What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Anyone know how this eleague works? On stream someone said next round will be May something but not sure if he was trolling? Isn't there play tomorrow even on like TV?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
remember when the scrubs said Guiles the best in the game so Daigo is using him then he went 3-4 and almost lost to gllty

cracks me up u guise lul

remember when the scrubs said Guiles the best in the game so Daigo is using him then he went 3-4 and almost lost to gllty

cracks me up u guise lul
You said that the other day.

Funny thing about this is that Daigo is trying to play his old school fireball game but SFV does not allow this.

Last edited:

cracks me up u guise lul
Don't be the gief player man. Don't do it. Having a bad matchup vs sim is not an excuse to call your character mid tier.

I'm having trouble with jump in crossups, I mean I know which way to block most of the time but I mean after that my opponent just keeps applying pressure and more crossups until I mess up. Would a right timed jab beat the crossups or depends?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm having trouble with jump in crossups, I mean I know which way to block most of the time but I mean after that my opponent just keeps applying pressure and more crossups until I mess up. Would a right timed jab beat the crossups or depends?
My go-to is usually jump back light or medium normals when someone tries to cross me up, but you can move forward so their jumping attack whiffs and try to punish them for it or at least start pressure. If you don't react in time and just block their jump-in you can always v-reversal to try and bail yourself out, too.

It also kinda depends on who you main, some characters have unique answers.

My go-to is usually jump back light or medium normals when someone tries to cross me up, but you can move forward so their jumping attack whiffs and try to punish them for it or at least start pressure. If you don't react in time and just block their jump-in you can always v-reversal to try and bail yourself out, too.

It also kinda depends on who you main, some characters have unique answers.
Thanks man. I main Ryu and Laura. Yea I think I need to practice the late DP too. One question, if I walk forward and their attack whiffs can I punish them? And if so do I start my punish before they land? Or @FL Rushdown since you mained Ryu too.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I main Ryu and Laura. Yea I think I need to practice the late DP too. One question, if I walk forward and their attack whiffs can I punish them? And if so do I start my punish before they land? Or @FL Rushdown since you mained Ryu too.
Any air normal causes them to have 4 recovery frames on landing. If they press a button and you walk under and they whiff you've got a punish opportunity. Other than that you can practice cross cut dp inputs or work on auto correct timings for your dp. Whichever you prefer. Ryus jump back jab is also quite good against close jumpers.

@FL Rushdown, hey since you used to main Ryu a
Any air normal causes them to have 4 recovery frames on landing. If they press a button and you walk under and they whiff you've got a punish opportunity. Other than that you can practice cross cut dp inputs or work on auto correct timings for your dp. Whichever you prefer. Ryus jump back jab is also quite good against close jumpers.
Thanks. Would you have the time to tell me the dufference between a cross cut DP and auto correct DP's?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
@FL Rushdown, hey since you used to main Ryu a

Thanks. Would you have the time to tell me the dufference between a cross cut DP and auto correct DP's?
Cross cut DP if they jump from right over to your left would be input as :r:qtr:d:qtl + MP
Auto correct would be :r:d:qtr + MP

Of course you have to time it really well so the last input happens right as they go over your head. Cross cut DP timing seems pretty lenient. The other shortcuts work too, like :qtr:d:qtl:l and :qtr:qtl:qtr

@FL Rushdown might correct me on some of that but I'm pretty sure that all works.