What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
I've tried Sonya with Sub, and she is quite fun. I've just been so hooked on Sareena since launch, and the damage is so juicy! You can practically hear your opponent sitting there going "wait, Sub isn't supposed to be able to do 40%+ off one bar!"

Hearing you guys talk about her tho, I think I'm gonna revisit Sonya soon, even tho I've never cared for Special Forces :p

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I've tried Sonya with Sub, and she is quite fun. I've just been so hooked on Sareena since launch, and the damage is so juicy! You can practically hear your opponent sitting there going "wait, Sub isn't supposed to be able to do 40%+ off one bar!"

Hearing you guys talk about her tho, I think I'm gonna revisit Sonya soon, even tho I've never cared for Special Forces :p
Yeah Sareena is really good. Beta sub would’ve been broken with her.

When she does her meter steal, she stands in front of you and can take a hit. This helps you win trades with ice ball. I recently found out about that lol.

Anyone got Sub Tremor tech?
Here's my concept
Reset into forced HTB 54% 1Bar Full Kameo(Not Optimal):

45% Meterless Reset into forced HTB in corner(Not Optimal):

Maybe you all can find something with this!
It's worth mentioning the Aftershock Up Punch after B2 is punishable by Armor between B2 and Up Punch.
But Crystalline Armor can be safely used as Summon, you switch to Crystalline in mid combo and call Summon Crystalline Armor on knockdown and it will cover you before they can punish.
Ambush/Summon Crystalline Armor covers Subs Gaps and makes pretty much everything Yolo not punishable.
I haven't gone deep with different juggling Tremor moves but I know there is something there, I've heard he gets 35%+ damage meterless with Tremor.

You’re welcome! Glad you’re enjoying it. Sub-Zero/Sonya is fun. I ran it from the beta until recently.

If they made ring toss an ambush she’d be Sub’s best kameo in my opinion.
I definitely am, and having her energy ring function like Kano's knives would certainly be a buff! However, I wouldn't want to lose her other ambush in trade for it since there's just so much utility for her square wave in combos and zoning. Honestly, if they buff Sonya, I'd really love her leg grab move to be faster so it has more utility as a reversal, plus the added benefit of comboing off of more of his strings.

Again, thanks for the tech!

I'm not a big Special Forces fan either, but I don't think I could ever give up having a near full screen armored launcher, especially with the number of gaps in this game. Goro and Scorpion give the same of course, but Goro takes so long to recharge and Scorpion messes up the gravity some. Plus, Sonya is great for zoning. Don't get me wrong, Sareena is amazing for neutral and the meter steal is great, but Sonya just gives him everything he needs imo.

Anyone got Sub Tremor tech?
Here's my concept
Reset into forced HTB 54% 1Bar Full Kameo(Not Optimal):

45% Meterless Reset into forced HTB in corner(Not Optimal):

Maybe you all can find something with this!
It's worth mentioning the Aftershock Up Punch after B2 is punishable by Armor between B2 and Up Punch.
But Crystalline Armor can be safely used as Summon, you switch to Crystalline in mid combo and call Summon Crystalline Armor on knockdown and it will cover you before they can punish.
Ambush/Summon Crystalline Armor covers Subs Gaps and makes pretty much everything Yolo not punishable.
I haven't gone deep with different juggling Tremor moves but I know there is something there, I've heard he gets 35%+ damage meterless with Tremor.
It's so interesting that the two hits of Tremor's low count as two separate combos. Seems great for anyone with a capture state, like you show. I think Tremor has some definite utility with Aftershock giving Sub hard to punish OH and Lows (didn't know there was a gap, thanks for that). And of course the armor is great like you say, since it lets Sub do some unsafe things with less risk, like Slide or OH. I just wish that the summon version of the up lava blast was faster, so you could combo more easily off of enhanced Slide. But, even if it did you wouldn't be able to combo it from anywhere on screen since Tremor's position is locked. So, it feels like Tremor is really good for comboing your hits, armor, some other zoning options, and the 50/50s you show. I can see that fitting some play styles, but I think Sareena or Sonya/Goro will still end up being Sub's best Kameos, though I know some are making Frost or even Sub work.

