What's new

Strongest opponent Scorpion could beat?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Lex throws money at him till he dies. Buys real estate in hell and evicts him. Homeless spirit wanders the ether with Noob Saibot mocking him for eternity.

Have you ever seen a skull cry?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
he's also the only character I know of now in the DC universe who actually kills people. I'm version I'll get blown up for this - I don't know DC lore very well.

There are a lot of characters in the DC universe who kills people. Right out of my mind: Deathstroke, Doomsday, Bane, Joker, Harley Quinn, Sinestro...and these are only from the Injustice cast.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think Scorpion could beat Batman. According to the DC lore, Bruce is the BEST martial artist. Could Scorpion beat the allmighty Liu Kang? Don't think so. And Batman is, theorically, as good as the shaolin monk... if not better.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
There are a lot of characters in the DC universe who kills people. Right out of my mind: Deathstroke, Doomsday, Bane, Joker, Harley Quinn, Sinestro...and these are only from the Injustice cast.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think Scorpion could beat Batman. According to the DC lore, Bruce is the BEST martial artist. Could Scorpion beat the allmighty Liu Kang? Don't think so. And Batman is, theorically, as good as the shaolin monk... if not better.
Liu Kang was more than human- he too has fireballs.. Batman is the BEST martial artist.. But is only human.. Scorpion wins.. Fatality.. (Sorry Bruce)

Egoflux

Noob
What are Scorpion's feats? Has he officially beaten anyone in mk besides Sub Zero? And Batman is not THE best in DC lore; he's ONE of the best. Handful of people can match him and a very small group can actually beat him.

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
What are Scorpion's feats? Has he officially beaten anyone in mk besides Sub Zero? And Batman is not THE best in DC lore; he's ONE of the best. Handful of people can match him and a very small group can actually beat him.
Track record doesn't really matter. Scorpion didn't do a lot of fighting in the tournament because he didn't have to.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.

Of course, a handful of people can match him (Cassandra Cayne, Shiva), and even some defeated him (Bane, for example). But is kind of the general "consensus" that he is the best after he defeated Shiva (considered, until then, the best martial artist) several times.

But we can't know for sure, unless DC pulls a crazy move and throw a "Mortal Kombat Tournament" as one of the new plots for his New52 universe. :D

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
In a hypothetical...

1. Scorpion is by no means immortal. I don't think there is anything historically that would support that.
2. Scorpion is not a demon. He is a human sent to the Netherrealm and later to hell.
3. If we're really going to do this we need to find a character akin to Scorpion in a comical universe. The two that come to mind are Spawn (not DCU) and Spectre.
3a. Spawn because of his ability to summon hellish powers.
3b. Specter because he is neither living or dead. He is in a state of oblivion. I don't think it is fair to call him a ghost.
4. We have to establish whether or not Scorpion's powers are mystical (magic) or ethereal (of the earth). If they are mystical or magic, we can almost completely throw out Superman.
4a. The trouble arguing a Superman fight would not be a matter of if Superman could/would kill Scorpion since Scorpion is neither living or dead. The trouble with a Superman argument is if Superman were able to actually kill, would he kill Scorpion (considering his moral philosophy).
4b. If Scorpion is somehow defeated by Superman, he would only return to the Netherrealm.
5. Scorpion was formerly a ninja so tactically he is versed in several weapons, has a strong tolerance for pain (if he even still feels pain), *possibly studied the teachings of Sun Tzu (Art of War) and is very capable of adapting to his surroundings.
5a. The Batman Family (for the most part) loses this match up not because of Scorpion being a ninja but because of all the extra stuff. If it is a FIGHT without all the extras edge is probably more in Batman's favor because he is well versed ninjutsu in addition to several other martial arts. They are even in almost everything even height and weight until we consider experience, adaptation and knowledge. Scorpion can win in the experience category but he may be out matched in knowledge and adaptation (maybe even intellect... still, Scorpion did lead an entire clan of ninjas). With all of that said, the Batman bunch loses because of the mythical qualities Scorpion possesses.
6. So, with all of that there are still several other considerations that could be made but I will conclude with this one... Since we are talking about a corrupted soul and a being neither living or dead we are dealing with a mystical being. Though the most similar character in the DC Universe is Spectre, here are a few more undead characters: Solomon Grundy, Black Lanterns and Deadman. THE KICKER in all of this is what or who can end what is neither living or dead, and if that thing were to challenge Scorpion would they be able to stop him before his assaulting them.
6a. That person has to have some knowledge of necromancy and the black and white arts.

Taking all of that in here are the character I believe could take out Scorpion (I nerded out too much so if you want a reason I'll give it later):
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Madame Xanadu
Doctor Fate
Raven?
Black Alice?

I won't do it but I'm interested to see how the Lazarus Pit and the inclusion of the Sandman canon play into all of this.

