What's new

Strongest opponent Scorpion could beat?

In a straight up fist fight he's tough enough to take on most of the non superhuman side of the cast while his teleport, hellfire, blades and spear give him a slight edge against those who rely solely on hand to hand.

He's string enough to outstrength characters like Bane and Killer Croc and again has some slightly better tools than they do available to take them out or deal critical damage (Croc is a tad slow to do anything about teleport and his skin won't protect him from hellfire while Bane's tubes are a huge vulnerability since scorpions teleport and blades would make it a bit tough to deal with.)

Characters going into superhuman levels are tougher for him to deal with, the lower end superhumans like Cyborg I could see him deal with so only way he'd win would probably to just BFR them to hell (he has absolutely no hope of tagging anyone with remote superhuman speed or reflex's)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Bane's tubes are a huge vulnerability since scorpions teleport and blades would make it a bit tough to deal with.
Depends with which Bane you're dealing with. Sometimes Bane doesn't use venom at all and he is an absolute beast. I still think in general in a fight that Scorpion would win, but non-venom Bane is no push-over.

Regular Bane can rip an arm off dudes with battlesuits, new 52 bane on venom can leap to the top of a lighthouse (i think) and he gets faster and smarter (i think). i think he's fast enough to rip something from scorpion's body.

Scorpion is just a generic ninja with the ability to breath fire. He may give the low level street heroes/villains a problem but after that he gets destroyed by everyone else.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
@CalDW19940

I argue Scorpion (and other MK character) feats and stats all the time on Comicvine.

Scorpion is a mid-tier meta-human according to his stats in speed, durability, strength, and that is on top of his high skill level. The X-factor with Scorpion though is the Netherrealm, and the fact that he can get stronger when he is there. Since he can also go there, as well as transport others there too, at will, makes him extremely hard to deal with unless you can shut that aspect of him down. Add to that the fact that his powers only grow there, and that the NR drains life from others, and you can see a big reason why he could go toe to toe with bigger named DC characters than you might think.

Who is the strongest guy Scorpion could beat? IDK. Take a look at my Mortal Kombat Power/Stat Grid, and you might get a better idea of where Scorpion (and other MK characters) stand in-terms of other comic characters.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/onilordasmodeus/blog/mortal-kombat-character-power-grid-mk-power-levels/83343/

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
But then he'd be fighting himself.
That's deep lol.

Beats:
Batman, Batgirl, NW, GA, HG, Joker, HQ, Lex, CW, DS, KF, Bane, Cyborg, Zod (they all lose to Scorpion's mystical abilities)
GL (I consider Scorpion's will for revenge to be more powerful than GL's power of will, so GL loses his power source, + the fear factor)
Grundy (Scorpion gets grabbed by Grundy, teleports to hell and Grundy burns eternally. He has no escape)
Superman (susceptible to magic. Scorpion's fire is magical I believe, so by always burning Superman can't touch him, or he dies)
Sinestro (Scorpion doesn't give a crap about fear, so Sinestro's source of power is nullified)

Goes even:
Doomsday (eternally killing each other and respawning)
Ares (going even in battle, + Ares gets stronger from Scorpion's wraith, war and revenge desire)
Flash (Scorpion just couldn't catch him, but Flash has nothing against Scorpion either)

Not sure:
Wonder Woman (if she's immune to fire and magic, than they might go even; if Scorpion is smart enough to tie her hands, than she loses)
Raven (the only way to somehow beat Scorpion is to banish him, and if Raven is capable of doing that, than Scorpion loses hard)
Shazam and Black Adam (might go even, don't know if they have something powerful enough against Scorpion, or Scorpion against them).

Interesting match-up:
Lobo (I see Lobo messing with Scorp's moral code and stuff. Lobo would mentally destroy Scorpion. Physically - not sure.)

That's deep lol.

Beats:
Batman, Batgirl, NW, GA, HG, Joker, HQ, Lex, CW, DS, KF, Bane, Cyborg, Zod (they all lose to Scorpion's mystical abilities)
GL (I consider Scorpion's will for revenge to be more powerful than GL's power of will, so GL loses his power source, + the fear factor)
Grundy (Scorpion gets grabbed by Grundy, teleports to hell and Grundy burns eternally. He has no escape)
Superman (susceptible to magic. Scorpion's fire is magical I believe, so by always burning Superman can't touch him, or he dies)
Sinestro (Scorpion doesn't give a crap about fear, so Sinestro's source of power is nullified)

Goes even:
Doomsday (eternally killing each other and respawning)
Ares (going even in battle, + Ares gets stronger from Scorpion's wraith, war and revenge desire)
Flash (Scorpion just couldn't catch him, but Flash has nothing against Scorpion either)

Not sure:
Wonder Woman (if she's immune to fire and magic, than they might go even; if Scorpion is smart enough to tie her hands, than she loses)
Raven (the only way to somehow beat Scorpion is to banish him, and if Raven is capable of doing that, than Scorpion loses hard)
Shazam and Black Adam (might go even, don't know if they have something powerful enough against Scorpion, or Scorpion against them).