Thanks for sharing the tech! Really nice to know.

Sikander ran some beef sets against various players using Sub-Zero. Starts about 45 minutes in.
Something funny, is that I told Sikander that Tremor had a reset and did 45% meterless from a very hard to block HTB and 60% from forced HTB after forced Reset on a single touch.
He said Tremor doesn't give Sub anything, no resets nothing, Sikander gave up on Tremor 30min after release, said moves where to slow to use them.

Now I don't know Sub the way all of y'all would but I'm sure there is a way to combo into Quake where you get them close enough to ground for them to get hit by it and they will juggle, I'm talking doing your biggest combo into that cuz you might push it to 60-70%
Some other characters get 70% off this kind of reset

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Something funny, is that I told Sikander that Tremor had a reset and did 45% meterless from a very hard to block HTB and 60% from forced HTB after forced Reset on a single touch.
He said Tremor doesn't give Sub anything, no resets nothing, Sikander gave up on Tremor 30min after release, said moves where to slow to use them.

Now I don't know Sub the way all of y'all would but I'm sure there is a way to combo into Quake where you get them close enough to ground for them to get hit by it and they will juggle, I'm talking doing your biggest combo into that cuz you might push it to 60-70%
Yeah a lot of these players think they know everything and can be a bit close minded. Personally I don’t bother sharing anything with them.

Just post it on here and apply it in your gameplay. I’m still thinking about your setups and how i would use them.

It takes time to reach a conclusion but a lot of people like to shut others down immediately.

The Highlander

There can be only one

He's a good player, but he's not a lab hound. Dude has found something that works well for how he plays sub, and just wants to hop into KL for a few hours every day. Which is fair enough, but he's not giving random kameo's the time of day unless they easily work with how he plays sub.

@The Highlander @Amplified$hotz

Yeah don't get me wrong, Sikander is a very good player, obviously has fundamentals but he wants that easy Lao hat for everything setup.
I was genuinely trying to help Sub mains with this tech. I looked everywhere on X/Facebook/Discord/YouTube and found ZERO tech for Sub + Tremor.
I guess the tag for Tremor isn't #MK1_Tremor it's: "#MK1_KTRE"
Cornered Currator put me on that bit of info.
So some pros legit said they have a 80% reset with Sub Zero and Tremor Resets but I am not familiar with everything Subby. I don't know how he juggles, or how to do his higher level corner combos or how to connect his harder divekick into clone juggles so I can't figure out how to get the damage.

I believe my Tremor ResetHTB needs to be done early on in combos because of scaling but I think you can get around it when you do a air juggle combo and do a S4 or something into Aftershock Quake before they hit ground and it will combo juggle after reset and that may be the Key to higher damage.

He has a Throw Push combo that's not techable but I'm not getting damage off it. You do D+R1 for Crystalline var switch mid combo then call out Aftershock and immediately do Forward throw while Tremor is still out from switching to Aftershock and before he goes off screen you wait till about last second and cancel into Quake Ambush and it cancels into combo and resets into the same forces HTB.
Maybe you all can get more than the 20% I've got. Doesn't seem worth the full Kameo to just hit 20% Throw. But it is not techable so and Tremor coming out before does trick opponents into blocking the throw setup.

Hopefully y'all can help to make Sub Zero solid with Tremor.

BTW I do think K&M tech with Sub is pretty Fake. The B2/B3 into UpPunch(Aftershock Summon) is -7 on block but not safe. Has a armorable gap and that's pretty bad vs Kung Lao, Tanya, Havik and Ashrah.
So the only thing that seems worth with Sub + Tremor Kameo is forced HTB resets and the Crystalline Armor setups making him Safe on his gaps, yolo slides/divekicks and his frametrap using Straight Lava in Metallic.

There is so much stuff to explore in Tremors variations I doubt anyone will master him with their mains for months.

