put together so many good vids for almost 90% of the characters you'll face in tourney.
We should start this. I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

swagswagswagswag

Although, could be some useful anti-breaker tech. And it's really not that strict timing wise. I've even done it online.

And yes, you can do this with your back to the corner and follow up with 214~??? after the D2 but it's very very strict.

ryublaze

Noob
swagswagswagswag

Although, could be some useful anti-breaker tech. And it's really not that strict timing wise. I've even done it online.

And yes, you can do this with your back to the corner and follow up with 214~??? after the D2 but it's very very strict.

swag

Seapeople

This one's for you
So d4 is a decent AA against unexpected crossups. I think Tom has mentioned that d4~ex freeze could be worth using....has anyone tried that?
A guy that I play with has been able to do d4, 212~slide which is pretty sweet.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Didn't airjoa from chile do something like that? His sub was v different from others I've seen (while ago)

THEE ODINSON

ODINSON
swagswagswagswag

Nice

rEs4ge

Noob
Hey,
I'm pretty new (just picked up MK9 last night) trying out these combos 2,2,ice blast,NJP,B1,2,2,1,2,slide= 10 hits(30%)
How do you execute the 'ice blast, NJP' I'm assuming you have to move forward/dash towards after the ice blast?

Thanks a lot.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
you can step or dash, but it shouldn't be necessary. Just jump straight up(neutral jump) after the ice blast and use 1 or 2 on the way down to pop them up.