What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I see that TYM courtesy is alive and well in the Sub0 forum...:rolleyes:
The irony of this is cringe worthy. My friend, you didn't bother to look for the combo thread despite it being less than a half-page scroll below the thread you posted in, asking is we had one. For a double dose of that same flavor of irony, a dude posted about the mutual respect the SZ community has for each other and new comers. Right after that comment, we're judged as discourteous based on an isolated incident where you were in the wrong. And I admitted it was a joke. Gotta grow some thicker skin if you're gonna hang out in the frigid temps of the SZ forums :p

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
100% use Cryo vs. D'Vorah. Between the meterless freeze off b33 and the safe jump armor shred tech, I think he even wins that MU.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
Any thoughts on how to approach the Quan Chi/ Dvorah matchups?
I have a few videos of me playing against two of the characters main representitives with Grandmaster. I'll post the links in a sec

Online sucks and I wasnt playing my best, but this should give an example how the MU can be played.

Vs. Shujinkydink Had bad start but ended up winning 10-2.. start around 51:00: http://www.twitch.tv/shujinkydink/v/17335910

Vs. Honeybee starts around 3 hour mark

Hope this helps

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Ah so the means of approach for those matchups is actually spam the shit out of the clone,overhead and that op safe armored launcher db1 as usual since there's jack shit they can do about it. Got it.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
Ah so the means of approach for those matchups is actually spam the shit out of the clone,overhead and that op safe armored launcher db1 as usual since there's jack shit they can do about it. Got it.
Perfect. You got it. Would you like to see some Matches against Johnny next time?

M.D.

Well, if you have any against a stunt double johnny that is actualy believing he can do something about it, because he read the SD forums, and then gets destroyed 10-0, sure, I'd like to watch them :D

M.D.

Losing to a character and finding one particularly annoying is a different thing.
But, back to the point, I'm pretty sure that it will become less annoying if I had more match-up experience against him.

The main thing that started this is that after I read countless posts that Quan is a good matchup vs GM, I got to watch Shujinkydink (who I knew to be one of the top Quans out there) getting destroyed the same as any other character with clone corner traps and safe ex db1 and unpunishable overheads.

So obviously I couldn't resist to flame a bit ^_^

M.D.

Of course I'm not saying the character won it for you, I can clearly see you play at a high level. But the match felt a bit onesided character wise as well, contrary to what everyone is saying about the matchup.

Also, b2 humanly unpunishable, since in all tournaments I rarely see people punish it.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm almost certain you can reversal shadow kick a blocked b2. Probably more than that, check the b2 punish sticky.

DT Tundra

Steam Name:Tundra_Arctos Twitter: @tundraarctos
I have a few videos of me playing against two of the characters main representitives with Grandmaster. I'll post the links in a sec

Online sucks and I wasnt playing my best, but this should give an example how the MU can be played.

Vs. Shujinkydink Had bad start but ended up winning 10-2.. start around 51:00: http://www.twitch.tv/shujinkydink/v/17335910

Vs. Honeybee starts around 3 hour mark

Hope this helps
This is perfect,thanks. My main issue with the matchup is a few clone cancels are punishable by normal trance and dealing with his NJP.

Last edited:

M.D.

Ah, no, this wasn't the discussion, yes, shadow kick always works against b2 if you're on point.

The main point I ragingly started in the discussion was that GM players rant about Quan being a bad matchup.
On D'Vorah side I agree, clone is borderline useless, I watched the videos from RagingRicans and he mainly used Sub's generic tools to win instead.

P.s. also, forgot to mention that broken j1 in the intial list > : )

h, no, this wasn't the discussion, yes, shadow kick always works against b2 if you're on point.
Then whats the point of crying about "unpunishable" b2 when you openly admit to being able to ALWAYS punish it with shadowkick? Tom made an entire thread listing what moves the whole cast can use to punish a blocked b2.

Basically your post is a high-pitched whine from a child that desperatly wants something his skill wont let him achieve.

Bottom line, wipe your salty tears, go in the lab and figure it out.

M.D.

Umm..figure what out? Do you have an already typed post to copy/paste in these cases?

I didn't want to turn this into a back and forth discussion about random crap, I was actually talking about the matchups.
And yes, b2 is one of the best moves in the game, unreactable, unpunishable by more than half the cast, and for the other, you have to be on point. In the biggest tourneys on this site, people seldom punish b2.

M.D.

Yes.
I am also the one that gets all the flak and infractions trying to stop sub zero downplaying and not being too succesful at it.

And the original discussion started from the "nerf quan chi" thread where most of the complainers were Subzero players. The only thing I said is GM is as effective as ever even against Quan, and the fact that those people should stop downplaying GM. With the video above proving my point.