What's new

Strongest opponent Scorpion could beat?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It's difficult, due to MK we don't have an exact idea of just how durable his body is, nor how strong he is.
Stronger than most humans, or Batman? Almost certainly. But Superman strong? Bane strong? It's not like we've seen him lift a building or anything, and in Injustice he isn't a power character...

As for durability, if it is purely a fight, and therefore the idea that he can just respawn or whatever was removed from the equation, it doesn't look like Scorpion is all that durable canonically. I mean yes, in MK he is fighting some badasses etc. but people of average --> above average strength can mess up his body pretty badly.

I'd say canonically he could take Batman, Hawkman/Hawkgirl maybe. Probably Killer Frost.
He could probably take Bane as well I think, given his powerset.
While he does have magic, he's still not fast enough to take down Flash or Superman without prep-time. I don't think he can take Green Lantern either... or most of the other colour Lanterns in a straight fight.

I'd put him above Batman + Bat-Family + Bat villains tier but I'm not sure about others. He might be able to take Aquaman...

It's difficult, due to MK we don't have an exact idea of just how durable his body is, nor how strong he is.
Stronger than most humans, or Batman? Almost certainly. But Superman strong? Bane strong? It's not like we've seen him lift a building or anything, and in Injustice he isn't a power character...

As for durability, if it is purely a fight, and therefore the idea that he can just respawn or whatever was removed from the equation, it doesn't look like Scorpion is all that durable canonically. I mean yes, in MK he is fighting some badasses etc. but people of average --> above average strength can mess up his body pretty badly.

I'd say canonically he could take Batman, Hawkman/Hawkgirl maybe. Probably Killer Frost.
While he does have magic, he's still not fast enough to take down Flash or Superman without prep-time. I don't think he can take Green Lantern either... or most of the other colour Lanterns in a straight fight.

I'd put him above Batman + Bat-Family + Bat villains tier but I'm not sure about others. He might be able to take Aquaman...
don't you think killer frost could absorb hellfire? also i don't think he can beat hawkman, idk if hawkgirl is as fierce as him.

Reedoms

Noob
This question is a little hard to answer considering "strong" opponents (Martian Manhunter) could be beaten by him while "weak" opponents could probably beat him (Green Arrow).

According to the DC lore, Bruce is the BEST martial artist.
There's a tier list for these sorts of thing. You've got Karate Kid at God-Tier as the best martial artist of all time and the O-Sensei just below him as the best martial artist in the 20th/21st century. Below him you've got the 3 students who trained under him: Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon (all of whom could easily slap Batmans shit). Then you've got people who are under these guys who are of notable martial skills but not nearly the best. People like Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke and Deathstroke(sorta). Under this you've got the normal peoples tier with the guys like Batman, Question, and Blue Beetle.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
don't you think killer frost could absorb hellfire? also i don't think he can beat hawkman, idk if hawkgirl is as fierce as him.
Killer Frost ain't exactly the same tier in comics as she is in the game. She's been taken out by some people with scrub-ass power levels. She isn't crazy durable, but she does have an impressive powerset. Throw in the fact that Scorpion has dedicated his life to murdering guys with ice-powers and that Killer Frost likely hasn't come across anyone as brutal as Scorpion or with his power set.

The exact properties of Hell-fire are unknown, but advantage Scorpion for sure. I think he could take Captain Cold too most likely.

Hawkman has aerial advantage which could be an issue for Scorpion... but he isn't durable or strong to the extremes that others are. A little bit of "get over here" might sort out that aerial advantage.

Killer Frost ain't exactly the same tier in comics as she is in the game. She's been taken out by some people with scrub-ass power levels. She isn't crazy durable, but she does have an impressive powerset. Throw in the fact that Scorpion has dedicated his life to murdering guys with ice-powers and that Killer Frost likely hasn't come across anyone as brutal as Scorpion or with his power set.

The exact properties of Hell-fire are unknown, but advantage Scorpion for sure. I think he could take Captain Cold too most likely.

Hawkman has aerial advantage which could be an issue for Scorpion... but he isn't durable or strong to the extremes that others are. A little bit of "get over here" might sort out that aerial advantage.
well i think captain cold has a faster draw than sub zero can use his powers, and the cold field is pretty useful, but if he can create hellfire inside the cold field then advantage scorpion. i just think killer frost is better agains a fire user than sub zero is.

This question is a little hard to answer considering "strong" opponents (Martian Manhunter) could be beaten by him while "weak" opponents could probably beat him (Green Arrow).

There's a tier list for these sorts of thing. You've got Karate Kid at God-Tier as the best martial artist of all time and the O-Sensei just below him as the best martial artist in the 20th/21st century. Below him you've got the 3 students who trained under him: Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon (all of whom could easily slap Batmans shit). Then you've got people who are under these guys who are of notable martial skills but not nearly the best. People like Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke and Deathstroke(sorta). Under this you've got the normal peoples tier with the guys like Batman, Question, and Blue Beetle.
where would you put wildcat and black canary in terms of fighting skill?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
well i think captain cold has a faster draw than sub zero can use his powers, and the cold field is pretty useful, but if he can create hellfire inside the cold field then advantage scorpion. i just think killer frost is better agains a fire user than sub zero is.
Depends which Captain Cold as well. Guns Cold could have his guns taken away, Meta Cold couldn't. As for KF, I think you might be overrating her capabilities IMO, I know I don't like her so I'm prob biased but I think Subby-Z could take her

Reedoms

Noob
i didn't even know connor was a worthwhile fighter.
He's like Taskmaster sorta. He watches someone fight and he can learn from it. He fought Shiva and Richard Dragon toe to toe.