@The Highlander @Amplified$hotz

Yeah don't get me wrong, Sikander is a very good player, obviously has fundamentals but he wants that easy Lao hat for everything setup.
I was genuinely trying to help Sub mains with this tech. I looked everywhere on X/Facebook/Discord/YouTube and found ZERO tech for Sub + Tremor.
I guess the tag for Tremor isn't #MK1_Tremor it's: "#MK1_KTRE"
Cornered Currator put me on that bit of info.
So some pros legit said they have a 80% reset with Sub Zero and Tremor Resets but I am not familiar with everything Subby. I don't know how he juggles, or how to do his higher level corner combos or how to connect his harder divekick into clone juggles so I can't figure out how to get the damage.

I believe my Tremor ResetHTB needs to be done early on in combos because of scaling but I think you can get around it when you do a air juggle combo and do a S4 or something into Aftershock Quake before they hit ground and it will combo juggle after reset and that may be the Key to higher damage.

He has a Throw Push combo that's not techable but I'm not getting damage off it. You do D+R1 for Crystalline var switch mid combo then call out Aftershock and immediately do Forward throw while Tremor is still out from switching to Aftershock and before he goes off screen you wait till about last second and cancel into Quake Ambush and it cancels into combo and resets into the same forces HTB.
Maybe you all can get more than the 20% I've got. Doesn't seem worth the full Kameo to just hit 20% Throw. But it is not techable so and Tremor coming out before does trick opponents into blocking the throw setup.

Hopefully y'all can help to make Sub Zero solid with Tremor.

BTW I do think K&M tech with Sub is pretty Fake. The B2/B3 into UpPunch(Aftershock Summon) is -7 on block but not safe. Has a armorable gap and that's pretty bad vs Kung Lao, Tanya, Havik and Ashrah.
So the only thing that seems worth with Sub + Tremor Kameo is forced HTB resets and the Crystalline Armor setups making him Safe on his gaps, yolo slides/divekicks and his frametrap using Straight Lava in Metallic.

There is so much stuff to explore in Tremors variations I doubt anyone will master him with their mains for months.
Really appreciate what you're exploring with Tremor for Sub. I saw some of K&M using him, and like you say, they were doing it mainly for the (relatively) safe 50/50s, which I think is pretty good against most of the cast. The biggest thing to me honestly is Tremor letting Sub combo his back throw in the corner since that's often where you have the opponent locked down with Klone. I had no idea about the push throw, though I've seen similar with say, Sektor. So, those are certainly some interesting routes for Sub to have, which he doesn't get otherwise (maybe Darrius). That's honestly what interests me as a Sub player, instead of Kameos that give him things he already has. Like Lao for armor break, for example, or safe B2/B3. With enough training you can cancel B2 to make it safe on block on reaction and Sub can armor break by himself. But comboing throws? Yeah, that's a whole different tool in his kit.

As for the resets, that also has a lot of potential like you say. I've always wondered if there was something you could do when you catch an opponent in the air with Deadly Vapors and they're slowly falling. Maybe this would let you do the reset later in the combo, giving you more damage. Though, Sub already has pretty good resets by himself, so while 60-80% damage would be amazing if that's a consistent thing, this particular facet of Tremor isn't as enticing to me as the throw combos, or say the Crystalline Armor.

Personally, I probably won't be doing much with Tremor now because there's still so much I need to optimize with Sonya. Maybe if Tremor let you combo enhanced Slide I'd feel different, but as far as I can tell, he can't. I still think a reset or a throw combo could give you a clutch win though, and I'll be excited to see what people continue to find with him!

Oh, and if you have any questions about optimal Sub combo routes, feel free to ask us.

Really appreciate what you're exploring with Tremor for Sub. I saw some of K&M using him, and like you say, they were doing it mainly for the (relatively) safe 50/50s, which I think is pretty good against most of the cast. The biggest thing to me honestly is Tremor letting Sub combo his back throw in the corner since that's often where you have the opponent locked down with Klone. I had no idea about the push throw, though I've seen similar with say, Sektor. So, those are certainly some interesting routes for Sub to have, which he doesn't get otherwise (maybe Darrius). That's honestly what interests me as a Sub player, instead of Kameos that give him things he already has. Like Lao for armor break, for example, or safe B2/B3. With enough training you can cancel B2 to make it safe on block on reaction and Sub can armor break by himself. But comboing throws? Yeah, that's a whole different tool in his kit.

