What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
How does GM go even with Piercing Mileena? I got that as a 6-4 Mileena. Low projectile stuffs slide, Tele kick is basically a free get out of clone corner game (unless sub literally stands there and blocks...in which case, what's the point of using the clone?) as it connects with sub's hurt box and looks to go through the clone. can react to ice ball with telekick, she has better pokes (except for sub's d4), and her b12 controls the neutral. I don't see how it's even especially given the issues with the female hitbox and how inconsistent sub's bnb's are on Mileena. Lose a lot of damage for reliability in this matchup.

I also think HVY and WRE Jax are 5/5 at best, maybe 5.5/4.5 in Jax favor. Jax's armor is so good, and his corner game is damn near just as deadly.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How does GM go even with Piercing Mileena? I got that as a 6-4 Mileena. Low projectile stuffs slide, Tele kick is basically a free get out of clone corner game (unless sub literally stands there and blocks...in which case, what's the point of using the clone?) as it connects with sub's hurt box and looks to go through the clone. can react to ice ball with telekick, she has better pokes (except for sub's d4), and her b12 controls the neutral. I don't see how it's even especially given the issues with the female hitbox and how inconsistent sub's bnb's are on Mileena. Lose a lot of damage for reliability in this matchup.

I also think HVY and WRE Jax are 5/5 at best, maybe 5.5/4.5 in Jax favor. Jax's armor is so good, and his corner game is damn near just as deadly.
I think you're spot on about Mileena, she beats his ass. But I do however think that SZ beats Jax 6-4 in all variations, because he lacks a good meterless counter to the Klone. The HW machine gun will only get so far because of slides and the wrestler energy wave has slow startup so iceball trades are definitely a thing in this matchup. Ground pound and his like you said, good armor is what keeps it from a 7-3.

[QUOTEtry oba_buster, post: 2079558, member: 37460"]Who are your other alts? One thing you have to remember is that sub zero doesn't play the same game as the rest of the kast , even the wake up game is totally diff with sub , I'm realizing a lot of this now since I finally have my co main I have been waiting for since release(smoke) and sub is the only character I have played since day 1 never used another character befor[/QUOTE]
Gonna try kung jin and cyrax triborg

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
So my friend is a Mileena Piercing Main and I'm a Sub-Zero GM Main, we usually go FT10 whenever we have free time and almost always I get the shit end of the stick in terms of match up. What are some of my options, he doesn't always zone with low sai and standing sai but usually goes for the overhead roll to set-up for a 35% 50/50. His match starter is always a F4,4 while I always put up the clone in the beginning.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Made a guide showcasing new mixup tech and fully optimized BnBs as of April. All credit goes to darkskate69 for finding this, he's one of the best cryo mains I know.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I just realized he can dash/backdash cancel X-Ray after it parry freezes the opponent for full combo without spending any meter. Good shit.

Last edited:

Creepy00

Noob
Honestly, I can't think of any scenario where you would want to dash cancel his xray unlike in mk9. I guess it is nice to the have the option.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Shit you're right. Practice settings refilled it.

Guess that makes it a pretty pointless thing to do.
@Creepy00

A lot of people don't know it, but you can refreeze after the X-Ray parry/ X-Ray freeze, and the parry/ freeze hardly scales at all.

Full X-ray deals 32%, resets neutral, but X-Ray, cancel, jip > almost any combo will put you in a better situation for similar damage, possible with a corner set-up. I think you can actually net better damage in by cancelling it in the corner.

The only time I think it's objectively better to let the X-Ray rip is for the unbreakable damage, a high damage combo, or for the insane +19 block advantage into a chip set-up. Or to style on the opponent, that's also pretty important.

Creepy00

Noob
Right, X-ray parry combos are a thing. I forgot that they even existed.

But like 99% of the time, you are just going to let the xray rip for the reasons you mentioned above. That is the point I was trying to make.

Also, Lol at " Or to style on the opponent, that's also pretty important" XD

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
What's GM's d4 xx MB clone do to armored wake-ups? Anyone played with this yet??
I've frozen Shinnok out of an Ex shoulder wakeup with it. But that was in match, and not a lab thing. Haven't thought about trying to reproduce it. Guess I have some homework tonight :)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I've frozen Shinnok out of an Ex shoulder wakeup with it. But that was in match, and not a lab thing. Haven't thought about trying to reproduce it. Guess I have some homework tonight :)
If it works how I think it does, it seems like a great way to defuse wake-ups. Poke xx clone already shits on counter poking.

My mixups

(HIGH DAMAGE)
12 ex hammer (My personal fav)
b33 ex hammer
f33 ex hammer
b2 (Obviously)

Some cool tech I use

every time i knock someone down I slide past there body and poke and continue my pressure/combos kinda like reptiles dash

I use the air hammer to break armour in corner and if they don't ex wake up you can still ex hammer to catch them.

NO MERTER GOOD DAMAGE

i personally love to use the regular hammer because it leads to a safe back dash and it also leads to good damage if they get hit by it. So what I will do is when I knock them down and slide to the other side for more meter and style points ill just go for a basic sting like

b33 Hammer
12 Hammer
or b2 into coldblooded into the hammer which gives like 30% for no meter.

This is my main strategy I hope it helps :)

Also tell me what you think, I don't mind if you don't like it just say it :)

- MYZTERY_-PAX

Durango

Enhancer
I haven't been on in many months. What have I missed?

Is Cryomancer finally viable?Any better combos for Grandmaster?