What's new

Guide Sub VS Reptile

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
reserved for individual subzero player views on the matchup, awaiting walls/essays

QWARK28​
From my point of view, this matchup is heavily based on zoning, you need to know some things about reptiles zoning.
forceballs are the death of you, never let reptile pump these out non-stop, the slow ones are frametraps just outside dash distance and he gets a free blockstring when he dashes in after you've blocked.​
Acid spit is 7%, ice ball is jip b121 to 2/throw 50/50.​
Your goal in this matchup is to put that bitch in the corner and fuck its brains out, you have to be careful of his EX slide which as armour and will go through your 21!2 and of his EX dash which will switch sides and put you at -5.​
EX dash is +5 but can be 22'd on his way back, risky option but even on block you can squeeze out a D3 clone which will keep reptile out if he attempts a 321 which is SPECIAL HIGH.​
don't worry about ex slide unless you're nearing the corner.​
when it comes to inyourface pressure, remember, fastest d4 in the game and a 9f combo starter, things very useful vs slow ass normals reptile​
staying within his dash range is key, he can't throw out forceballs without you jumping over them for full combo punish and he can't whiff his dash anymore to get near you fast, he now has to rely on his normals, mainly D4, B1 and F2​
don't whiff anything, if reptile catches you with a dash he can dash twice more to switch sides and be fullscreen​
be wary of his ex forceballs whenever you make a trade with iceball vs forceball take the free slide, pushes him to the corner and the damage dealt is equal to the damage received, you win space and perhaps further a lifelead​
whiffed dash=free blockstring, take the damn thing​
D4 invisibility is neutral, 32 is -4 for reptile but you won't see it coming fast enough to punish it, use clone.​
know when to break, take some damage if it allows you to be able to break reptile right in the corner and use ex slide if it will as well.​
if you happen to jump right on top of a forceball, clone to push yourself back.​
be aware that there are many ways reptile can switch sides, heres a list​
Dash on hit​
Ghost Dash​
Throw​
Forceball juggle​
EX Slide note: he can whiff a slide as you jip, its safe.​
321 BnB​

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
POST SOON TO BE FILLED WITH SPOILERS OF SUBZERO VS REPTILE MATCHES

DARK ROB​
TOM BRADY​
All I cound find for now, will add MOAR​

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm still experimenting with this match and not sure how I feel about it yet. I'll post my thoughts soon though

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I always thought trading was a good idea but at higher level I realize that it is not except for acid spit as previously mentioned...they start doing the slow ball fast ball shenanigans to keep you locked in place and your trades get stuffed since sub has slow ass projectile start up :/ and those force balls are basically floating combo opportunities

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I always thought trading was a good idea but at higher level I realize that it is not except for acid spit as previously mentioned...they start doing the slow ball fast ball shenanigans to keep you locked in place and your trades get stuffed since sub has slow ass projectile start up :/ and those force balls are basically floating combo opportunities
trading is good when you can get a slide in

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ya I've found that my reads have gotten a lot better so I end up getting the combo but against certain reptiles, that blows me up.
most of the time not getting the slide will allow the reptile to dash punish you

its baitable but it happened to me during a tournament, was forced to take the guaranteed damage when it mattered

Ill post this for now and explain in more detail later my idea of the Match :

Ok this matchup is not that hard for me. I’ve dealt with many reptiles offline and online. I trained against and played Tyler lantern’s (offline) reptile,Showtimes (online), Cossner (online) ,and Clint the beast (offline). I make this match up aggravating due to the patience I show to his zoning game. I’ve also had Denzel to back me up on little tidbits off this match up but this pretty much the jist of the MU.

One do not let reptile zone you ever!!! now this how this works ex force ball is the only thing reptile has to keep you away from him other than other force balls in this Mu. Well the way I play it is about trades ,clone,D4's more clones meter and corner. Reptiles only means to stay out the corner is dash but he needs room to do it. The goal at full screen is to get half screen in. if reptile gets into a zone mood pay attention to what he throws at you.
Reptile loses all trades if you trade with force ball, if its completely full screen away you get dash slide knock down. If reptile has meter be weary on positioning and option a clone drop, but first block low to see if he going to wake up slide if not d3 pick up pressure but end with clone. Your mission against reptile is to keep him off meter. Once reptile has no meter and in the corner he’s a dead lizard. Clones will frustrate reptile because he wants to dash but can't. If you can take half screen away from reptile and keep clones up in that position or closer reptile can’t opt for dash jump overs taking away that option.