As for the resets, that also has a lot of potential like you say. I've always wondered if there was something you could do when you catch an opponent in the air with Deadly Vapors and they're slowly falling. Maybe this would let you do the reset later in the combo, giving you more damage. Though, Sub already has pretty good resets by himself, so while 60-80% damage would be amazing if that's a consistent thing, this particular facet of Tremor isn't as enticing to me as the throw combos, or say the Crystalline Armor.

Personally, I probably won't be doing much with Tremor now because there's still so much I need to optimize with Sonya. Maybe if Tremor let you combo enhanced Slide I'd feel different, but as far as I can tell, he can't. I still think a reset or a throw combo could give you a clutch win though, and I'll be excited to see what people continue to find with him!

Oh, and if you have any questions about optimal Sub combo routes, feel free to ask us.
Like I said the Summon version of Up Punch K&M use is punishable with armor so it's fake.
But Crystalline Armor is where it's at, 5 seconds of safety is crazy good for him, which makes B2 or anything safe vs most of the cast and in some matchups the opponent is punished by attacking the Crystalline Armor because of the wildly varying frame data.
On the throw push combos I'm only getting 18% and it costs full Kameo meter but I do need help with optimals. It's in a grounded state so whatever Subs Optimal BnB's are they all will work on it, anything off F12/21/12/B2 works after Push.
I'm basically new to Subby. Which is sad because I'm a big fan of Sub, I mained him in 9. But how he was gutted after Beta drove me to other characters that had better buttons and fit my setup playstyle.
I'll try to test comboing from Armor Slide, it probably does cuz it combos so many things. My issue is just not knowing what to do after conversion off it.

But I think there is something there for Sub, it sucks because there isn't anyone using Sub + Tremor to explore, they just use Lao for easy HTB and safety, I get it Laos strong.

I think with Crystalline Armor being safe to get out of any touch as Summon, last for 5 seconds and Regen in 8 is pretty strong if you mastered the variations and utilize the Straight Lava which makes everything +ob
Or using the 54% 1Bar Reset, probably more with Fatal and it's actually a strong HTB that I struggle to Fuzzy consistently when I can fuzzy Sindel's most of the time.
I think you can do the overhead rock into a Slide with summon ver.

If you can give me some combo pointers I'll try them, what's his best scaling normals or standing buttons?

I think there is a lot of potential but feel most will be pushed away from Tremor because of his difficulty having to manage which variation to use, learning how to use all the moves and the quickest way to cycle them and the difficulty of the inputs and timing for the reset (at least for Sindel having to input it with flight cancels)

I've even found legit mind games with variation switch where you change variation but have the threat of canceling into Ambush, on their wakeup if you call Ambush Quake you can break armor and prevent all options besides delay WU so I can just switch variation into a throw push. Seems legit to me, not sure if it's better than Lao but 54% off reset definitely seems better than Laos damage.

How much damage you get from Sonya, what all does she give/cover for Sub?

Last edited:
Maybe if Tremor let you combo enhanced Slide I'd feel different, but as far as I can tell, he can't.
Ok here's what I got off Armored Slide:

For whatever reason I can't get any buttons after up lava into clone freeze but I can do a raw freeze but sadly the damage is staying below 25.5%
But maybe you can get more?
There has to be some kind of reset in the corner. Maybe a reset if Subs in the corner and armor slides out into Quake?

Ok here's what I got off Armored Slide:

For whatever reason I can't get any buttons after up lava into clone freeze but I can do a raw freeze but sadly the damage is staying below 25.5%
But maybe you can get more?
There has to be some kind of reset in the corner. Maybe a reset if Subs in the corner and armor slides out into Quake?
Thanks for all the work you're doing this, and sorry, I should have been more specific. You can combo Slide using Tremor, but you have to call Tremor first, which telegraphs the Slide. Also, because you have to call Tremor first, you can't use it on wakeup. And since Tremor is locked, you can't do it anywhere on screen. 25% is good off of slide though, since there's heavy damage scaling on armored combo starters. So, if you're playing Tremor, worthwhile to throw out sometimes sure!

