Match-up Discussion Stryker Matchup Discussion Thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Jade.

I plan to shoot her.
With bullets.
Repeatedly.

How does one fight Staff with Baton?

I've never played this match before, but tell me something: Does Standing 4 beat Overhead Smash?
I really hope it does. Yes.

LEGEND

YES!
Jade.

I plan to shoot her.
With bullets.
Repeatedly.

How does one fight Staff with Baton?

I've never played this match before, but tell me something: Does Standing 4 beat Overhead Smash?
I really hope it does. Yes.
its 5-5

D4G/C and 4 pokes negate her footsy game.
her close game is nothing to worry about so you can throw out roll toss on read without fear
her normals aren't fast enough/advancing to challenge 2/3/D4 G/Cs
4-roll toss punishes the overhead smash on reaction
She still has to respect the Gun at full screen

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Muchos gracias, Lethal & Espio.
The bullets. They will find her. Yes.

Well, probably not bullets. Flash & Glow negate bullets.
But you get the general idea.

LEGEND

YES!
Muchos gracias, Lethal & Espio.
The bullets. They will find her. Yes.

Well, probably not bullets. Flash & Glow negate bullets.
But you get the general idea.
thats the great thing about G/Cs. Characters like smoke,Jade,Kenshi and Nightwolf still have to respect the gun because of the cancel options thus in turn allowing you to occasionally pop off a few rounds

:cool:

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How do you guys feel about the Liu Kang MU? I literally haven't fought ANY Stykers. And if I have, they were completly new to the game.

Espio

Kokomo
5-5, maybe 4.5-5.5

alot of weird footsies and mind games go on in this MU. overall damage output and risk/reward is kinda even at all ranges
This match up does feel good for Stryker, he's one of the few people who can punish Kenshi's downward sky slashes and teleflurry from fairly far away without meter, thanks man:).

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
How does one beat a good mileena player i for the life of my can't get around her EX Tele if any has the time i would love a long post on this match up......:rolleyes:

LEGEND

YES!
How does one beat a good mileena player i for the life of my can't get around her EX Tele if any has the time i would love a long post on this match up......:rolleyes:
as far as i know you can't really punish EX telekick with stryker but what you can't do is go directly into pressure after you block it

your only counter to her D4 is to read it then throw out your own, if she does do D4 at that point her hitbox will extend into yours giving you the advantage needed to create pressure. problem with this is that if mileena knows what you are doing she can throw out a Roll to counter your counter, at this point its just becomes one big mindgame.

also in this MU neither character can zone without getting punished, if mileena tries to zone at all make sure she pays for it

and whatever you do, do not jump

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Stryker can punish The EX telekick. Anybody in this game can, it's just a matter on knowing how to block it. You have to block the first kick high and ALWAYS, ALWAYS block the second kick low. From there you can do D1 xx Roll toss. Now im curious if we can actually do D1 xx gunshot..D1/D4 xx roll toss (I think we should but I dont remember). Now let's just hope negative edge doesn't get in the way too often.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Stryker can punish The EX telekick. Anybody in this game can, it's just a matter on knowing how to block it. You have to block the first kick high and ALWAYS, ALWAYS block the second kick low. From there you can do D1 xx Roll toss. Now im curious if we can actually do D1 xx gunshot..D1/D4 xx roll toss (I think we should but I dont remember). Now let's just hope negative edge doesn't get in the way too often.
i try that but her second kick is so low that i can't and even so then she cancels in to sai blast

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
i try that but her second kick is so low that i can't and even so then she cancels in to sai blast
Ok I just tested it with the help of Joker8417

for the regular telekick, it seems a lot easier to block it high then do a D1 or Standing 1 depending on how late the opponent throws the sai. If it doesnt throw the sai at all then it's easy punish.

For the EN telekick, like I said you after you block the first kick high, block the second hit low then do D1 xx gunshot~slight dash into D4 xx roll toss. The second kick seems to have some crazy stun in it. I find it a lot harder to punish the second kick if the opponent doesnt do the sai. With the delayed/instant sai I was able to punish it. I wish I had a camera to record it for you.

So for punishment based on landing D1, you should be able to do the followings:
1. D1 xx roll toss
2. D1 xx gunshot (possibly followed by standing 4)
3. D1 xx baton sweep (kinda doubt it. I need to experiment with it more)
4. D4 xx gunshot ~ D4 xx roll toss (I think the D4 is for late sai)
5. D1 xx gunshot ~ D1/D4 Roll toss (20% damage)

Now im pretty sure you can do a variation with EN gunshot and roll toss for extra damage.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Ok I just tested it with the help of Joker8417

for the regular telekick, it seems a lot easier to block it high then do a D1 or Standing 1 depending on how late the opponent throws the sai. If it doesnt throw the sai at all then it's easy punish.

For the EN telekick, like I said you after you block the first kick high, block the second hit low then do D1 xx gunshot~slight dash into D4 xx roll toss. The second kick seems to have some crazy stun in it. I find it a lot harder to punish the second kick if the opponent doesnt do the sai. With the delayed/instant sai I was able to punish it. I wish I had a camera to record it for you.

So for punishment based on landing D1, you should be able to do the followings:
1. D1 xx roll toss
2. D1 xx gunshot (possibly followed by standing 4)
3. D1 xx baton sweep (kinda doubt it. I need to experiment with it more)
4. D4 xx gunshot ~ D4 xx roll toss (I think the D4 is for late sai)
5. D1 xx gunshot ~ D1/D4 Roll toss (20% damage)

Now im pretty sure you can do a variation with EN gunshot and roll toss for extra damage.

thx man il see how it turns out

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
is it possible for her to be low enough to hit you with sai even in crouched block?
yes she can delay the sai and do it so close to the ground that it hits you while crouching. The good thing is the delay is in your advantage because the stun from the second kick will wear off and make it even easier for you to land the D1. Good news is that if you let go of block and stay crouching the sai will whiff.