Enenra

Go to hell.
He would body anyone but the top tier swoll super human guys, he's a fucking hell ninja. Then I think it comes down to how much abuse he can really take, and if his weapons are magical. Hell swords seem like they would have the ability to cut Supes. Also, can he take heroes to hell with him? I think that would tilt it in his advantage astronomically

His swords are magical I think so he could theoretically kill superman.

he's also the only character I know of now in the DC universe who actually kills people. I'm version I'll get blown up for this - I don't know DC lore very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
superman will fight back and is faster.

black canary, karate kid, lady shiva, bronze tiger, richard dragon are better martial artists, probably wildcat too.

Batman has been outstrengthed before many times when he's not prepared for the fight (hence Bane breaking Batmans Back) and Scorpion is at least Meta Human strength like Bane since he has no trouble ripping human arms and legs straight out of their sockets. (infact you'd need to be about as strong as a gorilla to do that effortlessly which are naturally 8X stronger than adult males.)

Oh and guys I'm not asking who could outright kill scorpion for good, I just mean kill him at least once or KO him and who he could take without either happening at least once. A few people seem to think I'm wondering if someone could kill him forever :V

A fight between Grundy and Scorpion will never end
Grundy can be incapacitated and knocked out, so can Scorpion. They will come back eventually yes but in a fight to see who can either KO or leave the other unable to continue the fight there and then wins :V

Batman has been outstrengthed before many times when he's not prepared for the fight (hence Bane breaking Batmans Back) and Scorpion is at least Meta Human strength like Bane since he has no trouble ripping human arms and legs straight out of their sockets. (infact you'd need to be about as strong as a gorilla to do that effortlessly which are naturally 8X stronger than adult males.)

Oh and guys I'm not asking who could outright kill scorpion for good, I just mean kill him at least once or KO him and who he could take without either happening at least once. A few people seem to think I'm wondering if someone could kill him forever :V
what about terry? the batman beyond suit makes him 10x stronger but i think scorpion with teleportation, his sword and hellfire would win.

Grundy can be incapacitated and knocked out, so can Scorpion. They will come back eventually yes but in a fight to see who can either KO or leave the other unable to continue the fight there and then wins :V
every grundy fight depends on the version of grundy. if it's batman tier grundy scorpion wins because he's faster and could summon hellfire from within grundy, if he's superman tier grundy breaks him apart.

what about terry? the batman beyond suit makes him 10x stronger but i think scorpion with teleportation, his sword and hellfire would win.
I could see Terry going toe to toe with Scorpion in a random encounter though I'm not sure how he'd be able to KO him long enough to call it a victory, Scorpion would almost always be going for killing blows too which Terry would probably try to avoid doing himself first for a while till he knows that Scorpion won't go down as easy. I can't really remember what standard equipment Terry had on him for most battles in Beyond as I've not seen the show in a loooong time xD

And yeah Batman fighter Grundy would go down pretty quick but versions that fight the league and green lanterns regularly will probably snap Scorpion in half :V

I could see Terry going toe to toe with Scorpion in a random encounter though I'm not sure how he'd be able to KO him long enough to call it a victory, Scorpion would almost always be going for killing blows too which Terry would probably try to avoid doing himself first for a while till he knows that Scorpion won't go down as easy. I can't really remember what standard equipment Terry had on him for most battles in Beyond as I've not seen the show in a loooong time xD

And yeah Batman fighter Grundy would go down pretty quick but versions that fight the league and green lanterns regularly will probably snap Scorpion in half :V
terry has jet boots, stealth mode, and i guess different kind of batarangs, i don't think he can beat scorpion because he could just teleport with stabbing attacks, hellfire is probably more effective than regular fire.

terry has jet boots, stealth mode, and i guess different kind of batarangs, i don't think he can beat scorpion because he could just teleport with stabbing attacks, hellfire is probably more effective than regular fire.
Stealth may be hard to use on Scorpion too being that he's a ninja himself...Scorpion just has a lot more deadly weapons for fatal blows than Terry even if Terry is physically stronger in a fist fight.

do you think smoke bombs could work?
I honestly don't know...how does Scorpion even see without eyes? xD If his vision work like normal humans smoke bombs ontop of the stealth the suit offers Terry could make him difficult for Scorpion to detect and would have to rely on his other senses incase Terry tries to throw something out at him or sneak up and knock him out.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.

Shiva kicked his ass didn't she?

I honestly don't know...how does Scorpion even see without eyes? xD If his vision work like normal humans smoke bombs ontop of the stealth the suit offers Terry could make him difficult for Scorpion to detect and would have to rely on his other senses incase Terry tries to throw something out at him or sneak up and knock him out.
he has a body with blood and bones so i guess he is susceptible to sonic attacks. i believe when he shows his skull he uses some kind of illusion or magical shapeshifting.

he has a body with blood and bones so i guess he is susceptible to sonic attacks. i believe when he shows his skull he uses some kind of illusion or magical shapeshifting.
It would be weird if that was just an illusion since he wouldn't exactly have ears to damage but he gets effected by many head bursting fatalities in MK so I assume it acts the same as anyone else :L

It would be weird if that was just an illusion since he wouldn't exactly have ears to damage but he gets effected by many head bursting fatalities in MK so I assume it acts the same as anyone else :L
that's why i think the skull is some kind of illusion, when he's unconscious he keeps his normal head.