What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

KCJ506

Noob
I can see that. Probably not until towards the end of SFV though. I think the next season they are going to bring back old characters we all love like Sakura and Sagat.
Well I was actually half joking when I stated that, but with all the other companies having guest characters in their games, I won't be surprised if Capcom does eventually add a guest character or two to Street Fighter 5. Other than Street Fighter, it's getting hard to find a big fighting game that doesn't have guest characters at least once in its main line series.

But also in a way I hope Capcom doesn't feel pressured into putting in guests just because other companies are doing it and just simply puts in returning characters for the next passes until they're finished. Particularly a few more of the ones that haven't been playable since the PS1 era.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
you could. the thing is also if you do cross him up by the time you land your frames would be all gone lul cant link anything. it even happens to some tall characters like fang or birdie now
Oh right... I guess the downside is they can get clipped by instant air overheads that wouldn't hit shorter characters (like Rashid's j.HP).

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Sigh. I didn't think I'd be saying this again..
But if anyone wants games.. hit a brother up..I main Karin but I'm goofing off with Ed to kinda get back into the game some.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Capcom at San Diego Comic-Con 2017

Heads up, San Diego: we’re bringing a full suite of Capcom activities and goods to SDCC 2017!

Starting on Preview Night, July 19th, and going all the way through Sunday, July 23rd, we’ll be at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, showing off a number of upcoming titles alongside several games that celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter. We’ll also be selling brand new merch at the Capcom Store and hosting many exclusive panels. We’re even bringing members of the development teams from Japan for some signing sessions (free posters will be provided while supplies last)! Here’s the full scoop:

Playable games:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Street Fighter V
Street Fighter (various old-school Street Fighter games running on actual arcade units!)

Panels:

Thursday July 20, 1:00-2:00pm Room 6BCF – Marvel Games
Look out, True Believer, the superheroes you love and the supervillains you love to hate are waging war on your consoles, PCs, and mobile devices! Be there as key members of the Marvel Games team take to the stage to share the latest and greatest with you . . . and open the floor to answer your questions!

Friday July 21, 11:15am-12:30pm Room 6BCF – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Universes merge in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, as the collaborative team from Marvel and Capcom discuss the immersive cinematic story featured in the upcoming game. Learn how both sides joined forces to bring the story to life, with iconic heroes from Marvel and Capcom teaming up to battle against a sinister new supervillain who threatens to destroy their newly formed world.

Friday July 21, 12:45-1:45pm Room 6BCF – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Shoryuken! Celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter by taking a look at the past, present, and future of Capcom's beloved fighting game series. Hear behind-the-scenes stories from key team members and expect some fun and games—and maybe even a surprise visit from executive producer Yoshinori Ono, too!

Friday July 21, 7:00-8:00pm Room 25ABC – Resident Evil: Vendetta
The Resident Evil franchise returns with the action-packed third installment in the state-of-the-art CG animated series, Resident Evil: Vendetta. Featuring a never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes look at the highly anticipated movie, fans will be treated to insider information from iconic Japanese filmmaker Takashi Shimizu (The Grudge), director Takanori Tsujimoto, and the cast. In addition, fans of the Resident Evil video game will get a chance to hear about the history of one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time from Capcom’s Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who has produced several of the series’ most popular games.

Saturday July 22, 2:00-3:00pm Room 25ABC – World of Capcom
Moderator Tim Turi hosts a panel filled with Capcom team members to present the company's latest and greatest video games. Capcom has been creating popular games for over three decades, and this panel is the place for fans of all ages to check out the new games they can look forward to. Be sure to pay close attention to every exciting detail – the panel concludes with a fun trivia quiz for an array of awesome Capcom prizes.

Saturday July 22, 3:00-4:00pm Room 25ABC – Monster Hunter
Get a behind-the-scenes look at Capcom's newest action RPG game, Monster Hunter: World! Fresh off the announcement at E3 2017, this panel features the latest and greatest directly from the Capcom staff and development team members. This new entry in the popular Monster Hunter series is coming globally to PS4 and Xbox One in early 2018 with a PC release to follow.

Signing Sessions:

THURSDAY, July 20

1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
Ryozo Tsujimoto, Producer
Kaname Fujioka, Executive & Art Director
3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Resident Evil: Vendetta
Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer
Sony Pictures Entertainment
3:00-4:00pm The Loyal Subjects booth #4951 – Street Fighter
Yoshinori Ono, Executive Producer
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

FRIDAY, July 21

3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
3:00-4:00pm Cryptozoic booth #115 – Street Fighter
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

SATURDAY, July 22

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
11:00am-12:00pm NSURGO booth #4529 – Street Fighter
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey “Chamba” Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment
2:00-3:00pm UDON booth #4529 – Street Fighter
4:00-5:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter
5:30-6:30pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World

SUNDAY, July 23

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Long Vo, Artist, UDON Entertainment
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey “Chamba” Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment

With this many Capcom activities going on, it’ll be hard to leave the Capcom booth! And for the folks at home, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the inevitably awesome selection of Capcom cosplayers we’ll find as well as other goings on from the show floor.
SOURCE-
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh...comic-con-2017

SpineRip

Noob
I hope they reveal their 30th anniversary surprises at this panel on Friday, that Ono teased at the beginning of the year...

It says that they'll talk about the future of Street Fighter, but I hope I don't get my hopes up. I have my fingers crossed for some major updates, not necessarily SSFV, but at least an extra mode or two, netcode fixes, and some new gameplay mechanics.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I hope they reveal their 30th anniversary surprises at this panel on Friday, that Ono teased at the beginning of the year...

It says that they'll talk about the future of Street Fighter, but I hope I don't get my hopes up. I have my fingers crossed for some major updates, not necessarily SSFV, but at least an extra mode or two, netcode fixes, and some new gameplay mechanics.
I'm starting to think the big news or update to SFV won't happen till after MVCi release and Capcom cup. I think SSFV will include more content, netcode fixes since they team up with Bandai, and new gameplay mechanics.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'll be on again tonight. Really struggling vs good guiles and giefs. I'm surprisingly playing the rog mu a lot better but still losing lol. St lk buff helps.

EntropicByDesign

Havent been able to get on much in the evenings, sorry.

Sigh Capcom. Skins and strages galore, fixes and QoL updates and balance stuff no where to be seen.

So, after the s2.5 changes or whatever, how does Fang fair now, did he get appreciably better in any real way? Just curious. I had to quit the game to find my main apparently, as I am firmly a Karin player now.. but I will pocket Ed, at least for a while, he's kinda fun.

Havent been able to get on much in the evenings, sorry.

Sigh Capcom. Skins and strages galore, fixes and QoL updates and balance stuff no where to be seen.

So, after the s2.5 changes or whatever, how does Fang fair now, did he get appreciably better in any real way? Just curious. I had to quit the game to find my main apparently, as I am firmly a Karin player now.. but I will pocket Ed, at least for a while, he's kinda fun.
Fang is still bad.

EntropicByDesign

Vvsssghhjhhhdffttttttttttttttttsporgggfrop.

That's the sound I just made while considering actually playing Urien. I don't know if that's a bad sound or a good sound.

NHDR

Noob
Yeah, Capcom should have announced Sagat at EVO. I mean, to me they got out-hyped easily by Namco with the Geese announcement. EVO is the biggest tournament around, you gotta bring out all your guns to it.