As for the combo on B2 and B3, totally hear you about the gap not making that version real against some characters, and Crystalline armor being better. That armor has some unique uses and safety, but I don't think it will change his overall game plan too much.

Lastly, for Sonya and what she gives him, I'll go from what I see as most important to least:
  • Armored launcher anywhere on screen. Goro and Scorpion give the same, but Goro is slow to recover and Scorpion can hit weird and net you less damage. All the usual uses for armored lanchers: wakeup, anti-zone, comboable mixes off of 12 and 21, and steal your turn back when you're not too negative, like off of the B3 starter string.
  • Hit confirmable combos off of F1, 3, and B3 meterless (i.e. no Sub meter).
  • More damage on combos. Not as much as Sareena but close. Also, you can extend combos you normally can't like when divekick ground bounces, netting you WAY more damage than you'd usually get.
  • Air coverage when zoning. Other assist give this some, but Sonya covers the whole sky, stopping someone from jumping on you and even letting you combo after in some instances.
  • A quick recharge full screen projectile to mix up your zoning with. Can also be held to let you approach.
  • Shot at the end of strings to make you plus that quickly recharges. It's a high though so can be ducked, and can also be poked out of because the shot isn't as immediate as Low Hat.
  • A reversal. It's the worst in the game because it's the slowest, but it still can blow up some non-upblock gaps when you don't have meter (e.g. Liu's kick).
  • Meterless side switch combos or metered side switch with Enhanced Slide, depending on your starter string. For example, if you can hit confirm 2 into Sonya Leg Grab you get the switch, but if you do 21 you need to go into Slide to side switch.
Also, at least to me, it's important to consider what Sub can already do so you're not doubling up with a Kameo. He can already armor break on opponent's wakeup, reset on a grounded string with Deadly Vapors, and make B2 safe (with optimal hit confirm reactions).

Don't get me wrong, I see some very good utility with Tremor:
  • Comboing off of throw.
  • Resets.
  • Safety with armor.
  • Good meterless damage on your combos.
  • Ending strings with a pushback move that resets neutral.
  • Interesting projectiles to help with zoning.
So I can certainly see a Sub main choosing to dig into Tremor as their Kameo of choice, and I hope to see more of them in tournament! For me though I know if I hop around too much I won't become as proficient as I could with one, and I also found some of the Tremor calls inconsistent. Since his stance switch is an ambush, the game would often register that if it didn't judge my timing right on calling it with the string. That level of inconsistency can lose you rounds in tournament, and while it can certainly be learned, I'd rather use that time to perfect my current combo.

Oh, and his best damage combo is normally going to come from B2 or F12 without freezes and using 21 in the air. With Sonya, F12, you're getting around 38% for one bar of each, which is a bit under the 40ish you'd get with Sareena for one Kameo bar and no bar from Sub. Last I tested, Tremor was around 36% for one Kameo bar, so good damage.

Thanks for all the work you're doing this, and sorry, I should have been more specific. You can combo Slide using Tremor, but you have to call Tremor first, which telegraphs the Slide. Also, because you have to call Tremor first, you can't use it on wakeup. And since Tremor is locked, you can't do it anywhere on screen. 25% is good off of slide though, since there's heavy damage scaling on armored combo starters. So, if you're playing Tremor, worthwhile to throw out sometimes sure!

As for the combo on B2 and B3, totally hear you about the gap not making that version real against some characters, and Crystalline armor being better. That armor has some unique uses and safety, but I don't think it will change his overall game plan too much.