Now next is Force balls, acid spit, exforcballs and ex acid spit all acid spit can be duck all projectiles at close ranges and be 2, 2 punished. Now how do you win the trading game. All oppnts have a different patterns on how to apply the zone pressure. Ok so option you have ill present a few situations , slow force | ball acid spit which cover jump attempt sub should block this or ex slide, acid spit will beat ex freeze just block next scenario, slow force ball dash this option clone is needed to nullify the situation why because this usually how it goes slow force ball comes out clone this stops or makes them think on the dash option or they get frozen or if they have space to dash jump the clone space 1 character length the clone and prepare for a AA preferably 22 freeze or 2 freeze which sometimes result into a knock into the clone. next scenario slow ex force ball fast ball this option you should blk or exslide through forceballs. as seen in the vid posted. No ex slow balls go for ex freeze trade. one thing I’ve noticed about this match up though you can just generally block and walk all the zone attempts duck acid spit an drop clones 3/4 screen is a good spot to try to force trades but don’t rely too heavy on them or you might caught by dumb stuff . If you block enforce balls do not retaliate just blk you’re at a disadvantage on frames let reptile get his pressure adjust to get him off or just blk it’s not that bad.Also another good solid thing you can use in the match up is d4 clone also mix it up but d4 clone make reptile thing about advancing Now the main thing about this fight for reptile is meter he has to keep it to get out the corner he needs it to live once reptile is in the corner then it’s all downhill for him on reaction too tsk tsk. Clone wall game: first of all once reptile is cornered pressure drop clone 212 clone or 214 clone mainly if reptile is frozen in the air in the corner 222, kills his wake ups
again low block if he has meter for ex slide attempts if he doesn’t d3 pick up pressure into clone again be weary of his meter for slide opts or you can force his option to use meter with slide if you have the life take the ex-slide hit because reptile is on the run really by now so just look for that opportunity to ex slide any zone attempts and throw him back into the corner now he doesn’t have meter or much meter burn reptile can’t afford the corner he just can’t Tom Brady said this right the right reads kills him definite here if they want to jump out the corner you read or guess he will AAk jump kick beat this and into the clone he goes, reptile hit box is medium so the 212 clone slide trap works here too and if he goes for ex force ball charge up then ex slide this it will take the ball and knock him into the clone I hope this helped and I covered enough of this match up at least my Idea there’s more I can say but if you would like to hear this I’ll explain it later I’m tired of typing :)

oh btw Punishment Punish fast force ball/ice blast trade with slide slowforce ball/ice blast trade at full screen trade is skeptical about slide i would not suggest it due to tight timigh you migh just get blocked. ex dash block 1st hit d3, or clone the 2nd hit. dash on block 2.2. freeze. slide on block 2.2. freeze. punish all projectiles upclose on block 2.2 freeze

what you think I know thers more but i gave a pretty much jist of how the match can go or to push it to subs favor
@lionheart
@Seapeople
@Tom Brady
@cpt_xecution
@STB CharlieMurphy
@STB Sgt Reed
@Quantum_Mekanikz
@Enenra
@NKZERO92
@rubmytaco
@loogie

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
paragraphs man... :( I just couldn't focus on that wall o' text. And I'm positive its littered with goodness.

edit: i would post what I think.... but it'll get lost after a month and i'm tired of that happening. I'll wait until we get a better situation with Character matchups.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
The matchup is 5-5 imo.

Reptile wins the zoning battle but EX Freeze/EX Slide if used at the right time can stop him. Ice Clone fucks up the elbow dash and Sub's corner game destroys Reptile.

I have to give my opinion that it's 6-4 in Reptiles favor, close 5/5.

High level Reptiles just have too many forceball setups and dash shenanigans to call it definitively even.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll have to try this out more then. I usually save my meter to EX Slide him into clones.
no reason to take 30... when you can take more and make him scarred to throw out FB's when you have a bar.

I play this without breaking as much as a I can. Simply because I typically only get hit by a FB combo... which is only 30%.