Depends which Captain Cold as well. Guns Cold could have his guns taken away, Meta Cold couldn't. As for KF, I think you might be overrating her capabilities IMO, I know I don't like her so I'm prob biased but I think Subby-Z could take her
Sub-Zero would kill Killer Frost instantly considering freezing temperatures hurt her. Against Scorpion though she would most likely be made so strong by his fire that she could overpower him, it's how she usually beats Firestorm or people who don't realize she actually likes heat.

sub zero could take her, but not scorpion, she's weak againts ice and gets a power up from fire. also, i don't think guns captain cold can be touched by scorpion with cold field up.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
sub zero could take her, but not scorpion, she's weak againts ice and gets a power up from fire. also, i don't think guns captain cold can be touched by scorpion with cold field up.
Like with the other match-up thread we did a while ago, we don't know enough about the cold-field or hell-fire in this case to come to a conclusion. I think Scorps could still take KF though, see even if she slings cold power stuff his way I'm not sure it matters. Canonically we've seen Scorpion be frozen and break out of it, plus as he is not technically living we don't know how much extreme weather conditions effect him.

I just really don't rate her that highly.

Like with the other match-up thread we did a while ago, we don't know enough about the cold-field or hell-fire in this case to come to a conclusion. I think Scorps could still take KF though, see even if she slings cold power stuff his way I'm not sure it matters. Canonically we've seen Scorpion be frozen and break out of it, plus as he is not technically living we don't know how much extreme weather conditions effect him.

I just really don't rate her that highly.
he can just tele stab her. i don't think her ice is that strong either.

Glass Sword

Nobody
The power level of Mortal Kombat characters is super inconsistent. There is no way to tell who Scorpion could and could not take. He does not die in the old cannon until Armageddon if I remember correctly. So, I guess we can assume he at least knows how to not die. He does have experience in that department. Without further information we can only speculate.
Well it does not matter anyway since it all depends on the writer.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!

Why couldn't scorpion take green lantern? u forget that his outfit is Yellow!!!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Why couldn't scorpion take green lantern? u forget that his outfit is Yellow!!!
Yellow isn't a weakness for most of the Lantern's anymore. And even then it's his weapons that would have to be yellow. I get that that was a joke but my inner fanboy makes me compulsively argue things.

It's a wall of Absolute Zero. That's pretty open-close there.
Yeah but we tried to get into the physics of what can pass through absolute zero, such as Superman's lazers/heatvision and got nowhere. Now we have to consider whether or not hellfire can be summoned beyond the wall of absolute zero. It's not like everything around him is absolute zero or he'd be dead, so it must be a barrier of absolute zero, or as you said, a wall. So can hell fire be summoned from outside the perimeter to appear within the perimeter. Magic vs. Science = no clear answer.

Yellow isn't a weakness for most of the Lantern's anymore. And even then it's his weapons that would have to be yellow. I get that that was a joke but my inner fanboy makes me compulsively argue things.

Yeah but we tried to get into the physics of what can pass through absolute zero, such as Superman's lazers/heatvision and got nowhere. Now we have to consider whether or not hellfire can be summoned beyond the wall of absolute zero. It's not like everything around him is absolute zero or he'd be dead, so it must be a barrier of absolute zero, or as you said, a wall. So can hell fire be summoned from outside the perimeter to appear within the perimeter. Magic vs. Science = no clear answer.
how about captain cold having a faster draw? his regular cold beam can transmute flesh into crystal so if scorpion tries to burn or something he'll break his own limbs.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
how about captain cold having a faster draw? his regular cold beam can transmute flesh into crystal so if scorpion tries to burn or something he'll break his own limbs.
In my mind it comes across as a stalemate I guess. Also, is the cold field always on? Can he fire through the cold field from the inside etc? If he has to take it down to fire, then port stab ftw. If he doesn't need to bring the field down however, then it's a stalemate as Scorpion can't raise hellfire or else he'll get shot, and if Cold takes a shot at him he could probably just port away.

But we know Captain Cold is not invincible, he's been taken down before, so I don't think the cold field is as OP as we are making it out to be.

Trying to apply logic to comic book science is difficult. That plus the fact that Scorpion is a magic demon man or whatever makes it more difficult. Can he 'port inside the radius of the cold field etc.

In my mind it comes across as a stalemate I guess. Also, is the cold field always on? Can he fire through the cold field from the inside etc? If he has to take it down to fire, then port stab ftw. If he doesn't need to bring the field down however, then it's a stalemate as Scorpion can't raise hellfire or else he'll get shot, and if Cold takes a shot at him he could probably just port away.

But we know Captain Cold is not invincible, he's been taken down before, so I don't think the cold field is as OP as we are making it out to be.

Trying to apply logic to comic book science is difficult. That plus the fact that Scorpion is a magic demon man or whatever makes it more difficult. Can he 'port inside the radius of the cold field etc.
the cold field is invisible, will scorpion even know it's there?