What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Exactly, Birdie doesn't care about being thrown by Cammy lol. Is there anything that grinds you, as a Birdie player, the wrong way that a Cammy can do midscreen?
Honestly Cammy would need to change up the timing of her cannon strikes to try and fish out my AA. Are all versions of spiral arrow projectile invulnerable? If you have meter or vtrigger activated I cant throw out banana or can since you can punish on reaction.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@GAV actually, the Birdie MU has been known to be a losing MU for her. Every Cammy players agree on that, he can definitely contest her range, he can easily AA her EX cannon strike with his great cr. Mp AA, his V-skill is kind of a problem if the Birdie uses it properly, if he is yolo and does it raw then you he is bad. Also he has more damage and more health than her, this is actually oretty bad for her IMO.

A good birdie is not just going to raw dolphin grab you all day.
I doubt it was like that before they slowed down her standing MK. Maybe they didn't know what to do yet, but even in the 4K range - Birdies seemed pretty free in the first few days of SFV.

GAV

Exactly, Birdie doesn't care about being thrown by Cammy lol. Is there anything that grinds you, as a Birdie player, the wrong way that a Cammy can do midscreen?
Why would a Cammy ever be midscreen against a Birdie for more than an instant when Cammy's movement speed doubles Birdie's?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Honestly Cammy would need to change up the timing of her cannon strikes to try and fish out my AA. Are all versions of spiral arrow projectile invulnerable? If you have meter or vtrigger activated I cant throw out banana or can since you can punish on reaction.
Her EX Spiral is projecile invulnerable. That's a good point, I only really thought of using V-Trigger for that, I just use it for damage in this MU so I can make it hurt when I get the chance.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm getting so good. Should I money match Infiltration now or at Evo guys? I'll make sure it's off camera as to not embarras him.

GAV

Because Birdie can contest Cammy with his long ranged pokes? It's not just as simple as "lol i walk fast now i win yayyy"
Ummm? Because he has great normals and more health than her maybe?
You guys have probably played more than me, so you know the matchup. I'm just telling you what I do and I've only lost to a Birdie once - and I've beaten him 15 times. Birdie's pokes outrange Cammy's best one by a half-step, so her speed makes it easy. Also, if Birdie is predictable - Cammy can just outprioritize those pokes. It generally goes like this - walk, block, walk, block, walk, CRUSH. Then, it either rinses and repeats - or they change it up and Cammy just walks in for free.

I have played so much, and so many versions of, Street Fighter 2 and 3 over the years that I need to practice execution zero to pull off anything consistently, so my punishes are on point. I do dumb stuff sometimes, but I close out matches perfectly. I learned fighting games on SFII. It feels like its in my blood to know just what to do. I'm so much better at SFV than I am at MKX that its sickening, especially since I prefer MKX. With MKX, learning is so hard. With SFV, I don't have to practice or even think.