What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I'd actually say it's in Sub's favor since you can full combo punish the gaps in Omni's strings (here's a video:
) and the main tech so many like to use of Low Hat plus superman attack you can beat out with grounded or air clone. Even if you get hit by the hat, you can still combo Omni.

I'd say that's one of Sub's main strengths in this game: he has very few bad MUs.
Good tip on the gaps there but you are using bar for it

and bar is important for last minute breakers etc

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Yeah a lot of these players think they know everything and can be a bit close minded. Personally I don’t bother sharing anything with them.

Just post it on here and apply it in your gameplay. I’m still thinking about your setups and how i would use them.

It takes time to reach a conclusion but a lot of people like to shut others down immediately.
That type of thing can unfortunately happen in a large community but don’t EVER feel ashamed or like you can’t share tech because someone on a putting up a front shit you down about things…goes for @Bulletz4Breakfast as well and I’m sorry you had that experience.

you guys are putting In mad work sharing tech with the community and it’ll help in the long run, so thanks for you contributions

I agree with the above to put it here and it’ll work it’s way around if it’s solid advice as it normally does.

That type of thing can unfortunately happen in a large community but don’t EVER feel ashamed or like you can’t share tech because someone on a putting up a front shit you down about things…goes for @Bulletz4Breakfast as well and I’m sorry you had that experience.

you guys are putting In mad work sharing tech with the community and it’ll help in the long run, so thanks for you contributions

I agree with the above to put it here and it’ll work it’s way around if it’s solid advice as it normally does.
I've learned to not have an ego about my "potential tech" there has been times I've posted what I thought was very strong but got criticism showing the holes in it which ultimately is a good thing.
Besides most of the tech has counters and if it doesn't will probably get nerfed after mass complaining.
But thanks
Recently I posted Geras Tech with early MID JIK using Lao teleport to bait out UpBlock but later realized my game was bugging and the MID JIK was UpBlockable. It sucked but just found a way to bait it by doing empty Lao teleport into instant CMD Grabs/JIK

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So, sub-zero mains explain this to me: I was just about to win a set, using mileena/lao, then I set my hat on the ground and the sub-zero did his fatal blow instantly. I had almost 50% (AT LEAST 42%), and died DESPITE the fatal blow only indicating 36% damage. Can someone explain wtf is this? Does lao getting hit by the initial blast actuall counts as a separate damage? If so, this is absurdly stupid.

So, sub-zero mains explain this to me: I was just about to win a set, using mileena/lao, then I set my hat on the ground and the sub-zero did his fatal blow instantly. I had almost 50% (AT LEAST 42%), and died DESPITE the fatal blow only indicating 36% damage. Can someone explain wtf is this? Does lao getting hit by the initial blast actuall counts as a separate damage? If so, this is absurdly stupid.
Just like in other tag games. If you hit both characters you are taking More damage than normal. You probably never noticed it until now but it's been like that since the beta and I'm glad they didn't remove it

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Just like in other tag games. If you hit both characters you are taking More damage than normal. You probably never noticed it until now but it's been like that since the beta and I'm glad they didn't remove it
I did notice I take damage when my kameo gets hit. I also know my kameo enters cooldown mode and I can't use him, or use breaker, after that. This was explained back then when the game didn't even launch.

What I didn't know, and never witnessed anywhere else in match footage is that, apparantly, my kameo takes a full whooping 10% damage from fatal blow first hit. Usually they'd take like, 3-4% max.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I did notice I take damage when my kameo gets hit. I also know my kameo enters cooldown mode and I can't use him, or use breaker, after that. This was explained back then when the game didn't even launch.

What I didn't know, and never witnessed anywhere else in match footage is that, apparantly, my kameo takes a full whooping 10% damage from fatal blow first hit. Usually they'd take like, 3-4% max.
From big hits it like a d2 or fatal blow they might take more. Look at how much dmg your character gets when you d2 punish sareena call. It says the normal amount but they take like a solid 250

Hmm, I'll have to lab that one against Mileena. The double hit against Smoke is also interesting. For Havik you can just neutral jump after F1 and full combo punish without spending bar. Also, you can freeze Liu Kang and Reptile with F1~Klone like many of the others he showed. Lastly, I'm finding that Slide against Ashrah is the most consistent punish to her wakeup.

I just did f12 into ice clone and then I did the ice statue projectile which hit my opponent and he got frozen before falling on the ground, that never happened before
I was in the mid of the stage

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Whoever that “LinKuei_master” Sub player is, he not only did well vs HoneyBee’s Reptile, he also played and did well against SonicFox’s Reptile. I believe it was just a KL set, and I won’t spoil the results, but dude is an absolute beast with Sub, and actually made me start labbing Sub+Sareena a little bit.

The first set in this video is SF vs him:

I think those tier lists are highly inaccurate, but that's probably not a surprise coming from me considering my other posts, lol.

As for odd Sub freezes, I didn't think he could get a freeze from grab, but K7 did in that match, so it's definitely back to the lab for me to check that and the rush punch freeze you describe.

LinKuei is doing some really fun stuff with Sareena, especially using her reversal as a string ender and body blocker, which is another thing I want to test. Curious to see if I can get Sonya to do some more body blocking for me.

Btw, I know I'm delayed in getting those Sub+Sonya optimals up, along with Tremor. Family in town for the holidays and all that, but I'll def try to get that up this week, maybe Wed.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I think those tier lists are highly inaccurate, but that's probably not a surprise coming from me considering my other posts, lol.

As for odd Sub freezes, I didn't think he could get a freeze from grab, but K7 did in that match, so it's definitely back to the lab for me to check that and the rush punch freeze you describe.

LinKuei is doing some really fun stuff with Sareena, especially using her reversal as a string ender and body blocker, which is another thing I want to test. Curious to see if I can get Sonya to do some more body blocking for me.
I tried it out with sonya a bit, the problem is it's not an ambush, so you can get out but I didn't find a way to make it impactful. The sareena one is good because it's an ambush at the end of a string so sub can continue pressing buttons. But idk give it a try, maybe you'll find something that I couldn't.

Never mind I take it back, sareena's isn't an ambush either... but it is fast af

Last edited: