What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

The current system is too generous for new buyers. They had to adjust it. But it seems they want to shift the focus from one time only FM rewards, to targets and missions and levelling up characters, forcing you to play the game regularly.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132137
First of all, stop yelling at me. Please for the love of god I just said I am indisposed.

Second of all, I'm sorry, you've fallen for the Capcom propaganda.

Given you've completed survival, story, and challenges with each character already, the only way you can level up a character would be through ranked.

Even then,
50+ fm per win
1,000+ for leveling up a character
average 500 exp gained per match and for reference level 30= around 10k exp, according to Google.
With a price of a mere 100k for new chars.

My head hurts, can you do the math? I'm also assuming you weren't around for season 1?

But omg, can you believe Capcom graciously revealed every season 3 character pre-release?! No more mystery buying amirite?

Last edited:

xiskza

Underworld
And what other game offers you to purchase DLC with FM? Stop whining dude.
If you dont wanna grind for it with missions, targets (which give you anywhere from 6-15k every week), levelling up in ranked or other modes, CPT missions, or doing Extra Battle golden soldiers rewards, just use real money like in every other game.
If you're an old player, well guess what, you still have time to get that FM (I mean you had 2 years but whatever). And then everyone will be on the same playing field since you'll only be able to get FM through the same things. At least if you're gonna post stuff, at least post accurate (weekly missions aint going anywhere).
Its clear this change because of people starting smurf accounts to buy new characters which has made capcom change it. Why spend real money/a lot of time to earn money, when people just have to start a new account and spend a few hours grinding easy offline fight money, every season?

Last edited:
I've been playing on pc since about two months after release and my total fm earned is almost 2 million. And that's without really doing any survival grinding(think I beat it on normal with 2 characters), and without focusing on fm missions at all.

Also capcom has done multiple 50,000 fm missions in the past couple months so you should be set to get the characters you want

xiskza

Underworld
Also this

Bullet points that got left out of the US blogpost

Trials and Survival were too hard for a lot of players. While the FM was "available", they couldn't earn it. (No argument there) There will be more FM made available through EX Battle, Weekly Missions, etc. than there currently is under the current setup. They want to move all FM earnings to be achieved by playing Arcade/VS mode (via EXP) and through weekly/monthly quests and events."

TDL: They want FM to be more available to the majority of the playerbase then having to grind through the hell that is survival mode. Allegedly.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so its been explained to me that guile has no changes. maybe if theressome universal gameplay mehcanic change that’s one thing but besides that hes the same.

meanwhile you see all these other characters getting bodied hmmmm all along its almost like guile is just a fair character hmmmm onosan recognizes guile players’ amazing fundementals good luck rest of you bums with your skanky characters in season 3 lul

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I better see some additional buffs besides all them damn nerfs Ibuki got. I feel they took the fun factor away :/

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i hope we can make our cfn profiles private to our friends down the line. when i matchup vs all these fraud guile players the things they do i only did but its just a poor man’s version of my methods. none of these guys still hit master yet i play them all the time. i was actually surprised to see that me and noneedfortalk were the only na master guiles still. that guy isnt even that good if he can do it then lul

sad

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Damn dude I didn't know you were 40 years old. It's an honor to meat you mr I invented sonic boom into flash kick AA
has nothing to do with guile in the neutral im talking about habits. i guess this is what nemo must feel like when little bums like yourself watch a couple nemo videos lul