What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I hadn't noticed that before, huh.. thanks for letting me know..

Now, anyone ever played Brawlhalla?
I tried it. It's a solid game. Not my cup of tea though. Seems like smash players would like it most. I wish the characters had more varied move sets. Seems like most of them play one of 3 or 4 ways. It makes the game feel kind of stale, imo.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I tried it. It's a solid game. Not my cup of tea though. Seems like smash players would like it most. I wish the characters had more varied move sets. Seems like most of them play one of 3 or 4 ways. It makes the game feel kind of stale, imo.
Gotcha, yeah that was my worry, everyone looks like they all do really similar things.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I dunno about top tier exactly, but chicka is money like a dollar this season. I think she's in the weird a+ tier SFv has going for it.
apart from her health being low she ticks all the top tier boxes. that float thing she does and that hop jump makes her very hard to aa.

EntropicByDesign

apart from her health being low she ticks all the top tier boxes. that float thing she does and that hop jump makes her very hard to aa.

I agree, except I feel this season has a top tier and a top top tier and she's just doesn't have the winnability (I made that word up) that Rog, Urien, Laura and such has. I feel like when you play against an Ibuki you are still PLAYING and that can't exactly be said for some characters that just do whatever the hell they want and still kill you off one wrong guess.

You're totally right though in that she checks all the boxes, she even checks the one-touch kill boxes with her trigger mix-ups or raw damage converts, but I still feel like her one weakness is she's still a very situational character and her insanity is based on several things falling in to place at once, vs the other absolute top tiers that can almost always employ the shit that makes them insane.

Counter to that though, I still feel like she has the highest skill cap in the game.. other characters might be even with her, but no one surpasses her. The cap isn't an execution cap though, it's a decision and play cap. Knowing when to spend or hoard resources on her is SO IMPORTANT, along with knowing when it's time to reset and when it's time to optimize damage and so on. Once/if the S tiers get adjusted, I'm on board the Ibuki top tier train.

Im firmly a Karin main now, but some day (I say this looking at the distant horizon with a tear in my eye while making a sweeping hand motion) some day, I will play Ibuki. *Cue orchestral score to invoke sadness, longing and unfulfilled combo potential*

Aegis not even op imo urien recovery and speed on certain attacks along with the range need to be nerfed a little he can keep dmg.
One screw up when they're mashing you can literally jump back over aegis and dash back until you clear enough room between it
Yeah sorry but no. You're either super trolling or just don't know what you're talking about, possibly a mix of both.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah, neutralizing Aegis is a lot harder than jumping over it.. Not to mention that Aegis' isnt just thrown out randomly in neutral.. Its used that way sure, among 36 other uses, setups and traps.. and of course Urien has some setups designed to catch and shit on jump over/away attempts.

Im confused by the mashing comment too, are you saying its fine because if he drops the combo you can escape? Cause I dont think counting on the other guy to drop the combo is a very good argument. I mean, good players dont drop in the first place and if the player isnt good enough to land it all the time then what you can and cant do vs him has no bearing on balance in the first place.

I still have my fingers crossed that Urien comes through S2.5 top tier, I dont mind him being gangster, just not like, Yakuza level gangster.

I have about 45m to play, anyone want sets?

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Yeah, neutralizing Aegis is a lot harder than jumping over it.. Not to mention that Aegis' isnt just thrown out randomly in neutral.. Its used that way sure, among 36 other uses, setups and traps.. and of course Urien has some setups designed to catch and shit on jump over/away attempts.

Im confused by the mashing comment too, are you saying its fine because if he drops the combo you can escape? Cause I dont think counting on the other guy to drop the combo is a very good argument. I mean, good players dont drop in the first place and if the player isnt good enough to land it all the time then what you can and cant do vs him has no bearing on balance in the first place.

I still have my fingers crossed that Urien comes through S2.5 top tier, I dont mind him being gangster, just not like, Yakuza level gangster.

I have about 45m to play, anyone want sets?
we can play a little if you want

EntropicByDesign

GGs @FL Rushdown

I was way off my game, such as it is, tonight.. Hopping around and being stupid. Ive been making a concentrated effort to work on my neutral and I just said fuck it tonight for some reason and gave rounds away to AA's vs Akuma and just generally played like hammered ass vs Alex. Also, I wasnt being salty about Alex, I was just joking.

Meh.