Interesting match-up:
Lobo (I see Lobo messing with Scorp's moral code and stuff. Lobo would mentally destroy Scorpion. Physically - not sure.)
red ones win by knockout/incapacitation/temporary kill. green stands a chance. they are all faster than scorpion, even Grundy is.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
red ones win by knockout/incapacitation/temporary kill. green stands a chance. they are all faster than scorpion, even Grundy is.
Agreed about Doomsday, Ares, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Black Adam. But still no definitive win from their part.
Green Arrow and Bane have nothing against Scorpion's teleport or fire spawning. And Grundy's speed doesn't mean anything, since once he touches Scorpion he gets transported to hell where he will burn eternally.

Agreed about Doomsday, Ares, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Black Adam. But still no definitive win from their part.
Green Arrow and Bane have nothing against Scorpion's teleport or fire spawning. And Grundy's speed doesn't mean anything, since once he touches Scorpion he get transported to hell where he will burn eternally.
actually scorpion has to touch them and transport them, it's by will not a reflex. grundy could just punch him and win by knockout, or do an instant fatality to him. i believe a win is achieved by a kill, incapacitation or knockout. grundy can react faster than scorpion IMO.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
actually scorpion has to touch them and transport them, it's by will not a reflex. grundy could just punch him and win by knockout, or do an instant fatality to him. i believe a win is achieved by a kill, incapacitation or knockout. grundy can react faster than scorpion IMO.
Scorpion is a ninja clan leader. He has fast reflexes. And teleport is like any move, it can be done on reflex.

Scorpion is a ninja clan leader. He has fast reflexes. And teleport is like any move, it can be done on reflex.
grundy can catch the flash while in a fight. i think that's better reflexes, green lantern and sinestro's power source aren't depleted by scorpion's lack of fear too. i mean if grundy touches him his body's instant reaction won't be teleport to NR, it may be crap his pants in a normal person. i mean the body not scorpion's reaction. i think i'm confusing.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
grundy can catch the flash while in a fight. i think that's better reflexes, green lantern and sinestro's power source aren't depleted by scorpion's lack of fear too. i mean if grundy touches him his body's instant reaction won't be teleport to NR, it may be crap his pants in a normal person. i mean the body not scorpion's reaction. i think i'm confusing.
You're right, teleporting would be a mind reflex, not a body reflex. Like a thought. It'd be almost instant.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
yeah, maybe he stands a chance againts grundy depending on speed, how powerful is he in the netherrealm?
His powers increase, plus the netherrealm sucks powers from anything that is not Scorpion or any of its inhabitants.
And Grundy having reflexes to catch Flash is ridiculous. That man moves at an unbelievable speeds :confused:
Sinestro and GL are physical beings, not that protected nor physycally untouchable. They lose physically. And, as I know, their ability to construct from their rigs depends on their will power (GL) and fear inducement (Sinestro), which are mental states. I believe Scorpion has a more stable and unalterable mental state. Thus he wins mentally also, not by being mentally better, but just by not reacting mentally to fear and by messing with GL's mental state.

His powers increase, plus the netherrealm sucks powers from anything that is not Scorpion or any of its inhabitants.
And Grundy having reflexes to catch Flash is ridiculous. That man moves at an unbelievable speeds :confused:
Sinestro and GL are physical beings, not that protected nor physycally untouchable. They lose physically. And, as I know, their ability to construct from their rigs depends on their will power (GL) and fear inducement (Sinestro), which are mental states. I believe Scorpion has a more stable and unalterable mental state. Thus he wins mentally also, not by being mentally better, but just by not reacting mentally to fear and by messing with GL's mental state.
sinestro doesn't need to make scorpion fear, he just needs to be capable of making someone fear him, and he's always capable, the gl rings have automatic personal forcefields, and sorry, the flash that grundy catched was jay garrick, the old man flash.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Of the characters that you guys are discussing (GL, Sinestro, Doomsday), none of them should have a problem against Scorpion. They all can move Superman fast (to a degree), and though Scorpion can use teleportation, his strength and speed are FAR below them. Maybe if we were talking about EG Champion Scorpion, or Armageddon Scorpion, then he might have a chance, but anything short of that is not much of a threat to these guys unless there are some extreme circumstances going on...like if GL/Sinestro's ring just died (or was dieing) or something like that.