What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Plinking, does that method still trigger interactables? I used that a lot after Cryo f122 and ended up missing a lot of conversions so I just got gud instead.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Plinking is "piano linking." A method of button inputting on fight sticks loosely similar to hitting a sequence/ row of piano keys. Street Fighter games make better use of it to hit very small windows, like reversals or wake ups. For example, you want wake up shoryuken, you input f, d, df + and then all piano link or strum across all three punch buttons instead of just one, tripling your chance of getting the dragon punch because you hit 3 different frames of opportunity.

Here in MKX, it's basically strumming your finger across both punch buttons while doing a neutral jump, effectively doubling your chances of getting njp to come out.

seakaybe

Noob
Plinking is "piano linking." A method of button inputting on fight sticks loosely similar to hitting a sequence/ row of piano keys. Street Fighter games make better use of it to hit very small windows, like reversals or wake ups. For example, you want wake up shoryuken, you input f, d, df + and then all piano link or strum across all three punch buttons instead of just one, tripling your chance of getting the dragon punch because you hit 3 different frames of opportunity.

Here in MKX, it's basically strumming your finger across both punch buttons while doing a neutral jump, effectively doubling your chances of getting njp to come out.
Thank you

Hey guys I've new here in the sub zero community been playing grand master for about a week now I've read the guide and read through a lot of your guys comments I was just wondering if there's how I can continue lvling up my sub zero how I can continue 2 get better

seakaybe

Noob
Hey guys I've new here in the sub zero community been playing grand master for about a week now I've read the guide and read through a lot of your guys comments I was just wondering if there's how I can continue lvling up my sub zero how I can continue 2 get better
work out what corner carry combos work for you and then focus on your corner game, get your clone and clone shatter combos down. learn d4 and f4 and all the options they give you on attack and defence. You've also got to know which characters the clone wont be as effective against and work out strategies against them.

Thanks man also what is the point of clone shatter it's not plus on block but gives a lot of push back is that the only way it's used I know you can do clone shatter combos with it which I've been working on a bunch also I see djt using 123 slide for corner carry 2 end his combos I see madzin doing 112 2 end his combos and I see Tom Brady going standing 1 f42 slide is it all just preference or is there advantages 2 each

seakaybe

Noob
the ice burst is a good anti air and can lead to a full combo punish, I never really use the clone shatter unless its for a brutality but that's just my preference I don't know how anyone else uses it. Tom Brady prefers the f42 slide ender because he says it allows him to either end close or far from his opponent just depending on what wakeup options his opponent has and if he wants to continue with his pressure.

I know this is thread for sub but how do you fight against him mostly gm sub I hear the overhead is unsafe but I can never punish it that and fighting through the clone

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I've been experimenting with new ex statue in stings that have gaps. Some match ups have some decent utility where you use ex statue armor to parry (like Reptile invisibility) and can then use the clone in the combo for freezes or juggles, or opt for the f4/ b12 > freeze works vs. Ermac, D'Vorah). Other match ups, the ex statue works as designed, SZ takes a hit of armor and the opponent clashes with the clone, freezing (Jax gets shit on by this). Finally, in some, or rather "most" match ups, you burn a bar, the clone doesn't form, and the move gets stuffed just like "the dark times."

Right now, testing string gaps. But in the future, we should look into pressure strings in MU's like Kung Lao (string > ex hat > string), Liu Kang (Flamefist RC strings), Shinnok (Bone SHaper restand strings), etc. Using ex statue instead of ex frost bomb leads to more damage, is safer and provides much more utility should an opponent decide not to continue pressure.

seakaybe

Noob
I must say as someone that loved GM and refused to use any other variation, Cryo just feels better in almost every way now. Even without the clone he just seems to have better tools and they all work properly.

Creepy00

Noob
I thought this was already discussed, I could sworn there was a thread specifically about it.

Anyways, to answer you question it is because Jax got hit by the grab animation, thus allowing the ice clone frames (?) to freeze him.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Did you check the stickies when looking for a combo thread? Because it's there in bold red letters and we have one and it's right in your big dumb face you special, special snowflake.