What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
once you do the f42L1 then cancel it into frost bomb, the opponent of course launches up and slightly away from you, if you then use a slight delay, and as the opponent is descending you then can link(not cancel) the bomb to the special move bf4 and slide into the opponent before that hit the ground, I get 27% 9 hit damage with this kombo, just have to work hard on the delayed timing, please note I only play the CPU on hard and it works for me, so if to confirm if this is good for online, ask one of the real experienced players like inflames or boba buster or any of the other nice folks on this thread, i know online players want that 100% confirmation if it is not blocked, this is just an observation that worked last night on hard CPU and successful. Kc. But please note the bf4 is not a cancel, it is a delayed linked move, I'll tell u who has a super great link kombos and that is KL and his windmill punch, 11, when I play against him he constantly does 11~11~ till he opens you up and then hits u with. Canceled spin~b321, so I have learned to take the slight hit damage and on his second 11 he delays ever so little into spin and that's where I nail him for a punish is is that slight frame hesitation, again this is not online play but CPU hard mode. Kc

Last edited:

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
once you do the f42L1 then cancel it into frost bomb, the opponent of course launches up and slightly away from you, if you then use a slight delay, and as the opponent is descending you then can link(not cancel) the bomb to the special move bf4 and slide into the opponent before that hit the ground, I get 27% 9 hit damage with this kombo, just have to work hard on the delayed timing, please note I only play the CPU on hard and it works for me, so if to confirm if this is good for online, ask one of the real experienced players like inflames or boba buster or any of the other nice folks on this thread, i know online players want that 100% confirmation if it is not blocked, this is just an observation that worked last night on hard CPU and successful. Kc
This is all true... but I just don't see how your previous post related to my original comment. I should have been more specific, but that's why I responded with a ?. I just think losing the cancel is fair given his new buffs. Is it NOT a fair trade?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Air ice hammer has no height restriction, never knew that. Works somewhat like a divekick to blow up checks and getting around AA attempts.
Does this thing still hit as a double OH for things like jik (whiff/hit) > air hammer for the surprise triple overhead? Also, we need someone to make a new tutorial on air hammer restand tech. I hear that's + now, which seems amazing. Might be the first actual standing reset we've had.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
This is all true... but I just don't see how your previous post related to my original comment. I should have been more specific, but that's why I responded with a ?. I just think losing the cancel is fair given his new buffs. Is it NOT a fair trade?
i am not an expert, but for my needs the trade is good, one his 111 into ice balls appears to be much easier to do and smoother, just my opinion, and I had not used 122 into ice bomb and f122 into to ice balls enhanced or not enhanced was a total miss, what I do is f122~f2xxdb2+R2( must do enhanced or the ice ball is a miss)~4~RCxxf33 with or without slide, now it is so easy to follow RC with f42L1xxdb1 or another special, I hope this helps, or maybe I have completely misunderstood you question ,let me know

Last edited:

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
not needed
if f122 hits, go for forward jip2 into cold blooded ...[/QUOTGood choice
good choice, have done that as well, I,like to come up with lots of variety and then lean on the ones that are the easier for me to pull off and I do that for both sides of the field, I find some kombos are easier facing a certain direction and others facing the opposite side, I have learn my weakness and adapt to improve

Last edited:

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Just input it right after the 1+3 , you don't have to wait at all
you are right again young man, nothing has really changed, so you have earned the right to LOL at me, ha ha, one thing is s f42L1xxice bomb~slide to re hit again but if you 242~rcxxf42L1xxice bomb (the ice bomb does not launch the opponent hi enough into the air to slide for continued contact),so you are right when we get down to it nothing has really change overall except 111 cancels much smoother into iceballs, just my obervation for this one kombo/link, so go ahead and LOL you earned it, kc

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
How is everyone feeling about this variation now?
i have always loved cryo sz, now or before, i personally would have kept him as he was prior to this update, but thats just me, i love him no matter what, coming from a totally inexperienced noob player, so take it for whats its worth, I LOVE SZ CRYO

Mouseke

Noob
Could it be me or is the cancel window of f42 13 into hammer real tight after a b2 rc its easy enough without the b2

Adagost

yard's best Ice cream
Could it be me or is the cancel window of f42 13 into hammer real tight after a b2 rc its easy enough without the b2
i posted this one page before, i have the same feeling. The cancel timing off raw f4,2,1+3 and b2 starter seems totally different, but others don't mention that issue at all? Anyway, the timing is between the last 2 stabs, it will take you some time to figure it out, but once you got it you're fine.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Does this thing still hit as a double OH for things like jik (whiff/hit) > air hammer for the surprise triple overhead? Also, we need someone to make a new tutorial on air hammer restand tech. I hear that's + now, which seems amazing. Might be the first actual standing reset we've had.
I think it hits overhead, mid. Curious about restand considering it leads to a soft knockdown. I did find you can do IA air hammer and the hits are so close they'll shred 6 frame armored moves. Downside is if they delay wakeup your recovery is punishable, I'm sure there's a happy medium though against certain wakeups.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
The only real buy is getting better corner damage and overhead damage in this variation. Mid screen stuff only changed by 2pt. Having the cancel adv on 111 is amazing too. The real question is why doesn't EX slide freeze in the air? :DOGE

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
i posted this one page before, i have the same feeling. The cancel timing off raw f4,2,1+3 and b2 starter seems totally different, but others don't mention that issue at all? Anyway, the timing is between the last 2 stabs, it will take you some time to figure it out, but once you got it you're fine.
Can I ask u a ?, what is the best way to utilize cold blooded, lead in with it as an attack, or first hit the opponent with a much faster basic move(such as 1 or 11 or f1)and then link into cold blooded, any suggestions, to let u know if it helps I do not play online, any suggestion would be for CPU hard , thanks