Lastly, for Sonya and what she gives him, I'll go from what I see as most important to least:
  • Armored launcher anywhere on screen. Goro and Scorpion give the same, but Goro is slow to recover and Scorpion can hit weird and net you less damage. All the usual uses for armored lanchers: wakeup, anti-zone, comboable mixes off of 12 and 21, and steal your turn back when you're not too negative, like off of the B3 starter string.
  • Hit confirmable combos off of F1, 3, and B3 meterless (i.e. no Sub meter).
  • More damage on combos. Not as much as Sareena but close. Also, you can extend combos you normally can't like when divekick ground bounces, netting you WAY more damage than you'd usually get.
  • Air coverage when zoning. Other assist give this some, but Sonya covers the whole sky, stopping someone from jumping on you and even letting you combo after in some instances.
  • A quick recharge full screen projectile to mix up your zoning with. Can also be held to let you approach.
  • Shot at the end of strings to make you plus that quickly recharges. It's a high though so can be ducked, and can also be poked out of because the shot isn't as immediate as Low Hat.
  • A reversal. It's the worst in the game because it's the slowest, but it still can blow up some non-upblock gaps when you don't have meter (e.g. Liu's kick).
  • Meterless side switch combos or metered side switch with Enhanced Slide, depending on your starter string. For example, if you can hit confirm 2 into Sonya Leg Grab you get the switch, but if you do 21 you need to go into Slide to side switch.
Also, at least to me, it's important to consider what Sub can already do so you're not doubling up with a Kameo. He can already armor break on opponent's wakeup, reset on a grounded string with Deadly Vapors, and make B2 safe (with optimal hit confirm reactions).

Don't get me wrong, I see some very good utility with Tremor:
  • Comboing off of throw.
  • Resets.
  • Safety with armor.
  • Good meterless damage on your combos.
  • Ending strings with a pushback move that resets neutral.
  • Interesting projectiles to help with zoning.
So I can certainly see a Sub main choosing to dig into Tremor as their Kameo of choice, and I hope to see more of them in tournament! For me though I know if I hop around too much I won't become as proficient as I could with one, and I also found some of the Tremor calls inconsistent. Since his stance switch is an ambush, the game would often register that if it didn't judge my timing right on calling it with the string. That level of inconsistency can lose you rounds in tournament, and while it can certainly be learned, I'd rather use that time to perfect my current combo.

Oh, and his best damage combo is normally going to come from B2 or F12 without freezes and using 21 in the air. With Sonya, F12, you're getting around 38% for one bar of each, which is a bit under the 40ish you'd get with Sareena for one Kameo bar and no bar from Sub. Last I tested, Tremor was around 36% for one Kameo bar, so good damage.
Hi mate, is it possible for you to publish bnb combo with sonya and tremor for sub?
Thanks beforehand.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
How does Sub-Zero pair with Frost? Can you get any decent Ice Orb setups with the two of them? Was thinking of trying out team Cryomancer eventually.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
How does Sub-Zero pair with Frost? Can you get any decent Ice Orb setups with the two of them? Was thinking of trying out team Cryomancer eventually.
They work well together. She gives him:

• A full screen safe low projectile that’s a combo starter.
  • Combo ender that can make his negative strings a bit more advantageous
  • (risky) Mixups with his overhead and frost’s low
  • And decent corner setups to use while klone is on cooldown.
If you want to do traps with her ice ball, I recommend ending your previous combo in 212 or klone punch because they give you the best hit advantage. Then you can do slide, dash up grab, dash up low/overhead, dash up f12, etc.

Hi mate, is it possible for you to publish bnb combo with sonya and tremor for sub?
Thanks beforehand.
Sure thing. Though, I might give it a few days to see if a patch drops after this pro tour event like it did the last one (they still need to fix low hat after all...).

Oh, and for Sonya strengths I forgot to mention she has the best throw! Plus, getting more than 20% damage when they up block is just glorious =)

Sure thing. Though, I might give it a few days to see if a patch drops after this pro tour event like it did the last one (they still need to fix low hat after all...).
I hope they don't nerf it into the ground. I just think only adding 3seconds of CD to charged hat Regen is fine so it can't be looped by characters like Sindel doing anti WU Vortex HTB

I despise the idea of bringing the strongest Kameos down to the crap Kameos level to "Balance" to me this is more watering down the game than bringing up characters.
Obviously Kameos help characters immensely but the strongest Kameos help S Tiers as well.
They will have to buff characters like Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Nitara (basically mid and low tiers) to at least A+ if we used the (S, A+, A, B Tier rankings for MK1) that would effectively bring A & B Tier up then if they slightly buffed less used/less strong Kameos especially their weakest moves like they did Sareena meter steal circle, it would make the game a lot more fun and open up a whole new universe for most characters.
Nerfing Lao Kameo the way they did Cyrax feels like they are moving towards MK11 (which was incredibly boring gameplay wise at least for me) MK11's poke throw meta and low execution Krushing Blows just killed it for me.
If I had my way Cyrax Forward Kopter would be reverted to 1Bar without a horribly long Regen and add a splat knockdown when it hits opponents airborne but work normally on grounded. Keep the chip reduction and damage nerfs. Just bring back the usefulness of forward Kopter for characters like Rain.

