What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
None of her charges hit OH. Her overhead she does a small flip and his you with one leg.

You're probably talking about her MK charge (the middle charge icon), where she hits with her heel and it has the special move trail. That's -4 but she cancel any charge into another charge so if she ends in fireball she's -2.

Juri pressure game isn't OD like a Balrog or Cammy you but she can definitely get an offense going. It's probably just a lack of knowledge and you playing dhalsim making it harder than usual
It could of been the connection also. I purposefully put my self in the corner for 6 straight rounds to try to figure it out without using Vreversal. My lights which were the only things fast enough to contest constantly got beat after she charged after a blocked normal or she was to far away for my lk or lp to connect. I might just have to learn her pressure strings to find where i can poke out.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Not off a throw midscreen but on some other knockdowns it seems like you could dash twice and then throw/instant air gale and it's kind good for sim because is gale is plus and airborn so it's gonna beat the tech or be plus if I block. I need to lab it or find a video...
Yeah on some knock downs I can do 1 dash and IA gale but if you see me do 2 dashes from a odd knock down you can more then likely poke me out of it. Its only +2 if i think if it hits super meaty but if it clips seems to be around 0 ob not completely sure.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah on some knock downs I can do 1 dash and IA gale but if you see me do 2 dashes from a odd knock down you can more then likely poke me out of it. Its only +2 if i think if it hits super meaty but if it clips seems to be around 0 ob not completely sure.
I literally couldn't find anything about his oki on the net. I guess I have to lab it. You would think there would be like a repository of sim setups since he's all about the setplay...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I literally couldn't find anything about his oki on the net. I guess I have to lab it. You would think there would be like a repository of sim setups since he's all about the setplay...
Yeah you would think so, I couldn't find 1 sim setup and oki video for s2 while there are plenty for others. I honestly never knew sim was considered a setplay character, shows how much I know about him.

Hit me up if you want some games tonight.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah you would think so, I couldn't find 1 sim setup and oki video for s2 while there are plenty for others. I honestly never knew sim was considered a setplay character, shows how much I know about him.

Hit me up if you want some games tonight.
Damn, I just played a long set against this iiCandyman dude from Canada. Pretty good Laura and Balrog. I was gonna invite someone from TYM but I didn't see anyone on. Maybe tomorrow?

I'd consider Sim keepaway zoning with some setplay. He zones until he is forced to play up close then gets a knockdown and goes for a setup. I think it depends on the matchup though. Sometimes he just wants to keep zoning. Those are my observations at least.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Well, what HELPED to make them so powerful were tools that were relatively safe that they could more or less use at Thier leisure (and spam them as well) that carried amazing risk/reward for them.

So Chun had instant air legs. She still does granted but they are negative on block now.. A Chun player could get in your face and pressure with anything she wanted and get throw after throw after throw and offense after offense after offense because of IA legs. They were safe, they totally avoided a HUGE number of buttons, would shit on throw techs and could lead in to a combo that while not insanely high damaging or anything was still respectable. She could just mash them out and they were extremely difficult to deal with. If you KNEW they were coming, towards the end of the season players were reacting to them, some characters could check her, bit not everyone and even then it was a risk. Chuns offense once it got rolling, was completely bullshit. Add in her other tools (st.fp , a reversal, solid fireball, etc) and she was just oppressive.

Mika had Whip and her corner-anywhere bounce on top of fast gap closers that could.be spaced out to be safe and of.i remember correctly, plus. Once a Mika was.in whip range they could literally spam the move until it worked. Even at high level play Mika's would do this, because why not? One touch and she could put you in her blender where one additional wrong guess was absolutely a stun and most likely the round. You could CC a Mika and full punish and the risk/reward was usually STILL in her favor. Couple.yhat with her bonkers mix-ups, massive straight damage, huge ex throw damage and range and.other tools and you had a character that once she got in (and she had excellent tools to get in.. a gap closers on a GRAPPLER that leaves you plus is a nightmare) she could do whatever she wanted and even if you were ready for not and actively countering it, she could just mash through because the risk/reward was monumentally difficult to tilt out of her favor.

Throw nerfs were important in timing things down as well but I can't remember what Chun and Mika got after reg throws so I can't speak too much on that aspect.

As to Bison, he got a 3f button and various other buffs including a walk speed buff (yes, as slow as he moves, that speed used.to be even.worse) . Bison is very good this season, very, and he's super fun.
Yeah I'm gonna stick to maining Bison but also wouldn't mind another character, I was using Cammy but I just find her boring?
I like Chun-Li, but also Necalli is cool as fk, but not really sure on his game plan?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Its all good man tomorrow I am down for sure. Seems like without a low starter his set play is a bit limited but I am not even close to having sim down yet my execution on some stuff and confirms need a lot of work.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
really wish i had a 3 frame button that led to a meterless knockdown or a super simple target combo that lead to crazy corner carry.