What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Subzero - Frost Bomb no longer has armor and has 10 less recovery frames on hit and miss

This is a huge buff. They basically made Frost bomb combos easier :D

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Yeah :( no more Ice clone reversals. Its still fast though, so it'll be useful.

The cryo thing is exactly like i said. f42 is still special cancelable so cancel it into the polar puncture.
Yeah. :(

But it seems that they fixed the Ice Klone whiffs, which I hated the most. I hope to see that this IK works with all the inputs (123, F33, etc) on corner. The 123xxIK is very rare, and needs a certain distance to make it able.

Tanno

Subzero - Frost Bomb no longer has armor and has 10 less recovery frames on hit and miss

This is a huge buff. They basically made Frost bomb combos easier :D
Yeah. With this I can do multiple S1s and D1s before B12xxIK. I think it could be a huge buff for the Ice Shatter kombos.

Before I tested and found out that I could do 3 D1s before B12xxIK, but the IK whiffed.

Tanno

Subzero - Towards+FP now has 10 startup frames (down from 15)

If this is true, then it's a new one and has the same speed like the 112. If so, I could add the kombo I knew:

B12xxIceball, JIP, 242, NJP, FJP, FJP, S1, S1, F12. It could rise the dmg to 32%. Earlier it's 29%.

hkriderz

Now that you mean about them. I pray that they fixed the universal glitch not having the hitboxes connected when frozen and uppercuted from behind.
Yeah my bug lol. Hopefully. It wasn't mentioned in the notes but hopefully it's there

Tanno

Yeah my bug lol. Hopefully. It wasn't mentioned in the notes but hopefully it's there
I'll test it tomorrow to see for myself. It's the easiest to do, because I have my thumb broken, and now I have it bandaged. Fortunately, I got the other fingers, so it should be an easy lab. I'll do the easy labbings, and later the hard labbings, which require my thumb.

hkriderz

Is the Ice Statue no longer having Armour that bad?

The Ice Klone itself is supposed to stop advancing attacks. The Ice Statue Armour was more a fail safe if the Ice Clone well...failed. Just need to space and time things out better from now on so you don't need the fail safe I guess. Plus I don't think we lost the fast start up.

So we lose a set up sure from Instant Frozen Armour, but 2 Hits of Icy Slide Armour will allow an escape and Regroup aaaaannnnnd maybe a set up if a clone has been set first ⛄
Not really. Armor on Ice Klone was kinda OD and its not a big deal. Its still super fast.

his d1 and frost bomb buffs are big tho

Tanno

We'll have to test if it can react against the pokes and anything that could punish the IK. Knowing this, they might punish IK on reaction or if timed correctly.

Tanno

Why do I have the feeling that it's more than they have shown from the patches? We'll have to investigate much more. It could be that they're hiding something from every main.

Tanno

can I get a collective nICE on the faster poke and not much changes for GM.
#SubStruggle turned to #SubSavage
#PurgeTheTaintedIce
Grandmaster is fine. He needed his fixes. Nothing more. The problem is with the other variations. They didn't buff Unbreakable at all.

Lokheit

Noob
But it seems that they fixed the Ice Klone whiffs
It's not about the klone whiffs, it's a general bug after being frozen where the other guy wouldn't be stunned and would get the frost covering on his body but still being able to move.

Tanno

It's not about the klone whiffs, it's a general bug after being frozen where the other guy wouldn't be stunned and would get the frost covering on his body but still being able to move.
Ah, you mean like in the YT video that some dude froze Sonya, and still she kept moving?

Tanno

Yeah...I feel ya. Maybe more damage scaling on Shatters or even simply Frozen scaling on Opponents, have to test it all out second the Patch Installs tonight or tomorrow...
Could be. I'll lab them, since they're easy for my hand. I can't do the combos for the time being due of my broken thumb, and now I got it bandaged.

So grandmaster didn't get his whiffs fixed? As in you have to time his corner combos differently and hope you connected? But we really have to wait and see right?

Tanno

D1 being faster will help with those juggles, specially against females. F1 is faster for the F12 combo ender too.
This is what I thought so. F1 is a LOW. If you read at the previous page about the F12 and this combo as its ender, you'll know what do I mean.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
We shall see how Unbreakable plays. I'm impressed with:
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Barrier Of Ice now has 25 less recovery frames
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Barrier Of Frost now has 15 less recovery frames
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Burst & Frost Bomb have increased pushback when Ice Aura or Frozen Aura are active

Tanno

We shall see how Unbreakable plays. I'm impressed with:
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Barrier Of Ice now has 25 less recovery frames
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Barrier Of Frost now has 15 less recovery frames
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Burst & Frost Bomb have increased pushback when Ice Aura or Frozen Aura are active
These are slight buffs for this variation. I would love to see the Aura have less recovery and activity, so that it could connect fine with the next inputs.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I just want each variation of Sub-Zero to have their individual uses, if I want to play Defensive/Offensive; I've go Unbreakatroll
If I want to jail you in the corner, then I'll be using Grandmadclones
But if I want to be a complete jerk, I'll hit you with the CryoPunisher