Players who have been around long enough knew that even though Baraka Cyrax was annoying it wasn't broken with flawless block but understand not wanting it looped, but nerfing Cyrax like that wouldn't fix anything in "Annoying Standards" because the next popular Kameo/Character combo would be the dominant pick and be just as oppressive.
In fact I'm seeing many complain about Stryker even though that's the only Kameo that does a loud siren warning before hand to tell you it's time to block. Besides nerfing everything that's strong just neuters gameplay and fun

But I think charged Lao hat could have 3-5 seconds added to Regen time and he would still be very strong but less abusable and also maybe just maybe with buffs encourage other kameos

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
hey gang quick question for the sub zero community

…how’s everyone feel about the Omni man v sun zero match up…

seems like it’s a huge oof for sub zero from what I’ve played

I hope they don't nerf it into the ground. I just think only adding 3seconds of CD to charged hat Regen is fine so it can't be looped by characters like Sindel doing anti WU Vortex HTB

I despise the idea of bringing the strongest Kameos down to the crap Kameos level to "Balance" to me this is more watering down the game than bringing up characters.
Obviously Kameos help characters immensely but the strongest Kameos help S Tiers as well.
They will have to buff characters like Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Nitara (basically mid and low tiers) to at least A+ if we used the (S, A+, A, B Tier rankings for MK1) that would effectively bring A & B Tier up then if they slightly buffed less used/less strong Kameos especially their weakest moves like they did Sareena meter steal circle, it would make the game a lot more fun and open up a whole new universe for most characters.
Nerfing Lao Kameo the way they did Cyrax feels like they are moving towards MK11 (which was incredibly boring gameplay wise at least for me) MK11's poke throw meta and low execution Krushing Blows just killed it for me.
If I had my way Cyrax Forward Kopter would be reverted to 1Bar without a horribly long Regen and add a splat knockdown when it hits opponents airborne but work normally on grounded. Keep the chip reduction and damage nerfs. Just bring back the usefulness of forward Kopter for characters like Rain.

Players who have been around long enough knew that even though Baraka Cyrax was annoying it wasn't broken with flawless block but understand not wanting it looped, but nerfing Cyrax like that wouldn't fix anything in "Annoying Standards" because the next popular Kameo/Character combo would be the dominant pick and be just as oppressive.
In fact I'm seeing many complain about Stryker even though that's the only Kameo that does a loud siren warning before hand to tell you it's time to block. Besides nerfing everything that's strong just neuters gameplay and fun

But I think charged Lao hat could have 3-5 seconds added to Regen time and he would still be very strong but less abusable and also maybe just maybe with buffs encourage other kameos
For sure, lots of nerfs make for boring patches. Much better to make more Kameos viable, perhaps by giving them more ambushes. Right now though low hat is a bit ridiculous considering its the best pick for rushdown (e.g. Johnny) and zoning (e.g. Kitana). That's just...not how it should be. Personally, I don't think you should be able to hold it, but either way, whether it's a change to +frames or cooldown, hopefully they do something with it soon while buffing other kameos so we can see more diversity. I actually think the main characters are much better balanced than the kameos at this point.

hey gang quick question for the sub zero community

…how’s everyone feel about the Omni man v sun zero match up…

seems like it’s a huge oof for sub zero from what I’ve played
I'd actually say it's in Sub's favor since you can full combo punish the gaps in Omni's strings (here's a video:
) and the main tech so many like to use of Low Hat plus superman attack you can beat out with grounded or air clone. Even if you get hit by the hat, you can still combo Omni.

I'd say that's one of Sub's main strengths in this game: he has very few bad MUs.